The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Serving the "Instagram Marketer Rush"

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Logan Powell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 9, 2018
Banff, Alberta, Canada
Hey everyone.

I want to bounce some ideas off everyone and do some brainstorming. It seems like in 2019 everyone is starting to become an "Instagram Affiliate Marketer" and are rushing into the digital marketing scene to push tangible products or their services.

Now, I am trying to think if there is a way where instead of jumping into the gold rush, if there was a way that we can serve shovels instead.

My thoughts were:
  • Optimizing an Instagram Business Profile Business
  • Selling them a "toolbox" of software and resources to help them manage their page
  • Lead generation on top Instagram Marketers.
  • Brand connection manager, helping find products and relevant influencers.
Any other thoughts on how we can serve this upcoming trend?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Brand connection manager, helping find products and relevant influencers.

Of the ones you listed, this is the only thing that sounds valuable to me.

I have high dollar products. I want to connect with highly influential celebs with huge accounts. Doing what I can on my own, but if someone could competently do this for a fee, I'd consider it.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Of the ones you listed, this is the only thing that sounds valuable to me.

I have high dollar products. I want to connect with highly influential celebs with huge accounts. Doing what I can on my own, but if someone could competently do this for a fee, I'd consider it.

100% this. Creating the network of influencers is where the value is.

Spent a lot of time thinking about this recently because I actually have a friend who wants to hire me to help with her Insta. The only significant value that I could bring to her would be if I coordinated & arranged for brands & personalities to give her shout outs.

It doesn't necessarily make sense to build the network for only one client, but if you were to get the systems in place then you could be the go-to "connection manager" for individuals within a specific niche.

With that said... it's not anything new. There are agencies that specialize in this kind of thing so you would have to find a way to differentiate yourself.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Brand connection manager, helping find products and relevant influencers.
This but the real money would lie in a "PayPerPost" (now Izea) style network.

To make it work, you'd need:

A) offers influencers can't refuse (better payouts / content / brands)
B) a system with low enough barriers to entry to allow for noobie marketers

One of the few Instagram accounts I follow has a TON of brand affiliations - but she seems smart enough to not make them blatant promotions: Marine Lorphelin on Instagram: “ Rendez vous demain sur la page facebook de @biodermafrance à 12h30 pour un live avec une super dermatologue, Dr Isabelle Baratte ! Nous…”

But - as with 99.9% of opportunities you can "see" - this is the type of idea that's already been done 1000000 times. Izea are a public company, and have been trading for well over 15 years in various forms. I always used to get excited about new ideas like this, but what I quickly discovered is that the BIG money is already tied up with companies who executed decades before. If you're coming in to capitalize on a trend, you'll be working with the scraps. Maybe you'll make $100k... but it won't get you to millionaire level.

I'd skip and focus on creating a product which you can sell to a big market.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
It seems like in 2019 everyone is starting to become an "Instagram Affiliate Marketer"

I must have missed the notification. I thought that was last year or was it the year before? There have always been influences you could partner with and as for ads they were introduced in November 2016.

Why is this hot news now? The gold mine has been running for ages.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.