The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So far I'm not impressed, but Ill give it a few more weeks.

Looks like if you're only reporting the facts as corporate media wants you to see them, you're still missing the boat. In this dystopian world, the real "news" of the world isn't going to be sourced at WaPo, Fox, CNN, or the BBC. I was hoping to see "news" that wasn't from a select group of "approved media sources" which is just code for corporate media propaganda. Thus far, it's just been a medium to sanitize corporate media propaganda free of editorialization.

Remember, just because a tree falling in the woods isn't reported, doesn't mean it didn't happen. In effect, that's what's happening here thus far.
There really is no such thing as reliable news anymore. But was there ever? I’m starting to think there’s never not been an agenda.

It’s like trusting humans with a money printer. They tell you that it is of the upmost importance that they have this control and that they know what’s best. Once the accountability is rationalized away, it doesn’t take long before this shit happens.

I don’t think anyone could honestly run an unbiased and perfectly factual media organization. I’m also realizing the news is pretty useless to my life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
There really is no such thing as reliable news anymore. But was there ever? I’m starting to think there’s never not been an agenda.

It’s like trusting humans with a money printer. They tell you that it is of the upmost importance that they have this control and that they know what’s best. Once the accountability is rationalized away, it doesn’t take long before this shit happens.

I don’t think anyone could honestly run an unbiased and perfectly factual media organization. I’m also realizing the news is pretty useless to my life.

There never will be an unbiased news because there never will be unbiased people.
And guess what? Our biggest bias is ....

confirmation bias.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
The best jokes are true:

Pfizer = evil.

Seriously, do they really believe that people won't eventually wake up to why they're doing it? I mean, isn't it obvious by now that it's just a pure evil money grab propped by the government?
Mate, people believe all of it.

I have noticed the people that believe it are usually on the left side of the political aisle.

They seem to believe everything. Lefties are very trusting I find.
Obviously not everyone, but it's a pattern I have noticed.
Not sure WHY that is?

Anyone else no matter where they fit on the political spectrum seems to have a more skeptical nature.

Last edited:

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Anybody heard of Card My Yard? Pretty impressive fastlane business that became a franchise. I would have never guessed something so simple could be so effective.
Just googled it. Super impressive!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Everyone talks about how the media vilifies entrepreneurs and businesses, but to a large extent that's done by the people writing the content - the journalists (though their bosses set the agenda).

Still, the question remains - why do journalists hate entrepreneurs, businessmen, and "capitalism"?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Everyone talks about how the media vilifies entrepreneurs and businesses, but to a large extent that's done by the people writing the content - the journalists (though their bosses set the agenda).

Still, the question remains - why do journalists hate entrepreneurs, businessmen, and "capitalism"?
The logic here is backwards.

Journalists don’t hate entrepreneurs. They are looking to get eyeballs on their content. To succeed. This means writing what the masses want. Pleasing the crowd.

The masses see wealthy people and get jealous of the results, not the work it requires.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The logic here is backwards.

Journalists don’t hate entrepreneurs. They are looking to get eyeballs on their content. To succeed. This means writing what the masses want. Pleasing the crowd.

The masses see wealthy people and get jealous of the results, not the work it requires.
You're right, the viewers hate it, not the journalists (though lots of journalists seem to have the same views as their audience).

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
You're right, the viewers hate it, not the journalists (though lots of journalists seem to have the same views as their audience).

Journalists are the watchdogs of society—the messengers who filter through all of the information, pick out what they think is relevant, and then present it to their readers. They have a responsibility to get the story right just as much as they have a responsibility to tell it truthfully. The problem is that when journalists do make mistakes, everyone is quick to point it out.

And that’s where cognitive dissonance comes in. Cognitive dissonance is the psychological term for the discomfort we feel when we hold two contradictory beliefs at the same time. In the context of journalism, this can be anything from feeling torn between wanting to get a scoop and maintain journalistic integrity, to feeling torn between wanting to maintain a reputation and wanting to correct a mistake.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So far I'm not impressed, but Ill give it a few more weeks.

Looks like if you're only reporting the facts as corporate media wants you to see them, you're still missing the boat. In this dystopian world, the real "news" of the world isn't going to be sourced at WaPo, Fox, CNN, or the BBC. I was hoping to see "news" that wasn't from a select group of "approved media sources" which is just code for corporate media propaganda. Thus far, it's just been a medium to sanitize corporate media propaganda free of editorialization.

Remember, just because a tree falling in the woods isn't reported, doesn't mean it didn't happen. In effect, that's what's happening here thus far.
I’m subscribed just to see what they send and how they monetise. Lots of ads. Not saying that’s a bad thing, just an observation.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
lmao - so true

FGRA_ESWQAIxrxz

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well I did something today I never thought I'd do in my lifetime... bought a snowblower.

IMG_5563.jpeg

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
i just went on a really long rant about Die Hard being the single greatest Christmas movie in the history of time and then another really long rant about stupid guys at the gym who want things that are diametrically opposed to each other - like a chick who works out constantly while also being super respectful of a guys manhood.

But then I deleted those.. y’all missed out so much! Like a 600 word essay.. sheesh I talk so much! I would have made you pee yourself laughing. Merry Christmas.

Just fyi it’s almost 1am here and I have had beer.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Die Hard is indeed the single most epic, greatest Christmas movie of all time!

Too bad you deleted the 600 word essay, I’d have read it. I’m looking to take good care of my confirmation bias here. :rofl:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
i just went on a really long rant about Die Hard being the single greatest Christmas movie in the history of time and then another really long rant about stupid guys at the gym who want things that are diametrically opposed to each other - like a chick who works out constantly while also being super respectful of a guys manhood.

But then I deleted those.. y’all missed out so much! Like a 600 word essay.. sheesh I talk so much! I would have made you pee yourself laughing. Merry Christmas.

Just fyi it’s almost 1am here and I have had beer.

Nightmare before Christmas is the single greatest Christmas movie in the history of time.... Fight me!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Nightmare before Christmas is the single greatest Christmas movie in the history of time.... Fight me!
I cannot possibly fight you because your choice of Christmas movie proves that your brain is the size of a guinea pig. I don’t fight with guinea pigs, I smile at ppl who keep guinea pigs and think to myself “Wtf is wrong with you?”

State your reasons in full. Use references. I’m willing to be won over by your fuzzy cuteness, maybe.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
My girlfriends' grandparents' house was destroyed in this : /

They are okay though!

yaponchik

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jan 18, 2018
been rethinking everything regarding wealth building

why start a business when I can work in a proven career path which will make me rich?

why iterate and fix bugs when i can make an info product in a week that sells forever?

why build apps when i can click 2 buttons a week on Robinhood?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016