The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Kinda funny how Youtube just decided to go YOLO with their ad income and just 2-3X the amount of ads on everything.

I used to see one or two ads in a full session. Now I see 1-2 ads per video.

The user experience is way worse but I guess they don't care at this stage - they are cashing in big time.

Id love to see the 2021 figures, they probably doubled this.

View attachment 40504

Use brave browser.
No ads.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Man Amazon can go suck a lemon. They make it freaking impossible to order a damn kindle book (Great Rat Race Escape ) without their bloody "1 click" BS. I don't want to use my business CC for this! It is freaking impossible to turn that shit off. I even have "disable one click everywhere" selected, and it still shows up and wont even let me modify my freaking payment method.

So if you have a kindle purchase and return, and then purchase again, I am sorry MJ. I guess I need to go in and change my default payment to something else, and see if that works. Freaking Amazon. Thanks for making my life easy.

How is this book not a business expense?

816052EC-351F-4CD7-9E47-AF9CBDFC32C0.gif

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Kinda funny how Youtube just decided to go YOLO with their ad income and just 2-3X the amount of ads on everything.

I used to see one or two ads in a full session. Now I see 1-2 ads per video.

The user experience is way worse but I guess they don't care at this stage - they are cashing in big time.

Id love to see the 2021 figures, they probably doubled this.

View attachment 40504
I spotted that the other night. I assumed it was just that channel that chose to show loads of ads. Do monetised channels get to choose how many ads show during their videos?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I hate YouTube ads. I have a shortcut on my phone to the brave browser YouTube shortcut. Forget using aps full of ads.

I am also recently monetized on YouTube so I suppose sharing this will help stop that gravy train from arriving lol.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This part of the forum is for rants, so I get it, and this post isn't to personally challenge you, so I hope it doesn't come across that way.

I just don't see the point in any of us spending time thinking about this. Messages like this get shared every day - here, on Facebook, on podcasts. With the exception of telling people to "think about it" or to "wake up," they always leave out the call-to-action.

• What do you think should be done about this?

• What should any specific person do about this?

• If this is so important to you, what are you going to do about this?

Faceless people ranting doesn't stop faceless machines from stealing.

This post isn't from anger, but curiosity.

I don't understand the value in putting your time and energy into things that you have no control over, don't have solutions for, and aren't likely to act upon even if a clear action (beyond signing petitions that disappear into the wind) becomes known.

I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that these manifestos are intended to motivate someone to act. But who? And what action? Do weapons come out? Do buildings explode? Do people die? Because in wars, people die, and it isn't pretty.

Usually, when people go to war, there is, at least, a perceived clear enemy. In a faceless system, who is the enemy? Who are you after? Who do you act upon?

And if the answer is that there is no clear answer, then what is the point in ranting to wake people up about the actions that they should take upon unknown entities when no organized group exists to back up these would-be freedom fighters, and no leader has emerged to give those people direction?

Everyone wants everyone else to wake up to this invisible tyranny and do something about it. Nobody steps forward to lead - to rally the woken toward some purpose, some act of change. Nobody takes those actions upon their own shoulders. To do so almost certainly leads to one of these outcomes:

1. Prison
  2. Death

Lacking a clear enemy, direction, and motivation, to me, it seems that the most sensible action anyone can take is to stop spending their time thinking about how bad the world is, and start spending their time learning how to survive in it going forward.

Focus on your business. Your escape plan. Your contingencies. Your family. Your belief systems. Your community. Your personal sense of enjoyment and wonder and helping those around you to achieve that too.

Those are things you can affect change on now.

Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I'm just missing something, but I've never understood the purpose in worrying about things that I'm very unlikely to change, or act upon, even if I thought I knew how that change should come about.
Speaking of waking up to tyranny, the Dan Pena gang seems to be making something interesting moves...

First Brian Rose (of London Real fame and a Pena student) went to run for London elections. Didn't win...but his social media strategy was one of a kind.

And now I got an email from Dan Pena...and he wants to run for politics in the UK. So no more Quantum Leap seminars?

Video announcement here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPl-rG1dea8

If his roughhouse stories are real...then Imma get popcorn to watch the show to come.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I hate YouTube ads. I have a shortcut on my phone to the brave browser YouTube shortcut. Forget using aps full of ads.

I am also recently monetized on YouTube so I suppose sharing this will help stop that gravy train from arriving lol.
Lol. I don’t mind the ads. I study them (before clicking skip).

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Double standards!!! Haha

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Thank God. Because everyone tells me I am going to be some politician as if that is something I should want.

i documented with a picture a moment that guarantees you’ll never get into political office!!

did you just say on your show that “if you can’t afford your rent, you aren’t bringing enough value to the world, you weren’t as good at bringing value”? Yeah, politics is dead for you @Kak

F2A7EB92-0BA6-44BB-9195-5C5589FF81C5.jpeg

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
First Brian Rose (of London Real fame and a Pena student) went to run for London elections. Didn't win...but his social media strategy was one of a kind.
Well, Dan wants to show lil Rose how it's done...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@Kak @Antifragile yet somehow, the whole show has gotten mostly focused on politics ;)
File a complaint with the @Kak government!!! :rofl:

But you are right, lately Kyle’s been on a tear with the Fed and other issues. Time to get some pure business topics going! I vote yes!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Anyone see disruption coming to the television streaming industry?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
G

Guest-5ty5s4

So nice of our overseers to not keep track of all of my financial transactions, assuming my accounts ever drop below $10K which last happened sometime in 1997.

