The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Anyone have thoughts on selling your writing as NFT? Has anyone done this? @MTF could this be a possible solution for the writing challenges you've faced? It doesn't seem as predictable, but possibly more lucrative. I'm not sure.

I considered it. Wondering about the costs of minting this, though and if any of my readers would even know what it is and how to buy it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
The Ancient Greeks understood that both the mind and body must be exercised. This is why the great Greek historian of Athens, Thucydides (460–400 BCE) famously once said, ‘The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.’

Edgley, Ross. The Art of Resilience: Strategies for an Unbreakable Mind and Body (p. 38). HarperCollins Publishers.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
By their late 20s or early 30s most people are who they are going to be for the rest of their lives.

Detach from people who are this age and aren't heading where you plan to go.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
By their late 20s or early 30s most people are who they are going to be for the rest of their lives.

Seems like a good way to end up alone.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Seems like a good way to end up alone.

I have a friend (used to be my best friend) who with each year gets more and more comfort- and security-obsessed. These days, more and more often I regret chatting him up than not. He can't relate to my adventures and new projects (so sometimes he doesn't even respond when I talk about it) but he loves talking about covid and anything that may threaten his safety. It gets frustrating after a while, particularly since he considers himself an expert in everything (including business which he doesn't have).

I guess I'm telling it to say that sometimes it's probably better to end up alone (hopefully temporarily) while seeking better, more satisfying relationships.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I have a friend (used to be my best friend) who with each year gets more and more comfort- and security-obsessed. These days, more and more often I regret chatting him up than not. He can't relate to my adventures and new projects (so sometimes he doesn't even respond when I talk about it) but he loves talking about covid and anything that may threaten his safety. It gets frustrating after a while, particularly since he considers himself an expert in everything (including business which he doesn't have).

I guess I'm telling it to say that sometimes it's probably better to end up alone (hopefully temporarily) while seeking better, more satisfying relationships.
I get it. I've cut people from my life. Looking back, nobody was on the same path. Just a bunch of flawed people walking different roads, all heading to the exact same place. I miss some of those people, a lot.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

I used to focus a lot on who to "cut", but overall it's a negative state of mind.
A better mindset is to instead focus on who to get around.

Look at your goals and values and move towards the people aligned with what you want.
If you do this, most of the people you don't want in your life will start to fade away by themselves.

It's like with food - you don't want just to cut out all the trash and have nothing to eat at all.
You want to replace the low-quality food with better food - till everything you eat is high quality.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hold on...

1639657340053.png

1639657358877.png

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I considered it. Wondering about the costs of minting this, though and if any of my readers would even know what it is and how to buy it.

Might take a bit of education to get your readers on board. Maybe that could be a series of dripped emails over a few days leading up to launch.

OpenSea.io appears to be free to upload, create, and sell NFTs unless I'm missing/misunderstanding something.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA
1639657340053.png

The request wasn't worded as a question. I wonder if that would make a difference to the bot to get immediate feedback.

Maybe something like:
What is wrong with the disapproved ads in this account?

or

What caused the ads in this account to be disapproved?

Maybe it needs to know the specific ads.

I was thinking of writing an anti-service bot that just responds with something like this when it's confused:

What's wrong with you? That should be as plain as the nose on your face.

or

You think that's part of your benefits package. I have to tell the other bots.

I don't think it would sell well.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1639657340053.png

The request wasn't worded as a question. I wonder if that would make a difference to the bot to get immediate feedback.

Maybe something like:
What is wrong with the disapproved ads in this account?

or

What caused the ads in this account to be disapproved?

Maybe it needs to know the specific ads.

I was thinking of writing an anti-service bot that just responds with something like this when it's confused:

What's wrong with you? That should be as plain as the nose on your face.

or

You think that's part of your benefits package. I have to tell the other bots.

