The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeing past alerts?

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
687%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I often pop into the forum when I have slivers of time to do reading, but I save writing replies until I can dedicate a longer chunk of time.

The problem with this has been that when I go to "show all" alerts, it cuts it off after a certain number of them. Missing alerts from my own threads isn't a big deal,l as I'll get around to seeing replies/questions eventually. But I end up missing tags and replies elsewhere because

Is there an option somewhere to see a longer list of alerts that go back further,r or is the limithard codedd?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I often pop into the forum when I have slivers of time to do reading, but I save writing replies until I can dedicate a longer chunk of time.

The problem with this has been that when I go to "show all" alerts, it cuts it off after a certain number of them. Missing alerts from my own threads isn't a big deal,l as I'll get around to seeing replies/questions eventually. But I end up missing tags and replies elsewhere because

Is there an option somewhere to see a longer list of alerts that go back further,r or is the limithard codedd?

I literally only ran into this problem once.

My guy, how many alerts do you get? No, I don't have alert envy. I don't know what you're talking about.

Jokes aside, maybe try turning off the alerts for likes on your posts, and that'll conserve the space for the stuff you really care about.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
No, I don't have alert envy.

Now you do:

1682057183165.png

While we are on this topic. @MJ DeMarco do you think there is any way to configure the forum to group alerts together?

So for example, instead of receiving 1 notification for every reaction to your posts, have them bundle together into a single one that says "x people have reacted to your post".

Not sure if your favorite software vendor XenForo offers this option.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@MJ DeMarco ... is it possible to increase the number of alerts we can see when we click Show All?

@NeoDialectic

Granted I'm a mod, but here's what I do.

I turn off notifications for Likes etc. You can always see them under Reactions.

I immediately Unwatch anything I reply to that isn't my own thread.

And I pop in and out trying to keep to inbox zero. I suppose over time I've had to get better at writing short replies, that don't encourage replies.

I don't get involved in big long debates.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Granted I'm a mod, but here's what I do.

I turn off notifications for Likes etc. You can always see them under Reactions.

I immediately Unwatch anything I reply to that isn't my own thread.

And I pop in and out trying to keep to inbox zero. I suppose over time I've had to get better at writing short replies, that don't encourage replies.

You can disable this setting from here, so you won't have to manually Unwatch the threads:

1682061179200.png

Another good strategy for reducing unwanted notifications and spam is to add the user @heavy_industry to your ignore list.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You can disable this setting from here, so you won't have to manually Unwatch the threads:

View attachment 48442

Another good strategy for reducing unwanted notifications and spam is to add the user @heavy_industry to your ignore list.
Oh wow. I did not know I could choose to not watch threads I reply to. That's a great time-saver!

I'm a mod so don't ignore anyone. You wouldn't be on my list anyway.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
687%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I literally only ran into this problem once.

My guy, how many alerts do you get? No, I don't have alert envy. I don't know what you're talking about.

Jokes aside, maybe try turning off the alerts for likes on your posts, and that'll conserve the space for the stuff you really care about.
Haha, I think it's less about how many alerts I get and more about how rarely I can really sit down and write.

Turning off likes may be a good option! On the other hand, it is motivating to see old posts get the occasional like. Reminds me that producing today can benefit people for months to come!

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Haha, I think it's less about how many alerts I get and more about how many days I get where I can sit down and really write.

Turning off likes may be a good option! On the other hand, it is motivating seeing old posts get the occasional like. Reminds me that producing today can benefit people for months to come!
You can click your profile picture then "Reactions received" to see what's getting Likes etc.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
#1 stop being so engaging and famous...

#2 turn them all off except for @ replies.

I can't imagine seeing a notification for everything. It'd be like... having notifications turned on on my phone. That's no life to live!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.