The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Cryptocurrency Investing Discussion

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Would love to see 10k catch up to 800k. I'm gonna have to agree with @CareCPA
I started with $15k total out of pocket and have fluctuated between as high as $62k and as low as $8k... currently sitting at $43k in only a few months so stay active and we will all get there ;) buy and hold and cost averaging down to increase coin/token counts have been my strategy. Planning to get in on a few presales or ICOs over this next year if all works out well and continue to build my portfolio.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
Let's just make this easy... Here's my current portfolio... The stuff in grey are tokens that haven't been released and/or received yet.

I'll post an updated portfolio every couple weeks or so...

J Scott Portfolio - 2/14/18

:wideyed: Wow

Given that the most I've ever had in crypto out of pocket is $20K, it's certainly possible!!!

Is that to say your $20k investment is currently worth $800k + ?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I started with $15k total out of pocket and have fluctuated between as high as $62k and as low as $8k... currently sitting at $43k in only a few months so stay active and we will all get there ;) buy and hold and cost averaging down to increase coin/token counts have been my strategy. Planning to get in on a few presales or ICOs over this next year if all works out well and continue to build my portfolio.

My experience these last few months have been the same. Up 30k, down 20k.

I hit break even on yesterday’s btc and Ltc run up and pulled out 100% into fiat. Going to take a break from crypto for a while and focus on my business.

I’ll get back in at an opportune time somewhere down the line.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
Hey all.

It was great meeting many of you yesterday and finding out all about this cryptocurrency thing. After some thought, I'm planning on going hard with this out of the gate.

Any chance for a new invite/link to the Slack? The previous 3 on this thread have expired?

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Hey all.

It was great meeting many of you yesterday and finding out all about this cryptocurrency thing. After some thought, I'm planning on going hard with this out of the gate.

Any chance for a new invite/link to the Slack? The previous 3 on this thread have expired?
Sent you a pm!

Edit:
For others that are interested in joining the slack group and learning more, use this link:

Create Account | Slack

Once you’re in, shoot a message to the general channel and either @James Fend or I will add you to the private channel.

This link shouldn’t expire, but if it does, please let me know and I’ll update it.

Last edited:

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
putting in a lot of study.

This x 100! Hours of behind the scenes work go into being in the right place at the right time.

$800k will be quite the challenge, considering this $800k is the value at the bottom of a bear; it will be a goliath here in the next months. My stone throwing better be good :smile:

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
This x 100! Hours of behind the scenes work go into being in the right place at the right time.

$800k will be quite the challenge, considering this $800k is the value at the bottom of a bear; it will be a goliath here in the next months. My stone throwing better be good [emoji2]
I'm up $4k or about 10% since you guys started. Best of luck to everyone ;)

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
@JScott

Hey man! Great posts! Thanks for all of the insights!

I was just wondering if you have any specific tips on finding good ICO companies. I've been doing research pretty much nonstop since the summit. All of the teams seem to be likely scammers.

Is there a good place to find legitimate companies releasing ICO? Or is this just par for course and we just have to wade through the BS?

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
I started by putting about $10K into XRP and ETH early last year, and that had a big run up through early summer.

In July, I doubled-down by putting most of it in TenX (PAY) as a pre-sale play. That had a 6x run up in a few weeks.

Then moved it into a lot of other ICOs/pre-sales -- REQ, LINK, ENG, CVC, AIR, etc. Most did really well.

Then I got into ICX as a pre-sale in September, and that is currently at about 45x run-up (was over 100x), but I can't sell yet.

Haha that's really nice man, we did really well on those projects too, good ole' days. ICO's are so much harder to get in now, we are only able to get in via private deals.

I was hoping for at least 10x with Bluzelle but market is really bad nowadays, so many ICO's launching on exchanges and ED below ICO price.

We're pretty much just being way more conservative than usual now and just investing in ICO's that are really hyped. @JScott would love to hear if you have any advice in this market?

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
Unfortunately, other than brute force research, I don't know any good way to easily separate the good stuff from the crap. We've found that there is a relatively small circle of CEOs and advisors who are handing a lot of good ICOs, so following those people (and seeing what they're involved in and recommend) can help with some of the work. But, like you said, there's a lot of crap out there masquerading as good ideas...

Thanks for the response!

