The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I start a side hustle or CENTS business?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

TK21

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Feb 9, 2022
I finished reading TMF and Unscripted not long ago and I opened a thread of my process. I have a business idea about building software as a service or kind of an app to help students study better (I'm an economics student myself). I don't know how the service should help students but I believe that I can build something great after getting feedback and after several prototypes.

However, that's going to take me a long time to do so. I don't have enough resources. I have no code skills at all and no cash at all (to fund marketing, build prototypes, get feedback and do some tests). I'm at 30K debt, living with my fiance (we're getting married in 2 months from now) and we're both fighting to cover the living expenses, month to month.

I am currently an economics student and study data analytics skills in a frontal course (SQL, Phyton, Power BI Excel). After 3 years of failure as an affiliate marketer, I was thinking about starting to become a freelancer as a data analyst (on Upwork and also finding clients on my own). Then, I read the books and put this idea aside.

Regardless of my business idea, my current goal is still to find a better job at the moment (Currently I work as a security guard for 2K$ monthly salary), where data analyst salary in my country is almost twice as much. But in addition to that, maybe it's a good idea to start freelancing to fight my debt and save some cash for building my Fastlane business soon? Also, I want to get experience in the data world and maybe it will open a road for me in this industry (finding needs, etc).

What should I do in your opinion? I would like to hear your opinions, fellas. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Are you actively searching for a data job ?
What's stopping you from getting it ?
For what I know they are in demand right now and as you said they have good pay.
The obvious answer to me is that you should find a good /decent job first as a foundation.

TK21

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Feb 9, 2022
Are you actively searching for a data job ?
What's stopping you from getting it ?
For what I know they are in demand right now and as you said they have good pay.
The obvious answer to me is that you should find a good /decent job first as a foundation.
Thanks for the reply man,
I am actively looking for a data job, in addition to my process regarding freelancing/building CENTS business.
My dilemma is between starting freelancing in this domain or starting building a business regardless of job thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.