The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stock market Predictions with Corona

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm gonna read my tea leaves and say the SPY closes at 302.49 today (Mar 2 2020), or around there. It's currently 297.38 about 30m into trading. Just for the record... (and the potential LOLs).

Looks like I was on the money with this until about one hour left of trading... then all hell broke lose.

Had a huge day, going long on Friday paid off. I also went longer in the morning and damn, did that pay off too. Tried to take off risk as the day lingered higher.... still don't think we're out of the woods yet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Robinhood app had major outage today... This lets me know that this bounce is FULL of WEAK HANDS (the type of investors that use Robinhood are not the type of investors that accumulate creating support).

There is no strong floor here. I expect further downside here within the next few days. Bitcoin and Gold following the further downside as well.

In addition: as mentioned previously; I believe NYC govt is downplaying their one victim's isolation beforehand. Same movie, different actors. Last time it was Trump and China down-playing, this time NYC govt. Deaths has risen quite quickly if we look at ratio of those infected in the US. China's virus death is topping and should get better from here, the US has just started. I expect at least 50 deaths from this before we see any turn.

Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Robinhood app had major outage today... This lets me know that this bounce is FULL of WEAK HANDS (the type of investors that use Robinhood the type of investors that accumulate).

There is no strong floor here. I expect further downside here within the next few days. Bitcoin and Gold following the further downside as well.

In addition: as mentioned previously; I believe NYC govt is downplaying their one victim's isolation beforehand. Same movie, different actors. Last time it was Trump and China down-playing, this time NYC govt. Deaths has risen quite quickly if we look at ratio of those infected in the US. China's virus death is topping and should get better from here, the US has just started. I expect at least 50 deaths from this before we see any turn.
Yeah hell of an outage I’ll say lol. The whole day was lost and people lost thousands.

What do y’all think about Co-Diagnostics? (CODX)

They just got approved today to sell test kits in the US. Had a very good day today aswell.

RadicalShift

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jul 26, 2019
Spending quite a few years on Wall Street, I personally believe the market is in for a VERY rough road for the next 6 months+! After a surprise (no surprise) 50 basis points cut today, and with MORE cuts coming in the next few months, the Fed is trying to do everything in it's POWER to save the market!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah hell of an outage I’ll say lol. The whole day was lost and people lost thousands.

What do y’all think about Co-Diagnostics? (CODX)

They just got approved today to sell test kits in the US. Had a very good day today aswell.

Imo, any stock related to vaccines or medical supply is a pure Pump & Dump. You could scalp for some good gains, but get in, get out.

There's a lag between demand for medical supply and the growth or reduction of the virus impact. I'd say, if you do buy in, keep in mind do you see the demand for this stuff AFTER May. Anything before that is already priced in and will dump if indeed this virus starts reeling back a bit in warmer weather.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
the Fed is trying to do everything in it's POWER to save the market!

I am not that well versed with macro economic stuff, but with my noob eyes this is what the Fed is saying to me (and possibly US stocks):

"Oh shit, our economy is looking like it might hit the shits here soon & we are confirming this"

"We are technically in a recession"

"We are using all our firepower now, so if we aren't in a recession, any future recession, we have less power to do anything"

tribenation

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 28, 2018
I'm by no means a trader expert.
Last week I snagged a couple of REITs that have good financials and pay good dividends. So far they are doing good (except for the recent dip).
Smarter minds than me have noted the best buys will be when there is a market correction of 20%, and then to buy only the solid players (ex: Amzn, Goog, Nflx, Jnj, Fb, Mu). I just need to figure out the best way to get notified when that happens so I can jump in.
Learning to do options is on my to do list.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
I personally doubt that quantitative easing can solve this problem. There is a huge unknown, will supply chains be disrupted for a significant amount of time and how much impact/people will be affected by the CV.

if people can’t or won’t spend, then QE isn’t going to do anything.

My gut feeling is that there will be ups and downs but we are headed for a prolonged severe down cycle over the next year or two.

RadicalShift

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jul 26, 2019
I personally doubt that quantitative easing can solve this problem.

Considering that the Fed has been pumping hundreds of billions in liquidity into the markets (and not calling it QE) for the past several months, yeah, QE ain't solving ANYTHING.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Just as predicted..

"No need for panic, we have our one infected person isolated. There is low risk." - NYC govt. 2 days ago

That was Pure Utter Bullshit as called out.

As soon as Super Tuesday news fades away in 24 hours, and news of New York City (one of the densest in the world) virus spreading and once NYC is forced to shut down schools...

The stock market is going to take another BEATING.

Bitcoin still going accordingly to plan as well with prediction posted on the Crypto thread.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
It's all fun and games until it's in your backyard. Then you realize just how serious it is, and the fear kicking in. Big money based in NYC will FEEL the sentiment and not just try to identify it from the outside.

We are still a week or two out from Max Fear level imo, and this is where I will be coming in extremely aggressively.

Note: Keep a close eye on Friday's close.

Note2: If NYC was smart, they'd shut down Taxi's and schools are a PREVENTATIVE measure. However, most likely scenario, they do it AFTER the spread gains some traction as a REACTION (aka being a step too late).

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Robinhood app had major outage today... This lets me know that this bounce is FULL of WEAK HANDS (the type of investors that use Robinhood are not the type of investors that accumulate creating support).