Would you mind providing the names of the CEOs and advisors?

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 9.54.48 AM.png
If it continues to follow the same emotional cycle as the 2014 crash except in an accelerated pace; the following will happen:

1) Continue downward to $9k or $8.6k over the weekend. Bitcoin down, Alts down.

2) Bitcoin goes fairly sideways for a week or so. Bitcoin sideways, Alts up big!

3) Bitcoin goes up again to double-top at $11.8k. Bitcoin up, Alts down.

4) Bitcoin takes a crap dive back to $5.8k. Bitcoin down, Alts down.

5) Quick recover and thus begins the crazy full bull we've grown to love around the end of March. The double-bottom touch at $5.8k will bring out everybody and their grandmothers. =)

Of course; things can deviate away from this mapping. Depending on just how far we deviate away from this cycle will determine how we need to pivot our trades.. or lack thereof lol. (unless you've got a handle on shorting, but that's a whole 'nother ball game).

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Good news for holders: The market is coming back this month.

Bad news: You will need to wait a couple more weeks. =)

For active traders: My take, Bitcoin comes off this bull trap to $7.8k on or around March 2 to March 3. This should be the lowest low we see in awhile.

I plan to sell my kidneys and stuff to buy up at this price. I am targeting TRX at 340ish and XRP (not sure what price yet though).

We have another Bitcoin rally after Bitcoin gets done going sideways. Then.. I think a big drop possible, but not sure yet. =)

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I literally haven't checked the price on any of my coins since the market started tanking. I assume I'm down on all of them, some a little & maybe some a lot.

When I look at the history of Bitcoin in particular, it looks like the next crazy bull cycle is a year or so out. I expect lots of volatility with moderate appreciation until then.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
3) Bitcoin goes up again to double-top at $11.8k.

4) Bitcoin takes a crap dive back to $5.8k.

5) Quick recover and thus begins the crazy full bull we've grown to love around the end of March.

pMIUkY4.gif

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
This thread just reminded me to check my portfolio. Thanks almost entirely to getting in on Bitcoin when it was ~$1.5K and the Tezos ICO, my portfolio is still looking okay. Most of my alts, I can't say the same about.

All I can say is that I'm damn glad I read Nassim Taleb before throwing any serious money into crypto.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
I'd all but forgotten about the thing after all the drama last year. I wasn't sure they were actually going to release a product.

Following the charts on the pre-release has given me some hope. I don't know if it's got the goods to be a legitimate ETH challenger, but it could be interesting with the weight they've got behind them.

Who knows with this stuff. It's like trying to predict the iPhone in 1985.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Got in on Storiqa (STQ) @ 25-37 satoshi, still on the fence as to whether or not it's just a P&D (the Telegram channel smells fishy and there is too much information suppression happening on the Reddit thread), but I like the idea. I picked up 750,000 tokens and have already almost doubled my money on it. If the team delivers according to their roadmap could be a good multiplier.

Another interesting project I've been eyeing lately is SONM.

@JScott Any high potential projects on your radar?

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Got in on Storiqa (STQ) @ 25-37 satoshi, still on the fence as to whether or not it's just a P&D (the Telegram channel smells fishy and there is too much information suppression happening on the Reddit thread), but I like the idea. I picked up 750,000 tokens and have already almost doubled my money on it. If the team delivers according to their roadmap could be a good multiplier.
RE: STQ - Currently sitting at 117 satoshi after this article came out.

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/20-cryptocurrencies-to-bet-the-house-on-cm970332

Also if EOS does end up on Coinbase things could get very interesting.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Does anyone have any opinions on how the Crypto world is going these days (other than exchange hackings and such).

Prices are the lowest I have seen in a long time

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Does anyone have any opinions on how the Crypto world is going these days (other than exchange hackings and such).

Prices are the lowest I have seen in a long time

I think we are approaching the "plateau of disillusionment" but at the same time, real practical applications of the blokchain are distancing themselves from the bubbly crypto crowd. They don't want blockchain investors, or lambo obsessed speculators. If you read the white papers, it is obvious they are using Distributed Ledgers of some sort, just don't call it that.

