The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I sold my app for $65,000. I learned to code last May.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Good luck to you! Python is super useful for AI stuffs, that's a good investment of time imo
Yesterday I was having a chat with a software engineer in my neighborhood. He told me that since I'm starting at the very beginning, I should start learning javascript and become a MEVN stack web developer. He appreciated my interest in AI but he said if I were looking to make money with just AI, I'd have to work for a company that needs it and that I was shooting in the dark. He also has a few projects which he's doing in javascript and typescript so if I learn the MEVN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Vue.js, Node.js). He said if I couls learn the MEVN stack, he has a couple of projects that he can give them to me and I can even work in his home office.

This might be the fastest way for me to start learning code and make money with it. I'm not abandoning python, its just that when I learn to build AI models but I don't know how to deploy them, is this where I'm inclined to learn MEVN stack first, get my hands dirty, and then go for building AI models.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Yesterday I was having a chat with a software engineer in my neighborhood. He told me that since I'm starting at the very beginning, I should start learning javascript and become a MEVN stack web developer. He appreciated my interest in AI but he said if I were looking to make money with just AI, I'd have to work for a company that needs it and that I was shooting in the dark. He also has a few projects which he's doing in javascript and typescript so if I learn the MEVN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Vue.js, Node.js). He said if I couls learn the MEVN stack, he has a couple of projects that he can give them to me and I can even work in his home office.

This might be the fastest way for me to start learning code and make money with it. I'm not abandoning python, its just that when I learn to build AI models but I don't know how to deploy them, is this where I'm inclined to learn MEVN stack first, get my hands dirty, and then go for building AI models.
I'd skip Vue.js, but if it "guarantees" you some income go for it.

Artiom O

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Oct 10, 2021
Congrats on the success.

I've been learning Web Development for more than a year. Always wanted to create a website or an app that could solve a problem for the market, but I've chosen to go on the freelancer route.

Your progress is very inspirational. I hope I'll get there one day too.

Keep it up!

D

Deleted115974

Heya!

The title is kinda self-explanatory
In addition to this, I made more than $15,000 profit with the app, so I have $80,000, enough to be safe for a few years where I live.

I started shipping tons of apps in September (7 from October to December), most of them were crap but it allowed me to learn a lot.
Then at some point, one of them took off. I didn't have the skills/motivation to improve it further so I decided to sell it.

$80k isn't much but I'm pretty sure it's going to shrink if I keep it in cash. For those who sold companies, apps or others, what would be the best way to "store" it? (I don't want to touch cryptos)

For people interested in the process, I documented everything in the Fastlane forum. From my eCommerce failures, to how I learned to code, everything is in here, I'll include some links below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Here are some posts talking about the process starting from 2020 to today:
Then I came across a post here, from someone with a huge success story after he learned to code. I can't remember the post, but while reading it, I knew I had to learn to code.
There are more, all findable using the search function
Wowzee congrats! I had also been a making a app which is plainly related to using APIs and normal logics, however I feel every person can have a lot of benefit if they use it. I am a freshman but have worked as a ML Engineer for few months (only implementing AI models). I was thinking to put my app out for free on the web, and pay myself whatever money it takes to host the stuff and apis for a month or so (it'll be very cheap) and then l'd just make it paid, in this way I'll already gain a lot of attraction. Is this a good idea? or should I begin with a plan atfirst?

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Wowzee congrats! I had also been a making a app which is plainly related to using APIs and normal logics, however I feel every person can have a lot of benefit if they use it. I am a freshman but have worked as a ML Engineer for few months (only implementing AI models). I was thinking to put my app out for free on the web, and pay myself whatever money it takes to host the stuff and apis for a month or so (it'll be very cheap) and then l'd just make it paid, in this way I'll already gain a lot of attraction. Is this a good idea? or should I begin with a plan atfirst?
I can't say if it's a good idea or not, only the market can. Try and see Don't spend too much time planning, things never happens as planned

D

Deleted115974

I can't say if it's a good idea or not, only the market can. Try and see Don't spend too much time planning, things never happens as planned
Thanksss . Already sent my extension for review on chrome store and edge store, any ideas how I can market/get customers?

The Janitor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 31, 2023
Estonia
Been following your progress, really impressive stuff. I won't be inferior to you though.

Trephy

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 15, 2023
As a dev myself I absolutely loved this post.
A lot of motivation and inspiration!

Just have one question. How did you generate the images using the dataset?

lionessa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2023
j
Heya!

The title is kinda self-explanatory
In addition to this, I made more than $15,000 profit with the app, so I have $80,000, enough to be safe for a few years where I live.

I started shipping tons of apps in September (7 from October to December), most of them were crap but it allowed me to learn a lot.
Then at some point, one of them took off. I didn't have the skills/motivation to improve it further so I decided to sell it.

$80k isn't much but I'm pretty sure it's going to shrink if I keep it in cash. For those who sold companies, apps or others, what would be the best way to "store" it? (I don't want to touch cryptos)

For people interested in the process, I documented everything in the Fastlane forum. From my eCommerce failures, to how I learned to code, everything is in here, I'll include some links below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Here are some posts talking about the process starting from 2020 to today:
Then I came across a post here, from someone with a huge success story after he learned to code. I can't remember the post, but while reading it, I knew I had to learn to code.
There are more, all findable using the search function
Hi Jeannen, congratulations!
I am new here and wanted to ask you about your apps. I made a LOT of apps for holistic health. They find natural remedies, like homeopathy, herbs and supplements. I would love to sell at least one, but they don't bring any money yet...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.