The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Ultimate Money Mindset
bit.ly links.

http://bit.ly/ummaudio
(Instant streaming play now)

http://bit.ly/ummaudiozip
(Download for later listening)

http://bit.ly/ummaudiochapterszip
(Download in individual chapters for easy revision)

http://bit.ly/ummbook
(The PDF)

Have you read or listened to Ultimate Money Mindset? If you have and you found it useful please consider returning to this thread to post your feedback. It bumps it back up to the top do others can see it and more people are helped.

Just because something is 100% free doesn't mean it has no (or little) value. This is one of those ultra rare times when value is abundant in something that 100% free with no strings attached. Returning to post feedback helps others.

Hey Bill!

It's been about a year and a half since listening to your book the first time, and would love to give it a re-listen.

...But these links are dead!

Could you update them again?

Cheers :)

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
They seem to work for me. Check again. Could be just a glitch at Amazon.

I just checked the bitly link data and loads of people are downloading the book and audio but I'm not getting any feedback which is a bit sad. Can anyone who's read or listened to it please come back to this thread and offer some feedback so others can know if it's worth their time?

It's all too easy to grab something for free and then forget about it thinking that "if it costs nothing it must be worth nothing". This is often the case but in my case I'm giving away the whole box and dice only on this forum. The only currency I ask in return is feedback so I can know that I'm doing some good or that you think I'm full of **it.

Come on guys, you can do better. If you've downloaded, read or listened to my book at least post back here to bump this thread so that others can benefit. Don't be shy. This may be one of the best value free things on the net in this category. Let others know, let me know. Let's keep bumping this thread with real feedback.

Thanks to those who have offered feedback.

LucasLim

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 31, 2018
Hey Bill, thanks for sharing your inspiring story & sharing your book!

For Free?! What? Are you running a charity or something?

Just kidding, I've just downloaded it, will read it and give you feedback :) Promise.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Musashi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 27, 2017
The World
Hi Bill,

Finally I've read your book - and I think it's awesome. Very well written, a unique concept and interesting ideas/viewpoints. Besides your 2X Method I really like the idea of a daily dose of excitement. I will try to incorporate that into my daily routine.

I have a question though: What is your take on saving the other half of the 2x? Am I correct that according to your philosophy - and in order to feel wealthy - it is important to spend these non-essential expenses? I am currently somewhere at 8x - and I save nearly every dime after my essential expenses. Probably I should loosen up a bit. :)

Thanks for sharing the book for free! +REP

Last edited:

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Hey Bi I believe I've already given feedback as soon as I got the free book. Let me thank you again as I read it whenever I get a bit stressed about money just to keep me grounded. It is a great read and you have given a great gift to the community here. Thanks Bill.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Finally I've read your book - and I think it's awesome. Very well written, a unique concept and interesting ideas/viewpoints.
Thanks! Glad you liked it and it's made an impact.

Besides your 2X Method I really like the idea of a daily dose of excitement. I will try to incorporate that into my daily routine.
Don't forget; Tim Ferris said "excitement is the key" I added a small daily does of Excitement OR Satisfaction is the key to a great life starting today. But later (not in the book) I also added a third "shot-glass" dose to the theory and that's a daily dose of something Interesting/Fascinating. You only need one of these aspects in a small amount to have had a great day.

I have a question though: What is your take on saving the other half of the 2x? Am I correct that according to your philosophy - and in order to feel wealthy - it is important to spend these non-essential expenses?
Absolutely not. There's no need to spend anything after you've met your essential expenses. The key to feeling financially free is to be able to spend up to double your essential expenses on fun and luxury then you save what's left over (either your second "X" or anything above "2X") you save in the bank to build up a buffer and ultimately a bank so the interest on that bank will meet your 2X. I call that "Ultimate Wealth".

So no, don't feel the need to spend anything on fun or luxury every week. Just being able to do will make you feel free enough. Good question!

I am currently somewhere at 8x - and I save nearly every dime after my essential expenses.

