The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I got my 1st lambo for "free" (to me)

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Feb 15, 2019
I had a fun story I thought I'd share on how I got my first lambo for free, well sort of. I invest in real estate and one strategy I love to do is sell houses owner financed. Why? Because I get the monthly cash flow that a rental provides (usually more) and I don't have to deal with maintenance or tenant problems. I'm simply the bank.

About a year back, I was cold-calling looking for off-market houses to buy and found this older guy that wanted to sell his portfolio. He had a portfolio of 22 mobile homes. (these were not in a mobile home park. They had their own parcels of land and were scattered around town). He wanted 600k for the portfolio. A mix of about 9 double wides, and 13 single wides. I knew it was a great deal.

Only problem.... Well, I didn't have 600k. So I called up this guy that had partnered with me before, Jim, long story short he said he would do the deal. Only one more problem.... I didn't really want to do the work that was involved. All 22 houses were tenant occupied, needed to get them out/owner finance to them, clean the houses up a little bit, transfer management over to our company etc. So I called up this guy that was a mentor of mine, Travis, and who taught me how to owner finance houses. He agreed to get in the deal.

We agreed to buy the portfolio. Travis, Jim, and I would all be 1/3rd owners. Jim puts up the money, Travis does all of the work, and I get 1/3rd because I happened to find the deal and get the contract signed. Easy enough. We close, sell all of the homes owner financed. We created over 1.8m worth of notes. For those that don't know:
A note is what the bank holds when you buy a property using a traditional loan. The note says Joe blow agrees to pay $1,000/mo for 30 years and after that time his property is paid off.

These notes were producing around 15k/mo in net cash flow to us. Then one day, I was at a real estate exchange meeting. For those that don't know: a lot of really savvy real estate guys will get together and trade properties, cash, notes, cars, etc in exchange for someone else property, note, car, etc. There's many benefits to this but I won't get into them here. A guy I know, Philip, stands up at this meeting and says he has a lamborghini he wants to sell or trade. He took it as a down payment when he sold a house owner financed and didn't want it.

I offered to trade him one of our mobile home notes that paid 1k/mo in exchange for the car. He took my offer. I go back to Jim and Travis, tell them about the deal, and they agreed to do it, under one condition, the 1k/mo that I'm trading would come out of my monthly split. Done.

So I give the note to Philip and Philip gives me the sexy Gallardo. Mind you, I have no money in that note. I now have a free and clear lambo that I traded a mobile home for (that we paid 27k for..... LOL). My only cost was I no longer collect that 1k/mo that the tenant was paying me. Philip collects that. I've attached a picture of the car below so you guys can check her out.

IMG_4613.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I had a fun story I thought I'd share on how I got my first lambo for free, well sort of. I invest in real estate and one strategy I love to do is sell houses owner financed. Why? Because I get the monthly cash flow that a rental provides (usually more) and I don't have to deal with maintenance or tenant problems. I'm simply the bank.

About a year back, I was cold-calling looking for off-market houses to buy and found this older guy that wanted to sell his portfolio. He had a portfolio of 22 mobile homes. (these were not in a mobile home park. They had their own parcels of land and were scattered around town). He wanted 600k for the portfolio. A mix of about 9 double wides, and 13 single wides. I knew it was a great deal.

Only problem.... Well, I didn't have 600k. So I called up this guy that had partnered with me before, Jim, long story short he said he would do the deal. Only one more problem.... I didn't really want to do the work that was involved. All 22 houses were tenant occupied, needed to get them out/owner finance to them, clean the houses up a little bit, transfer management over to our company etc. So I called up this guy that was a mentor of mine, Travis, and who taught me how to owner finance houses. He agreed to get in the deal.

We agreed to buy the portfolio. Travis, Jim, and I would all be 1/3rd owners. Jim puts up the money, Travis does all of the work, and I get 1/3rd because I happened to find the deal and get the contract signed. Easy enough. We close, sell all of the homes owner financed. We created over 1.8m worth of notes. For those that don't know:
A note is what the bank holds when you buy a property using a traditional loan. The note says Joe blow agrees to pay $1,000/mo for 30 years and after that time his property is paid off.

These notes were producing around 15k/mo in net cash flow to us. Then one day, I was at a real estate exchange meeting. For those that don't know: a lot of really savvy real estate guys will get together and trade properties, cash, notes, cars, etc in exchange for someone else property, note, car, etc. There's many benefits to this but I won't get into them here. A guy I know, Philip, stands up at this meeting and says he has a lamborghini he wants to sell or trade. He took it as a down payment when he sold a house owner financed and didn't want it.

I offered to trade him one of our mobile home notes that paid 1k/mo in exchange for the car. He took my offer. I go back to Jim and Travis, tell them about the deal, and they agreed to do it, under one condition, the 1k/mo that I'm trading would come out of my monthly split. Done.

So I give the note to Philip and Philip gives me the sexy Gallardo. Mind you, I have no money in that note. I now have a free and clear lambo that I traded a mobile home for (that we paid 27k for..... LOL). My only cost was I no longer collect that 1k/mo that the tenant was paying me. Philip collects that. I've attached a picture of the car below so you guys can check her out.

View attachment 52079

Interesting. Sounds like you got a decent deal as a 10 year old Gallardo is worth about $90K -- the present value of that has a hold period of at least 9 years.

Thanks for sharing!

1698244124915.png

Goodfella999

My biggest regret is not starting sooner
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 29, 2022
South FL
Interesting. Sounds like you got a decent deal as a 10 year old Gallardo is worth about $90K -- the present value of that has a hold period of at least 9 years.

Thanks for sharing!

View attachment 52081
I just did this math also before seeing this, hell of a deal he got on the lambo.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.