I don't think it would sell well.
It wasn’t a bot. I was messaging a real person!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
It wasn’t a bot. I was messaging a real person!
How would you tell the difference? Have your tried Jarvis.ai ? It’s insanely good.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How would you tell the difference? Have your tried Jarvis.ai ? It’s insanely good.
I suppose it could have been a bot, including typos. What makes me think it was a real person was the conversation back and forth trying to prove I did indeed have permission to discuss the client account.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

I think this can even start from early 20s.
I get it. I've cut people from my life. Looking back, nobody was on the same path. Just a bunch of flawed people walking different roads, all heading to the exact same place. I miss some of those people, a lot.
Me too. I miss some of them.
High school friends who would support me in all I did...now they are just remnants of their former selves.
But then I think about the new folks I meet now...and I find myself seeking more time to spend learning with them.

Unfortunately, very few of them are actually from family.

I keep questioning 'blood is thicker than water' even more as an Asian now.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
I suppose it could have been a bot, including typos. What makes me think it was a real person was the conversation back and forth trying to prove I did indeed have permission to discuss the client account.
I just typed in "Write a letter to Andy Black on how AI software can now authenticate users, their permissions and have a conversation to trouble shoot support ticket calls."

And here is what I got from Jarvis:

Dear Andy,

I wanted to let you know about some really exciting news in the world of AI software. We've been working hard on developing a new authentication system that can verify users, their permissions and even have a conversation to help troubleshoot support ticket calls.

This new software is already making a big difference for our team. We can now spend more time providing a personalized customer experience, and less time trying to figure out who is calling.

Every day our team gets phone calls from customers who have been locked out of their account. This new software has been able to resolve these cases without needing to escalate the problem or even passing it on for another department to handle. We've even had some cases where people have called in because they haven't received an email for their account. Our software has been able to verify that the user's information is correct, and get the issue resolved without anyone else needing to be involved.

I know there are still questions out there about how this will work with GDPR coming up, and we've been working on a new strategy to make sure we stay compliant.

Thanks for your time and let me know if there's anything I can help with!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I keep questioning 'blood is thicker than water' even more as an Asian now.

This quote means the opposite of what a lot of people think it does - "the blood of the covenant is stronger than the water of the womb" - IE, people who share your deepest beliefs are more important that famiy

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I just typed in "Write a letter to Andy Black on how AI software can now authenticate users, their permissions and have a conversation to trouble shoot support ticket calls."

Pretty amazing. I would say that this is likely one of the easiest things for it to do, though - essentially repeating an advertisement for itself.

Now I want to get Jarvis and try a whole bunch of ideas to see what it can do!

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
G

Guest-5ty5s4

So... this is how it's going. Restrictions incoming.

View attachment 41166
Wow, in Denmark they just straight up call it "surveillance." Get a load of this:
https://www.sst.dk/en/english/coron...idemic/C0VlD-19-updates-statistics-and-charts

Meanwhile their vaxx rate is very high, but they're still going to keep locking down and restricting people anyway just because they test positive.

Never mind whether the positive cases are actually in danger or not. Or showing proof of their data, really... I mean, how do we know they aren't just slapping a graph up on a screen?

I make it a habit to read citations and sources, and often, they are circular and self-referencing.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Dayum. That’s better than I’d write or could be bothered writing in a letter.

How do I test to see whether I’m speaking to a bot or a human?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
@Andy Black

I've asked Jarvis to respond to you to save me time :)

Here it goes:

When you're chatting with someone online, it can be hard to tell if you're speaking to a real person or an AI. Luckily, there are a few ways to test whether you're talking to a machine or a human.

One way to tell is by the response time. If you ask a question and don't receive a response for a long time, or if you leave the chat window open and come back later to find that your companion has written nothing over the course of hours, it's safe to say that they're probably not human.

Another way to tell is by how your companion responds. If you ask an easily answerable question like "Do you like apples?" and you're met with a long, winding response that doesn't really answer your question, it's likely that you're speaking to an AI. However, if your companion responds quickly and gives a direct answer, they're probably a real person.