Wow! 8X is massive. Super cool and well done. So, to be clear; you can spend up to the same amount as your essential expenses on having a a bit of fun or enjoying some luxury (going to the beach for an ice cream might be enough luxury for you - it's totally up to you) because we all need that small release and to deny is like trying to hold back a damn of water. But you bank the last 6X and never touch it. If you want to save for something to spend in the short term you do it via your second "X" (your right pocket). Anything that goes into the bank stays in the bank forever except for the two things which I jokingly suggest could be "kidnapping ransom or health emergencies".

Thanks for your feedback and questions. I can guarantee that your questions and my answers have helped someone else as well and your feedback has helped me know I'm hitting the mark.

Last edited:

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Hey Bi I believe I've already given feedback as soon as I got the free book. Let me thank you again as I read it whenever I get a bit stressed about money just to keep me grounded. It is a great read and you have given a great gift to the community here. Thanks Bill.

Thanks Tommo! This is the greatest compliment an author could receive. I appreciate your comment and it makes me smile that you're using my book to keep your grounded and to stress a little less.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Thanks Tommo! This is the greatest compliment an author could receive. I appreciate your comment and it makes me smile that you're using my book to keep your grounded and to stress a little less.
You and MJ have the knack of clarity in your writing. Thanks.

Lenin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 4, 2018
I've read the book and it's a great read.
I've never got around to thank you for writing it and giving it away for free.

I'm not at the right time in my live to benefit from the whole book - that's why I will pick it up later on.
It gave me a direction to move towards though.

One question I had in the back of my head during the read:

I'm really lucky - I don't really have any monthly expenses.
I'm 19 and am still living with my parents. I don't make enough money to pay a share of the rent or food (yet).
So basically my essential living costs are 0€, and my "passion" costs are not that high either.
If I were to do the math I would be financially free whith earning 100€ a month - isn't that great? haha

Do you have any ideas on how to calculate a future X that will occor, but you don't know how big it is going to be?
Aka how do I calculate an X that takes my growth in live (having a place to live, getting kids, buying a car) into consideration?

The first answer I gave to myself is to get out and live to find out that number and than adjust your 2X plan so it suits your new life.

EDIT: How rude, I hijacked the thread without commenting on the first post! That story was really interesting and funny to read, thank you for sharing.
One can see that you enjoy writing :)
~ Ika
I can not download the PDF, the link takes me to the google page, could you please contact me: costosdrywall@hotmail.com
thousand thanks in advance

Lenin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 4, 2018
Another great question Ika! Thank you and you're welcome.

Yes, there is a problem with young folk still living at home with zero essential expenses because (generally) you haven't experienced financial pain yet. The rest of us want to get rid of financial pain and stress. The best advice I can give a young person in your position is to start and live your entire adult life obeying the 2X Method. When you move into your own apartment calculate your essential expenses and don;t do it unless you're earning at least twice that amount. That'll make you one smart cookie able to enjoy all the good things young people enjoy but you'll be doing it from the strength of financial clarity and intelligence.

In the book I write about the Three Pocket system for managing money. Use that and you'll always have money for the bills (lol - no pun intended), plus you'll have enough for some fun and luxury and if you make more than you need you'll be banking it and building your own lifetime supply of cash. Very few young people know this - you now do. You have an edge. They should teach this stuff in schools (I'm often told) and then perhaps our youth would have a better run of it. You're a lucky guy. Please try to explain this to your friends. All you need is a napkin and the formula 2X=F/(H+P) and to explain it. I can't do this all by myself; you'll have to "do" your friends for me. ;-)

