The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Apparently there are food riot videos coming out of China.

I'm sure that those are as real as the videos of people dropping dead of covid back in 2020.

Be careful what you believe.

Though, I bet that there will be food shortages so now is a good time to stock up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
The Big Lebowski

Anyone else old enough here to remember this movie?

Dude!

Some movies are good enough to watch a few times. Even decades later.

Name a movie you watched more than 3x times.
That's on the list. And so is.... Starship Troopers. That has to be one of my all time favorite movies. It's cheese, fun, over the top, and amazing action. I never get sick of that one. The combination of CGI from people who have a shit, and practical effects, make it still top notch to this day.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I could not be more proud of my wife!!! About 3 weeks ago she decided she wanted to start running. She has gone nearly every day.

There was even a race in town this morning that she signed up for, got a custom shirt with her name in, and killed it!!! It was 0.6km further than she has ever run before, and she knocked 1 minute of her per km time!!!!! Talk about amazing!!

I told her next year I am going to join her, as it's an annual event down here.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
The Big Lebowski

Dude!

Cool Hand Luke and It's a Wonderful Life.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
I like how you think.

Some of my life philosophies:
  1. Start how you mean to continue.
  2. I refuse to spend less time with my kids now so I can spend more time with them later.
  3. F*ck why. It only holds you back.
  4. Meh to motivation and accountability. Either do it or don’t do it.
Andy, You just wrote a whole book there, do you see it?
Wisdom for free,
Thank you

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The Big Lebowski

Dude!

I have several, but since the theme here has been masculine inspiring movies... mine is definitely...

A Knight's Tale.

"Can it be done father, can a man change his stars?"

"Yes William, if he believes enough, a man can do anything."

Of course, he works his a$$ off, he doesn't just believe!

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
The Big Lebowski

Dude!

I have watched Braveheart a double digit amount of times.

When I was younger my stepbros used to watch Happy Gilmore EVERY NIGHT for a solid year or so. No joke I had almost the entire movie memorized line for line at one point.

That's on the list. And so is.... Starship Troopers. That has to be one of my all time favorite movies. It's cheese, fun, over the top, and amazing action. I never get sick of that one. The combination of CGI from people who have a shit, and practical effects, make it still top notch to this day.

Starship Troopers is an amazing movie on so many levels, and even with all the crazy CGI that goes into movies these days, it holds up pretty well today. Also that (not so) subtle socio-political commentary will never go out of style...

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I do not envy people who are hyper paranoid/hyper insecure and hustle to make themselves happy. My mom is like this and I have to remind her that working to exhaustion and the point of physical degradation is not good. Being productive is great, but productivity as a life purpose is just becoming a slave to one's own insecurities and is a sort of affliction, in my opinion.
Most people still underwork and underestimate efforts needed for every minor goals.

There is always a persistent mismatch between goals/vision to efforts.

It doesn't have to be at a point that threatens your physical health, but simply a sacrifice made to cut time for everything else not necessary than eating, sleeping and exercising.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Most people still underwork and underestimate efforts needed for every minor goals.

There is always a persistent mismatch between goals/vision to efforts.

It doesn't have to be at a point that threatens your physical health, but simply a sacrifice made to cut time for everything else not necessary than eating, sleeping and exercising.
I’d say most people could get a bigger result for less effort if they focused on the right things.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I’d say most people could get a bigger result for less effort if they focused on the right things.
I think it's like making food for a party: better to make too much than too little.

Apply more effort than needed, surpass your goal. Too many people are looking for the shortcut to apply the least effort possible.

(but I agree about focusing on the right things)

Last edited by a moderator:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
My idea of success:

be like the founding fathers. Build wealth, influence, and then, when you're at the top of the world - set it free.
Mighty high aim!

I’m sure politics is in your future, bud. I keep getting this feeling with many of your posts. One day, I’ll be watching you campaign for President. It’ll be fun (for me).

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Finished my tax package for the CPA firm this weekend. Off my hands… it’s nauseating to just think how much tax we pay. *sigh…*

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
278144950_506999784246340_3971595006331198113_n.jpg

(sorry for the mask in the picture, I didn't make this meme but saw it online)

I'm not hating conveniences but there's some truth to that.

With each new convenience we gain something but we also lose something.

Because we have cars, most humans are incapable of walking more than a mile or two (if that).

Because we have ubiquitous takeout, fewer and fewer people can cook.

Because we have medicine for all kinds of ailments, more and more people have no idea how to take care of their health.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
It takes a lot of trial and errors (time) to find out the right things. :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
View attachment 42956

Because we have cars, most humans are incapable of walking more than a mile or two (if that).

