The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Switching your paradigm

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jakub_koru

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 7, 2022
Rotterdam
Everyone spends time trying to become someone else without understanding that you can only become the second best at that. Those folks read and watch a lot about their idols—whether it’s an athlete like the late Kobe Bryant or a business mogul like Elon Musk—and they assimilate everything there is to know about them without questioning whether what they read is even remotely applicable to them.
I say this to say that there is a difference between trying to be someone else without knowing how and taking the best parts of someone else's way of thinking and using them in yourself. I'm at the point where I know myself well enough to know that I need to get better in a lot of ways. That’s why I’m here, to ask for advice on consciously altering your beliefs, becoming aware of your biases, and changing the bullshit that I’m selling myself (where are the real ones at eh?)
For the first time, what I read in Unscripted made me stop and think; I paid attention to the three b's. Nevertheless, I find it hard to adapt. Although it is effective, I am aware that I am capable of more. If you've managed to shift your perspective or paradigm, please explain how you accomplished it. Does anybody have any advice or anecdotes to share?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm at the point where I know myself well enough to know that I need to get better in a lot of ways. That’s why I’m here, to ask for advice on consciously altering your beliefs, becoming aware of your biases, and changing the bullshit that I’m selling myself (where are the real ones at eh?)

The first step to lifelong growth, so give yourself congrats. The way to keep your beliefs always moving toward universal truths is to keep them open to new information. People lose out on this philosophy is when they transpose belief with truths, and act out of that false premise, when in fact, their beliefs aren't truths, but beliefs based on cultural norms, stale traditions, and various other ideas not based on evidence. A consensus belief then buttresses the idea.

Welcome to the forum.

Jakub_koru

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 7, 2022
Rotterdam
That's very helpful, so thank you! Indeed, insightful.

Besides, it's mind-boggling how much more I still have to learn. And I'm simply relieved to have discovered a reliable resource and a forum for conversation to accompany it.

Glad to be here!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.