Edit added:
If you're not sure what your 2X will be just aim for $1,000 a week for X. In over 1,000 mindset sessions I've had in many countries nearly everyone has agreed that $1,000 a week should be more than enough to run an average household. If it's not then maybe $1,000 per adult per week will work just as well. The exceptions are people living in NYC, Sydney, Hong Kong...etc but when I ask "is $2,000 a week enough" most say yes. But regardless, whatever your essentials are that's your X. Double it and you have your first aim/goal. Your X will vary depending on what sort of essentials you build into your life which is why this formula works so well because the variable X can always be used to see where you are on your "wealth line".
Greetings from Lima, Peru, I am a follow you and I am learning with your messages, I have a business underway and I would like very much to learn from your process that you have in your book.
I can not download the PDF of the book, the link takes me to the google page, could you please send it to my email: costosdrywall@hotmail.com
thousand thanks in advance.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Greetings from Lima, Peru, I am a follow you and I am learning with your messages, I have a business underway and I would like very much to learn from your process that you have in your book.
I can not download the PDF of the book, the link takes me to the google page, could you please send it to my email: costosdrywall@hotmail.com
I've posted new links above. Read the whole thread and you'll not only find the new links but I hope a whole lot more information that you should find helpful and interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

My original post is too old for me to edit now which is why I posted new links a few posts ago.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Thank you very much!
;)
I can not download the PDF, the link takes me to the google page,...
thousand thanks in advance

...I can not download the PDF of the book, the link takes me to the google page, could you please send it to my email...

yeah - the link goes to google.com :/

The links just go to Google?

You'll all find the current working links here --> (page 6, post 144)

Last edited:

Marcel1986

On a trip in the fastlane....
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 8, 2009
World citizen living in Spain / Germany
Thank you! Had your book on my laptop for about a year and now read it within 3 days.
Basically I'm already living the 2X method since I'm 16 (without calling it 2X) of course.
Nevertheless your book gave me some great new ideas and perspectives. It also convinces me that I'm on the right track!
Your writing style is very nice and will keep this book to read it again whenever I feel financially stressed. Will also share the message of course!
So thanks once again, Bill! And have a great new year

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Thank you! Had your book on my laptop for about a year and now read it within 3 days. Basically I'm already living the 2X method since I'm 16 (without calling it 2X) of course. Nevertheless your book gave me some great new ideas and perspectives. It also convinces me that I'm on the right track!

Your writing style is very nice and will keep this book to read it again whenever I feel financially stressed. Will also share the message of course!

So thanks once again, Bill! And have a great new year
Thanks Marcel and good to hear. You're proof that we can be both young and seekers of wisdom.

One year!...wow. I'm glad you eventually got around to it. It's a little gem that being free (on here) can trick some people into thinking it has little value. I've done this on purpose to disprove the rule that "if something seems too good to be true - it is". It amuses me to break that rule and I think this forum is the probably the greatest place online to do it. Sometimes it's not that something is too good to be true; it's that we have to raise our standards of what we believe to be "too good". Plenty of "unbelievable" things are true.

...Will also share the message of course!
Awesome but please only do it personally 1 on 1 in conversation. Don't be tempted to just share the actual link to my book. Instead, share the link back to this thread so people have to come into this place to discover both this forum and my book.

Marcel1986

On a trip in the fastlane....
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 8, 2009
World citizen living in Spain / Germany
Thanks Marcel and good to hear. You're proof that we can be both young and seekers of wisdom.

Awesome but please only do it personally 1 on 1 in conversation. Don't be tempted to just share the actual link to my book. Instead, share the link back to this thread so people have to come into this place to discover both this forum and my book.

No, I won't share the link to the book.
I meant as you said in personal 1-1 conversations with people

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I recently heard of someone being stuck for conversation on a first date and they thought of my formula so they wrote it on the back of a napkin (I think he had to ask for a pen from the waiter). It lead to a fascinated date who was really into my formula too (thereby cementing a common interest) and I think they've gone on to become a couple (haven't checked in a while). So sharing it is easy and can lead to some pretty interesting conversations - next time any of you are stuck for conversation you can lead with "I saw a really interesting thing the other day - a simple formula for wealth...".

I've shared it with young people, some get it some don't. I think it needs for the listener to understand financial pain first but worth a try. I think this could be a simple lecture and should be delivered to all young adults as a guide on how to live within your means using a simple formula as well as a long term goal to solidify a path into and out of a business. "Build and work hard at your business until you can exit for an amount that will give you instant, safe and forever financial freedom". Once they have a number in their minds they can work backwards to where they are now and project what they have to do to exit safely.