View: https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1453401097989726211?s=20
$10,000 is nothing. Ridiculous.

I saw a friend of mine post this on Facebook - she is in local government and leans well towards liberty and I'm glad to have her in there shaking things up.

This is a good counterpoint to apathy (talking about the World Series and voting on some major changes):

"The general population is more engaged with a baseball game that doesn't matter, AT ALL, than to proposed changes to our (state) Constitution. We get the government we allow and deserve."

Apparently, less than 1% of the county has voted on proposed changes to the state Constitution.

Less than 1%.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don't know who needs to hear this, but

if you ever needed a reason to work harder, then understand that the vermin who run this country want to use the unrealized capital gains law to steal your family's house and sell it to blackrock.

They do that because they hate you (and everyone who isn't in their club).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"The general population is more engaged with a baseball game that doesn't matter, AT ALL, than to proposed changes to our (state) Constitution. We get the government we allow and deserve."

Bread and circuses. Compliments of the Department of Education.

I don't know who needs to hear this, but

if you ever needed a reason to work harder, then understand that the vermin who run this country want to use the unrealized capital gains law to steal your family's house and sell it to blackrock.

They do that because they hate you (and everyone who isn't in their club).

You'll own nothing and be happy.

Now checkout this awesome article about a couple who "retired early" because they decided to live in a tent behind Walmart while eating only rice and beans!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
ZUw73Na.jpg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Quick takeway on the Fed's money printing:

The Fed printed, what, 20-40% of the dollars that exist in the last 24 months? They can pull it out of thin air because it has value because they say it does (fiat currency, fiat being a Latin word meaning "let it be so").

The thing is, much of society is like that - it's a game with made up rules. Rules tied to biology and psychology of course, but those rules can be discarded and reinvented more easily than you'd think.

You could get cynical about this, or you could realize that the world is simply the product of the imagination of a small group of very stubborn people, and become a very stubborn, imaginative person yourself and end up with the world you want.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
The Fed printed, what, 20-40% of the dollars that exist in the last 24 months? They can pull it out of thin air because it has value because they say it does (fiat currency, fiat being a Latin word meaning "let it be so").

I know there is a thread on inflation already, but what some people doing to prepare for inflation and the growth of cryptocurrencies / NFTs / blockchain based currencies?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
but those rules can be discarded and reinvented more easily than you'd think.

And that’s exactly what’s happening today. The small group of people running the show believe rules don’t apply to THEM. If the FED makes a big mistake, who will be held accountable or responsible. Oh yeah LOL nobody.

This is actually why most conspiracy theories end up true. If a small group of people are trying to maximize profits, power and control. From a game theory perspective it makes for a rational decision. After all rules don’t apply to them only to me and you. It makes sense that the higher you are on the power structure the more likely you are to engage in some collusion or dishonesty to expand power and control.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
DD6C015C-47D2-4EDC-A8B0-CEA56F5B8D07.jpeg

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Well, Dan wants to show lil Rose how it's done...
Yeah, I felt Brian Rose was still rather soft...he kept reaching out to the common folks on social media. Which is good and one of his key strengths. But history tells us political victories need something tougher...you have to do something with the elites on top.

We hadn't had an alpha-male kind of leader in a while since the WW2 era folks..or even Thatcher.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I put a deposit down on a 2023 Range Rover a while back and they finally released the new look. It’s more like a concept car than anything I’ve seen before. First reaction was “hmm… I don’t know if I like it” and with time it’s fast growing on me.

for all the car people on Fastlane, what are your thoughts? Like or not?
FFD53534-7F88-45A7-A11C-32502C79E4B5.jpeg

728878C6-E595-4D89-A0D6-730E85E792D8.jpeg
FF43DB22-FC19-4831-B2E8-6157FB94B78B.jpeg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I put a deposit down on a 2023 Range Rover a while back and they finally released the new look. It’s more like a concept car than anything I’ve seen before. First reaction was “hmm… I don’t know if I like it” and with time it’s fast growing on me.

for all the car people on Fastlane, what are your thoughts? Like or not?
View attachment 40524

View attachment 40525
View attachment 40526
I like it.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
A homeschooling business would do so well right now.

- Niche down for a certain demographic that really want their kids out of the school system
- Get excellent top tier teachers that have high values
- Create a great system with content, exercises, projects, tests, extra resources etc
- Create a parent networking system too for support and meetups

If a kid is doing homeschool for 5-10 years and you charge like 4k a year then you have a really good customer LTV.
Also, that is amazing value on the parent side too and you avoid having some brainwashed kid.

---

1,000 kids = 4m a year

15 top teachers = 80k x 15 -1.2m
Website, ads, and support systems - let's say another 800k

2 million a year clean.

Also, it would likely be the type of business to do super well with word of mouth marketing.

Plus it seems like the type of business that would get investment easily enough and also be very sellable.

Has anyone looked into this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.