The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So what is everybody reading right now???

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
I just finished MJ's book and now it's time to move on to something else. I just started reading Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt.

Next on the list:
The Failure of New Economics - Hazlitt
The Theory of Money and Credit - Mises
The Little Book of Bull Moves - Peter Schiff

I feel like I keep choosing books that sort of reflect my own beliefs, so I'd like to at least hear some of the better arguments for the other school of thought...What is everyone else out there reading?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stefan Em

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 4, 2011
Switzerland
I feel like I keep choosing books that sort of reflect my own beliefs

Think about that: Books can expand your beliefs. Beliefs can not be held rigid, they are wired to be flexible, constantly changing and adapting on reality.

They expand your world view, they expand and change how you see the world around you.

I'm currently reading the following books:

Non-Fiction / Self-Help:
  • The Happiness Advantage - Shawn Achor
  • Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
  • Rereading: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen R. Covey (I read it 3 years ago)

Started some months ago but never finished:

• Focusing - Eugene T. Gendlin
  • The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
  • The 4 Hour Body -Timothy Ferriss
  • The Sex God Method - Daniel Rose
  • The Game - Neil Strauss
  • How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Monthgs! - John Locke

Next books on my Kindle:
  • Eight Pillars of Prosperity -James Allen
  • Outliers: The Story of Success - Malcom Gladwell

Novels I want to finish reading:
  • Animal Farm - George Orwell
  • The importance of bein Earnest - Oscar Wilde
  • How to tell a Story and Other Essays - Mark Twain

Stefan

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
Started some months ago but never finished:
Focusing - Eugene T. Gendlin

Lol...pretty funny that you haven't finished it. I'm curious as to why, the reviews look pretty good for it.

Thanks for the list! I've read a few on there, but will also add a few to my list.

Stefan Em

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 4, 2011
Switzerland
Lol...pretty funny that you haven't finished it. I'm curious as to why, the reviews look pretty good for it.

As to be honest, it really messed me up emotionally. The author invites you to really dive in into your feelings. I tried to do the exercises but got VERY DEPRESSED, I think I should just have pushed through those feelings.

I think I'm not quite ready to face those emotions yet. It's really scarry sometimes to do such things. It made me anxious.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
Iv today read The Miracle of Self-discipline The No-Excuses Way to Getting Things Done
And today im reading David Allen - Getting Things Done :)
Recently iv readed The Dream - Gurbaksh Chahal

Mr.Marnier

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 3, 2011
I've just finished reading "How to Read a Book" by Mortimer Adler, I figured I needed to ensure I am actually able to make use of all this time invested in reading books, after reading this book, I am not sure I have really "read" any books before!

Not an easy read by any means, and fairly useless if no action is taken to apply the techniques afterwards, but then I guess that message fits in quite easily to this forums message, and to life in general!

I am just about to begin reading "The History of The Peloponnesian War" by Thucydides.

Stefan Em

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 4, 2011
Switzerland
I've just finished reading "How to Read a Book" by Mortimer Adler

hmm souds like an interesting approach: I mean, you literally spend hundreds of hours reading, without ever having read about how to read :D

gonna give it a try

Mr.Marnier

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 3, 2011
hmm souds like an interesting approach: I mean, you literally spend hundreds of hours reading, without ever having read about how to read :D

gonna give it a try

I would recommend it! we all know how important reading is and I have read several books, or so I thought, the difference between passive reading and active reading is vast, the book encourages you to challenge yourself by reading books above your level of intelligence in the hopes that by actually studying them (observing the structure of the book, the important arguments the author makes, if you agree and why etc...) that you might actually be able to get a lot of value out of it, rather than simply going cover to cover and saying "done!" and off it goes to the ebay / amazon pile.

There are plenty of books I have read that I bet a good 90% + of the info has eroded over time, this book laid out for me why that was happening.

speedyexe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jun 23, 2011
Gdynia, Poland
I think the best way is just write down or remember the best advices form the book, not every book have great many advices, from books im reading now iv just know that i must be more focus on my goal and more discipline to win :) hard work and my mobile alarm set on "Daniel learn 3dsmax" on everyday :> and quit with distractions like facebook,youtube,mp3 or winamp music, mobile texting and other, just focus,

SKM430

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 22, 2010
currently reading: The Fundamentals of Hedge Fund Management by Daniel Strachman

PAKoch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jun 7, 2011
Books that I have read recently

Here are a few books that I have read recently:

The Big Idea
Escape From Corporate America
South
The Long Walk
Choke
Primal Body Primal Mind (currently reading this one)

Next on the list is:

Founders at Work
Beginning PHP 5.3

And I need to find a book on Insomnia; I seem to be having a problem with that lately.

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
If that's the title of the book, then it should have one-sentence content only: "GO BACK TO SCHOOL, IDIOTS!" .

I've just finished reading "How to Read a Book" by Mortimer Adler, I figured I needed to ensure I am actually able to make use of all this time invested in reading books, after reading this book, I am not sure I have really "read" any books before!

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
WRONG. Books cannot expand your beliefs. Actions and results can.

Think about that: Books can expand your beliefs. Beliefs can not be held rigid, they are wired to be flexible, constantly changing and adapting on reality.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I'm currently reading "The cure to procrastination" ... haven't finished it yet...

ba-dum-dum... I'll be here all week folks.

Actually reading 48 laws of power for the first time. Can't believe I haven't read it sooner. I love history.. and power... this puts both of them together so I'm happy :) About half way through. Usually get through 2-3 books a week but I've been lazy lately (or busy, one of the two)

After this I think I'm going to pick up the 4 hour body... Heard lots of controversial things about it so I'll put it on my to-do list. Since I'm a fitness and nutrition buff, I'm interested to see what Mr. Ferris has come up with!

D

DeletedUser394

Three good books:

1) The Speed of Implementation Magic
2) The Hidden Secret of Think and Grow Rich
3) Don't Think and Grow Rich

haha love it!

I've been reading less and doing more. I enjoy it.

You could read every book on the planet and never accomplish anything, or you could take 1 step (out of an infinite number) and get closer to your goals.

A combination of both works for me. (more doing, less reading, but still reading more than the average person.. the average person reads close to nothing)

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
What actions have you done besides reading books and surfing forums?

I'm currently reading "The cure to procrastination" ... haven't finished it yet...

ba-dum-dum... I'll be here all week folks.

Actually reading 48 laws of power for the first time. Can't believe I haven't read it sooner. I love history.. and power... this puts both of them together so I'm happy :) About half way through. Usually get through 2-3 books a week but I've been lazy lately (or busy, one of the two)

After this I think I'm going to pick up the 4 hour body... Heard lots of controversial things about it so I'll put it on my to-do list. Since I'm a fitness and nutrition buff, I'm interested to see what Mr. Ferris has come up with!

skyhigh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 28, 2009
I just finished reading "Who Owns the Ice House by Clifton Taulbert and Gary Schoeniger" It's a great book! It contains 8 lessons: Choice, Opportunity, Action, Knowledge, Wealth, Brand, Community and Persistence!

"The secret to identifying opportunities simply lies in our ability to be observant, to pay attention to what people need, and to find solutions. This idea is the essence of an entrepreneurial mindset. Find a problem, and then find a solution. If you can find more people who have the same problem, you can empower yourself"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.