For some reasons, mentioning Robinhood reminds me of the regular popcorn show on r/wallstreetbets, as the folks do their worst to game the app, uncover glitches and make outrageous bets...

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Another blood bath for Stock markets tomorrow.

News will get WORSE (not bad.. WORSE) over the weekend. Depending on that; will determine how Monday opens and likely closes.

Last edited:

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

This was posted Monday afternoon many hours before close.

There is no floor... a pattern that indicates a bounce is in WEAK HANDS and the big boys aren't in yet is a gigantic Bear Flag at the bottom of a dump candle. This is what I would be watching for over the incoming next week. Once someone drops a stone inside that glass house shaped as a bear flag, things will fall apart.

Bitcoin and Gold actual rose in value (although I do suspect a pullback) but I was wrong there this week.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
In my opinion, bottom is somewhere below the 18K. I did not expect an oil war to start, but things will get really bad. Italy, China, and now the USA is showing big problems. No one is spending money, no one is going out, so sale revenues are down, next quarter coming up will reflect that, I think by April the market will start to dip below the 20K.

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 11.44.09 am.png

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
So what's the sentiment now? Crypto (ETC and BTC) seem to have made a small pump.

RadicalShift

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jul 26, 2019
So what's the sentiment now? Crypto (ETC and BTC) seem to have made a small pump.

I believe we still have a ways to go down. There are just too many factors working against the markets right now. Between uncertainty with virus, an oil war, billionaire Tom Barack saying commercial mortgages are on the brink of collapse, copious amounts of "QE NOT QE" being injected into the market, a SURGING US dollar, and a global economy that is running on one cylinder right now, it's virtually impossible to call a bottom from here.

If you own physical Gold (and/or Silver for that matter), I would continue accumulating. But physical is being snapped up faster than you can imagine right now. Smart people have been loading up for the past 6 months.

So to see a crash in the PAPER metals markets was complete Bull$hit with physical in such high demand. Most metals dealers have low or NO inventory right now.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
There are many small public companies which in you can buy pennies on the dollar for their future cashflow and earnings, provided if they survive. It reminds me of citibank stock trading at one dollar in the 2007 financial crisis.

You risk 100 percent of capital for a 10x return in the future. With the Fed explicitly stating that they are buying corporate bonds. I think it is worth the bet now.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
There are many small public companies which in you can buy pennies on the dollar for their future cashflow and earnings, provided if they survive. It reminds me of citibank stock trading at one dollar in the 2007 financial crisis.

You risk 100 percent of capital for a 10x return in the future. With the Fed explicitly stating that they are buying corporate bonds. I think it is worth the bet now.
Which ones were you looking at?

I bought around $20k of Delta airlines. I know it's risky, but I think it will be a great short term investment.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Which ones were you looking at?

I bought around $20k of Delta airlines. I know it's risky, but I think it will be a great short term investment.
I am looking at Oil and gas MLP. They are trading at 4-5 times multiple of their annual cash distribution to their shareholders. The only major short term risk is that as oil demand collapse their pipeline business cannot generate enough revenue to service the corporate debt they are liable.

I think such opportunities applie for many companies in the worst hit industries.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
How? Why? Sorry, I've seen this discussed in several places, but it makes no sense to me. No one is flying. Flights have been cut down.

Is it on the strength of cheap oil? Counting on a bailout? What's the play here?

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
How? Why? Sorry, I've seen this discussed in several places, but it makes no sense to me. No one is flying. Flights have been cut down.

Is it on the strength of cheap oil? Counting on a bailout? What's the play here?
Pure blindsight on my part! If I'm right, I make $40-50k. If not, I lose $20k. But it's money I'm willing to lose. Mostly counting on a bailout which I think will happen, but Trump is planning on opening USA "back for business" very soon. We'll see what happens! But again, pure blindsight on my part.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I am looking at Oil and gas MLP. They are trading at 4-5 times multiple of their annual cash distribution to their shareholders. The only major short term risk is that as oil demand collapse their pipeline business cannot generate enough revenue to service the corporate debt they are liable.

I think such opportunities applie for many companies in the worst hit industries.
NYSE: PAA might be a good one.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Pure blindsight on my part! If I'm right, I make $40-50k. If not, I lose $20k. But it's money I'm willing to lose. Mostly counting on a bailout which I think will happen, but Trump is planning on opening USA "back for business" very soon. We'll see what happens! But again, pure blindsight on my part.

Cool. I appreciate a good hunch as much as the next guy. I had to ask because I keep seeing people liking airlines.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
MJ, things look a lil up right now, maybe due to talks of the stimulus package. You think this week it might be wise to buy into a Vanguard Total Stock Market Index fund?

MaxMax

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 22, 2020
Germany
In Germany Volkswagen hast closed their factories in Europe. Now also Mexico and Russia until April 12th. So other companies also closed their huge factories for 2 weeks. Some say we will have a big crash in the week from April 5th. I think we should wait a little bit before Easter then invest ?

D

Deleted78083

I think we should wait a little bit before Easter then invest ?

Correct, the market is bouncing, but it is an effect known as bear trap, or dead cat bouncing, as it will keep on falling after that. You can't possibly buy anything before the economy gets back on track. India is now in lockdown for 21 days. The last ones to enter lockdown will be the African countries. Count 3 months from lockdown day 1. That should more or less give us an indication of when this whole thing will be over.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.