Now that's a bump ;)

G

Guest61362

Hey Bill,

Thank you very much for taking your time and creating both PDF and audio plus following up to make sure all download links work so we can get them anytime.

I'm in a process of finding a vehicle for business and the problem in front of me was - what do I do with the little income I currently have. Personal finance. The very first step and a question a lot of people have- where do I start?
Where am I heading? And- maybe I'm already there?

- How to save up without losing time living in frugality?
- Should I be guilty buying something if I can't afford it 10 times?
- Should I not have any fun and save 70% or have some balance with relationships?
- What will I do when business is ok and there is more income?
- Should I reward myself with things when extra cash comes? How many things?
- How to evaluate if your obligations (perceived lifestyle) is too much..
- etc

I was already familiar with 50/30/20 budget ratio but could not really see what does one save those 20% for.

Your 2X formula made it much more clear and took me back to the present moment daily.

There is a reason to stack up the back pocket, you can even use the right pocket this month (or week) if you fancy so- saving is also fun!
There is also a time when you can empty your right pocket for a week because left and back pockets are left alone and you just wait a bit to fill them all up.

By the way, love your obsessions, like the ones with flipping a bird on office building while driving by and 365-days-off number plate due to overtime.
It seems over the top at first but honestly I'd love to do it as well!

Listened to and read your book about two months ago, made some changes in personal finance and decided to wait a bit before commenting- just to see how it goes.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Hey Bill,

Thank you very much for taking your time and creating both PDF and audio plus following up to make sure all download links work so we can get them anytime.

Your 2X formula made it much more clear and took me back to the present moment daily.

There is a reason to stack up the back pocket, you can even use the right pocket this month (or week) if you fancy so- saving is also fun!
There is also a time when you can empty your right pocket for a week because left and back pockets are left alone and you just wait a bit to fill them all up.
Thanks for your feedback - truly appreciated. To know even one person has read my book and got something out of it is a profound privilege.

The beauty of the "right pocket" is it's allocated specifically as a maximum budget for fun and luxury. Readers seem to love the boundry that gives them. They can spend up to "this much" and no more and often "this much" is plenty to have loads of fun with a touch of luxury sprinkled on for good measure. Previously, spending anything on yourself often came with guilt attached because you should have been doing something more responsible with your money. Using my 3 pocket method everything is allowed for in balanced and reasonable amounts.

Don't forget that (as you pointed out) that saving money is in itself a buzz for many people. You can save up any unused "right pocket 2nd X" funds into a separate account and accumulate to buy or do something bigger. Some report that just having it there to spend is a relief in itself because they know it's there, they know it's purpose and they know if they can or whether not to spend it.

It's bloody brilliant...lol

and now...a car. 2016_buick_avista_concept_1_2560x1440-lo-def.jpg

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
Links are not working for me!

Read through the 6 pages of this thread and you will find the working link.

@V8Bill did you purposely left the OP with defunct link so that users can do some search and find it (despite you saying multiple times)

or

am I just over thinking this stuff?

Icecreamchild

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Nov 13, 2019
Read through the 6 pages of this thread and you will find the working link.

I'm not talking about the link in OP.
I'm talking about this:
Ultimate Money Mindset
bit.ly links.

http://bit.ly/ummaudio
(Instant streaming play now)

http://bit.ly/ummaudiozip
(Download for later listening)

http://bit.ly/ummaudiochapterszip
(Download in individual chapters for easy revision)

http://bit.ly/ummbook
(The PDF)

Have you read or listened to Ultimate Money Mindset? If you have and you found it useful please consider returning to this thread to post your feedback. It bumps it back up to the top do others can see it and more people are helped.

Just because something is 100% free doesn't mean it has no (or little) value. This is one of those ultra rare times when value is abundant in something that 100% free with no strings attached. Returning to post feedback helps others.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
I see that.

I searched in Google too but couldn't find it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This post was great. Thank you for sharing.

AlexandreGoulart

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Nov 18, 2019
Brazil
Oh my, it made me so curious and now I cannot find a link that works!
Hope the author could upload it again.
Anyway, thanks for the inspiring initial text.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.