Of course, there are some exceptions to these rules. Some people might take a while to respond if they're particularly shy, for example. Also, some chatbots are programmed to answer questions like "Do you like apples?" with long responses that don't actually answer the question.

Another way to tell is by how likely your companion is to ask personal questions. If they ask you about your age or location right off the bat, it's likely that they're a bot. However, if they ask questions like "What do you like to do for fun?" and "What are your hobbies?", it's probably a real person.

AI chatbots can also be programmed to ask personal questions or give long answers, so these rules aren't absolute. For the most part, though, if you use these guidelines, you should be able to tell the difference between a real person and an AI chatbot. Happy chatting!

I've also asked Jarvis to tell us about the Turing Test, as I find it fascinating.

In 1950, Alan Turing published a paper suggesting that it might be possible to test whether a computer program had achieved intelligence. He suggested a 'test' in which a human could interact with an entity, and if the machine fooled them into thinking they were interacting with another person, then that would demonstrate intelligence.

Turing himself proposed that the evaluation should be done by a panel of judges, rather than the person themselves. This became known as the Turing test.

The Turing test has been used in many different ways over the years, but is most commonly thought of as a measure of artificial intelligence. In order to pass the test, a machine must be able to fool at least 30% of people into thinking they are speaking to a person, rather than a machine.

The original Turing test was held in 1960, and since then the Loebner Prize has been awarded annually for the 'most human' chatbot. However, no programme has ever passed the Turing test - there's always something artificial about the way they interact with humans.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I get the point. Still, like my quote above said:

“Life is absurd, but you can fill it with ideas, enthusiasm and joy.” - Reinhold Messner.

Over the last couple of years I've often been in very dark places. Now that I (at least for now) feel overall better, I don't want to allow these flawed people walking different roads to mess up my enthusiasm and joy.

We're all going to die so it's only another reason to decide with whom you want to spend time and focus on those who are perhaps a little less flawed or a bit more aligned with you.

I don't cut people out, I just let the relationships go and they slowly fade away which also shows the other party doesn't care much.

As a side note, one of my best friends now is not an entrepreneur. So even though business is super important to me he has other qualities that I admire a lot. He adds to my life and I hopefully add to his.

Might take a bit of education to get your readers on board. Maybe that could be a series of dripped emails over a few days leading up to launch.

OpenSea.io appears to be free to upload, create, and sell NFTs unless I'm missing/misunderstanding something.

I'll look into it.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Giant Kites That Drag Cargo Ships Across Oceans Go on Trial

Interesting....though I can't see this being more reliable than an engine. "We're sorry, but your shipment got blown halfway to Antarctica. Please allow up to another 8 weeks for delivery."

Shipping carries more than 80% of all goods traded globally but also accounts for almost 3% of man-made carbon dioxide emissions.

So...what's the big deal then? Why the big change?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
"He who is only an athlete is too crude, too vulgar, too much savage. He who is only a scholar is too soft, too effeminate. The ideal citizen is the scholar athlete, the man of thought and the man of action."

-Plato

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Apple products are infuriating. I just bought a new iMac desktop computer and it only has two thunderbolt ports, and the keyboard occupies one of them. That's it.

I'm tempted to return it just out of "spite" for such an idiotic "simplistic" design.

If Apple designed cars, I'm guessing that would make it so simple it wouldn't have heat or A/C, and they'd make you buy the windshield wipers separate.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Apple products are infuriating. I just bought a new iMac desktop computer and it only has two thunderbolt ports, and the keyboard occupies one of them. That's it.

I'm tempted to return it just out of "spite" for such an idiotic "simplistic" design.

If Apple designed cars, I'm guessing that would make it so simple it wouldn't have heat or A/C, and they'd make you buy the windshield wipers separate.

There is kinda a culture war between the designers and engineers at Apple. One year they try and make it more "Appley" at the expense of functionality, then the complaints roll in. Then the next year they fix it and then people are happy again. The cycle continues.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.