Hey all! I've been lurking a lot more and figured I'd re-introduce myself.
Title says it all. I neglected the business I started in 2013 because I found a steady contract with a fun, exciting tech startup. Awesome benefits, I worked from home, they flew us to other countries just to party (and do a little yearly goal setting).
... and then their business started hitting lots of speedbumps, and here we are.
I didn't neglect my business totally, though. In fact, I kinda ran it as a vanity business and ended up making some contacts with some HUGE players in the industry who are being crazy helpful when they heard the news. They've already given me an insane amount of help, even giving me assignments.
TL;DR -
Honestly, this feels like my "one last shot" to have an actual business. I guess this is my F*ck This Event.
Since I started working on this on Jan 2, I'm in the middle of a product re-release campaign which should earn $2,139 profit. Wouldn't be bad for my first month, but def has to get higher.
If this launch works out I'll:
-get back on the Inside so I can be more candid with what my business is and my actual numbers
-join a circuit design program to brush up my skills and get a little mentorship
-prep for a big tradeshow coming in July (would be great to have 6 products to demo)
What I can help with:
Electronics Design
Product Prototyping
Ecommerce optimization (but I'm trying to get better)
Wholesale / Sales Pitches
What I'm trying to improve: (mostly marketing related)
Instagram marketing
PPC marketing
Content generation
Ecommerce
Systematizing product launches
Title says it all. I neglected the business I started in 2013 because I found a steady contract with a fun, exciting tech startup. Awesome benefits, I worked from home, they flew us to other countries just to party (and do a little yearly goal setting).
... and then their business started hitting lots of speedbumps, and here we are.
I didn't neglect my business totally, though. In fact, I kinda ran it as a vanity business and ended up making some contacts with some HUGE players in the industry who are being crazy helpful when they heard the news. They've already given me an insane amount of help, even giving me assignments.
TL;DR -
- I had a small electronics manufacturing business
- I found an exciting tech job. Basically I was a consultant that would help ecommerce businesses increase leads/conversions/profit
- I didn't nurture my existing side-income and my steady $2k/mo dropped to $200/mo
- I got laid off in the past month
Honestly, this feels like my "one last shot" to have an actual business. I guess this is my F*ck This Event.
Since I started working on this on Jan 2, I'm in the middle of a product re-release campaign which should earn $2,139 profit. Wouldn't be bad for my first month, but def has to get higher.
If this launch works out I'll:
-get back on the Inside so I can be more candid with what my business is and my actual numbers
-join a circuit design program to brush up my skills and get a little mentorship
-prep for a big tradeshow coming in July (would be great to have 6 products to demo)
What I can help with:
Electronics Design
Product Prototyping
Ecommerce optimization (but I'm trying to get better)
Wholesale / Sales Pitches
What I'm trying to improve: (mostly marketing related)
Instagram marketing
PPC marketing
Content generation
Ecommerce
Systematizing product launches
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