Because we have medicine for all kinds of ailments, more and more people have no idea how to take care of their health.

I don't think conveniences are the problem. I think it's the replacement of healthy things that we used to do.

But you are right, we have to introduce discomfort artificially now because we have gotten really good at removing problems from our society.

Crafty

turn the page
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Mar 29, 2022
I was just talking with my gf about something similar to this the other day. The amount of people that rely on fast food is kind of scary. Also just thinking of how McDonalds markets to kids with their happy meals and playgrounds is kind of sickening.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
View attachment 42956

I’ve been meaning to start a garden but it just seems like such a waste of time when my local fruit shop is all organic and I can buy more food than I could probably ever hope to grow in my tiny yard for like $200

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I'm in favor of cooking. Really the most healthy food it's only the one you make almost always. People not knowing to cook is a reflection of people's poor health in general.

I'm somewhat in favor of the garden but not all that much. Let's be real, capitalism means specialization, profesionals should grow the most food of the best quality, I don't suport GMO and sinthetic agriculture tho. I think all using precious time in maintaining a garden for food it's kind of a chimeric communist dream. Specialize. I will pay extra for the organic chickpeas and hope the producer gets very rich.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Yesterday I was reluctantly at Walmart and took a stroll down the main aisle. At every end cap and at every center aisle kiosk (in the aisle) was junk food. Coke, Pepsi, Cheetos, greasy snacks, candy, sugar cereals, all processed crap -- the entirety of the middle aisle had zero nutritional value. It was gluttony and addiction all rolled up into one aisle.

I found myself laughing because if a human being was forced to survive on solely what was displayed in this middle aisle, we'd have a nation of sickness and obesity.

Oh yes that's right, we do.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Yesterday I was reluctantly at Walmart and took a stroll down the main aisle. At every end cap and at every center aisle kiosk (in the aisle) was junk food. Coke, Pepsi, Cheetos, greasy snacks, candy, sugar cereals, all processed crap -- the entirety of the middle aisle had zero nutritional value. It was gluttony and addiction all rolled up into one aisle.

I found myself laughing because if a human being was forced to survive on solely what was displayed in this middle aisle, we'd have a nation of sickness and obesity.

Funny because it's true. More like "tragic funny".

G

Guest-5ty5s4

this is why they say to shop the edges of the grocery store, right?

All the best "real" food can be found on the edges.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Any update on The Great Reset book?

I saw a supposed exert from there the other day, not sure if it’s actually in there or not but it was more shocking that I expected.

Maybe I should just read it, the only thing I have against reading it is giving that reptile money to read it.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
I don't have any friends or family that really understand other than 9-5 jobs so I want to share with someone.

I created my website 11 months ago and it took me 10months to get to 500pageviews/day, but less than one month to 1000pageviews/day. It's crazy really!

Any great threads here that you know about monetizing a website properly? I'm doing it with ads and amazon associates now so mehh. Also, what business model do you have?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I don't have any friends or family that really understand other than 9-5 jobs so I want to share with someone.

I created my website 11 months ago and it took me 10months to get to 500pageviews/day, but less than one month to 1000pageviews/day. It's crazy really!

Any great threads here that you know about monetizing a website properly? I'm doing it with ads and amazon associates now so mehh. Also, what business model do you have?
Depends on the website I guess. Make a progress thread?

Off the top of my head without knowing anything about the site

Affiliate offers
Sponsorships
Create a newsletter
Start your own brand or product
Sell an info product

You’re already getting people to buy things through Amazon so now you just need to find ways to get higher up on that food chain. Launch your own version of products that are popular through your affiliate links.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
278265636_5562681100427060_8506018993640740830_n.png

I don't understand the purpose of such articles. What are you going to accomplish by "trying" someone's diet and workout for a SINGLE day?

I've seen a lot of such videos and articles recently where people share their experience following someone's routine for a day or for a week. Sorry but you aren't going to learn anything substantial by copying someone's part of a routine for a week.

Event-oriented culture to the fullest.

Here's another example:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hUbKwyzCXQ

Like, seriously, what's the big deal of eating like David Goggins for a day (which was 800 kcal when he was cutting weight) and how hard can it be? I can NOT eat for a full day and it's not a big deal at all. How this gets 350,000+ views is beyond me.

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
Thanks for answering Mitch! Those are some solid ideas. Yeah i need to level up the game but it's going to be tough. I love tough :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.