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Just posting an update on this thread since it has been a while. I personally have rode the market up a great amount of money and was too stubborn to put in any stop limit orders or sell anything and buy back in so I just held through the rise and fall... At this point I am still up about 12% from my total $$ investment (even after losing $45k in unrealized gains from the high point) and am not doing much at this time and am willing to let it ride and see if something exciting happens in the future. I would be willing to consolidate my holdings further to just ETH, BTC, and maybe LTC but that's low on my priority list since I am down pretty far on each one of those individually and would prefer them to come up a bit before I convert or sell. I think all the ICO bans, advertising bans, and futures all happening at once were just too much at the same time but have long term faith that cryptocurrency and blockchain are still in infancy stages and will be back in "style" especially if the economy moves the way a lot of people are posting.

Anyways, hope everyone else is doing ok and taking advantage of the sideways market to make some trading money...

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
There are a lot of great ideas out there with marginal teams, and in this environment, a marginal team isn't going to be able to get a good price pop post-ICO regardless of how good the idea is.

Eth,Freicoin,litecoin were marginal teams when they started, plus a lot of those advisors are advisors to hire.

I'd bet you'd make more money before allocation in private placements or SAFT at waiting for pre-allocation maybe too late.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I stopped updating my own thread as I sit on the sidelines.

It has been a good decision to do so.

Why?

Because it gave me more time to learn and figure out patterns and manipulation.

I've learned that sometimes you have to have a couple plays you can use depending on situations.

Example:

1. When the market is in a downtrend and I see X or Y or Z, I am going to use X% of my bankroll to buy at X price level on the hourly.

2. On the above example, if X or Y or Z doesn't happen, but B or C happens, adjust to alternative plan of buying at Z price level and Y% of bankroll.

3. When the market is up and the new day opens ( not really applicable in crypto, but lets use 7pm EST ) and Z happens, I am going to use X% of my bankroll to purchase at X% of open price for the day.

Nothing is 100%, but I have narrowly defined even more when I buy in because of sitting out and "practicing" with paper money more.

I've been using what I learned and applying it to forex and stock market as well. Some things seem to transfer over, others don't.

I'm trying to make a playbook for events on paper, and then code those out as a "recommendation bot" that sends me alerts in Slack.

My only issue has been, working with APIs of exchanges that have a lot of fiat/crypto pairs.

I have totally gone away of crypto/crypto pairs 100%. I am only trading fiat/crypto pairs exclusively now.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
@JScott

I was thinking more of the multiwallet token private placements with gradual release (and option selling) of course I'm relying on what I'm told by those with first hand knowledge so I could always misunderstand people plus I'm in Europe and the people(whom have first hand knowledge in this,I'm talking too, are and so are their investors, so nobody has to worry about the SEC.

I would be curious to see your results by type SAFT vs PreICO vs private placement.

Are you exclusively using US ones, open to US investors only or are you doing the Inversion investor trick?

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Until we get out of winter, ICO's are going to carry on being challenging but there's definitely still money to be made from trading the volatility.

That said, theoretically the bulls are coming, I know people have been saying this since March but I really think they are, just needs to be seen whether it's going to be a crazy mania like last year what with the mythical institutional money effect coming in etc.

Personally I've not cashed out a single cent to fiat since I started which on hindsight is dumb but now that everyone has seen this everyone might start cashing out this December so it might no longer be dumb to HODL but this is crypto so who knows.

I think out of my investments for the last few months, only LOOM (8x) and GOCHAIN (4.5x) have done well.

Meantime I have been loading up on knowledge and networking and more long-term plays like setting up/preparing for masternodes on NULS, VET, ALQO.

RedBaron

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Until we get out of winter, ICO's are going to carry on being challenging but there's definitely still money to be made from trading the volatility.

That said, theoretically the bulls are coming, I know people have been saying this since March but I really think they are, just needs to be seen whether it's going to be a crazy mania like last year what with the mythical institutional money effect coming in etc.

Personally I've not cashed out a single cent to fiat since I started which on hindsight is dumb but now that everyone has seen this everyone might start cashing out this December so it might no longer be dumb to HODL but this is crypto so who knows.

I think out of my investments for the last few months, only LOOM (8x) and GOCHAIN (4.5x) have done well.

Meantime I have been loading up on knowledge and networking and more long-term plays like setting up/preparing for masternodes on NULS, VET, ALQO.
another solid masternode is Te-food. Decred is great for private tickets as well for a nice passive income

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.