The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Has anybody here successfully ditched Android/iOS from mobile device usage?

The only viable solution I see at the moment are devices like the Librem 5 USA with Linux-based OS, kill switches for data transmission, removable battery, and chipsets manufactured in the US. The price tag and delivery times on these are a little high, and I'm hoping to find a more convenient and immediate solution.

Best case would be a Librem 5, but I would also settle for ditching the "smart phone" experience entirely to replace with a simple device purely to make calls/receive SMS.

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!
GrapheneOS can be run on multiple Pixel models.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have done just about everything one can do with phones, computers, and operating systems.

For purely business needs… Apple wins in phones and computers.

Linux sucks. Privacy ROMs for Android suck. Android is OK, but might as well be called NSA phone. Apple says they give a damn about privacy and have publicly done things that support their claim, but they still collect data.

Now, I have a guilty pleasure. A flight simulator. I know, throw rocks, @Kak is an occasional “gamer.” So my main business computer happens to be an ASUS laptop with a 3070 in it. Meh. It’s not intolerable, but Macs are smoother at literally everything else I ever do.

I no longer want to ditch Apple. I just appreciate my stuff working well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted70138

The only viable solution I see at the moment are devices like the Librem 5 USA with Linux-based OS, kill switches for data transmission, removable battery, and chipsets manufactured in the US. The price tag and delivery times on these are a little high, and I'm hoping to find a more convenient and immediate solution.

Best case would be a Librem 5, but I would also settle for ditching the "smart phone" experience entirely to replace with a simple device purely to make calls/receive SMS.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 09.31.14.png

"We wish to strengthen protection against evictions for those who are renting and the legislation would remove the so-called no-fault evictions and provide tenancy of indefinite duration," Ms Bacik said.

"It would remove the ground which allows the landlord to terminate tenancy on the basis that they intend to sell the property in three months and put curbs on evictions for the purposes of refurbishment or for passing the properties on to family members."

According to a report from the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB), the main reason behind eviction notices are landlords declaring an intent to sell the property.

"This is the primary cause of families entering homelessness," Ms Bacik added.

"The second challenge is that of unaffordable rents and deposits.

"We have called for a three-year rent freeze and we believe that is essential."

The Dublin Bay South TD also said the change to annual rent increases was "not sufficient" to tackle rising rents.

The Minister for Housing Darragh O'Brien said in July that rent increases in rent pressure zones would be based on inflation instead of set caps.

Ms Bacik said: "Our Bill would also declare the entire state a rent pressure zone and cap deposits at one month's rent.

"We know that in Ireland, renters face a whole range of different restrictive measures in their leases which prevent them from seeing their rented home as a permanent one.

"In other European countries, it is common for renters to be able to keep pets in their home and to request an unfurnished property so they can move their own furniture in.

"(The legislation) would provide for the right to rent unfurnished and rule against a complete prohibition on keeping pets.

"We need to ensure that renting becomes a long-term viable and sustainable option and ensure we have cultural shift to skew away from this vision of renting, always in terms of the landlord and their investment and their income, and instead skew our policy back, rightly somewhat, towards renters and towards seeing rental properties as homes."

Mr O'Brien, who said the Government would not oppose the Bill, said any new measures should be "fair".

He added: "Any new measure must be capable of withstanding legal challenge too, including a constitutional challenge.

"In relation to supply we can accept there are acute pressures in the rental market, driven by a number of factors but predominately rising demand for rental accommodation.

"The long-term solution for the high levels of rent lies in an increase in supply as well as providing transparency and consistency around rent levels."

Sinn Fein's Eoin O Broin criticised comments by Tanaiste Leo Varadkar that there needs to be "a balance" between the regulation of rents and landlords' income.

Mr Varadkar said on Tuesday that "one person's rent is another person's income".

Mr O Broin said those comments portrayed "an appalling ignorance" of the reality of the rental market.

He told the Dail: "I think the very widespread reaction to the Tanaiste's comments is evidence there is no balance in the rights between landlords and tenants in the current market.

"That's why we have seen a doubling of rent across the state over the last number of years.

"That's why we continue to see a large number of tenants evicted on spurious grounds and have so many rental properties that don't meet minimum standards.

"He tried to present himself as the champion of the small landlord. I have to say if I was an accidental or semi-professional landlord, I would be most critical of the repeated failure of Fianna Fail and Fine Gael to do anything to stop the disorderly exit of the accidental landlords from the market."

---

That's the final straw for my rental plans in Ireland. Looking towards Poland now.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Calls and SMS are even easier to track down than internet usage. Google Pixel with GrapheneOS as someone else suggested is your best bet.

My biggest gripe with my Android phone is being unable to turn off the GPS. It keeps turning itself back on. I'd love to get rid of it entirely, but I don't know how. Phones are a mystery to me:rofl:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
View attachment 40119

"We wish to strengthen protection against evictions for those who are renting and the legislation would remove the so-called no-fault evictions and provide tenancy of indefinite duration," Ms Bacik said.

"It would remove the ground which allows the landlord to terminate tenancy on the basis that they intend to sell the property in three months and put curbs on evictions for the purposes of refurbishment or for passing the properties on to family members."

According to a report from the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB), the main reason behind eviction notices are landlords declaring an intent to sell the property.

The Dublin Bay South TD also said the change to annual rent increases was "not sufficient" to tackle rising rents.

The Minister for Housing Darragh O'Brien said in July that rent increases in rent pressure zones would be based on inflation instead of set caps.

Ms Bacik said: "Our Bill would also declare the entire state a rent pressure zone and cap deposits at one month's rent.

"We know that in Ireland, renters face a whole range of different restrictive measures in their leases which prevent them from seeing their rented home as a permanent one.

"In other European countries, it is common for renters to be able to keep pets in their home and to request an unfurnished property so they can move their own furniture in.

"(The legislation) would provide for the right to rent unfurnished and rule against a complete prohibition on keeping pets.

"We need to ensure that renting becomes a long-term viable and sustainable option and ensure we have cultural shift to skew away from this vision of renting, always in terms of the landlord and their investment and their income, and instead skew our policy back, rightly somewhat, towards renters and towards seeing rental properties as homes."

Mr O'Brien, who said the Government would not oppose the Bill, said any new measures should be "fair".

He added: "Any new measure must be capable of withstanding legal challenge too, including a constitutional challenge.

"In relation to supply we can accept there are acute pressures in the rental market, driven by a number of factors but predominately rising demand for rental accommodation.

"The long-term solution for the high levels of rent lies in an increase in supply as well as providing transparency and consistency around rent levels."

Sinn Fein's Eoin O Broin criticised comments by Tanaiste Leo Varadkar that there needs to be "a balance" between the regulation of rents and landlords' income.

Mr Varadkar said on Tuesday that "one person's rent is another person's income".

Mr O Broin said those comments portrayed "an appalling ignorance" of the reality of the rental market.

He told the Dail: "I think the very widespread reaction to the Tanaiste's comments is evidence there is no balance in the rights between landlords and tenants in the current market.

"That's why we have seen a doubling of rent across the state over the last number of years.

"That's why we continue to see a large number of tenants evicted on spurious grounds and have so many rental properties that don't meet minimum standards.

"He tried to present himself as the champion of the small landlord. I have to say if I was an accidental or semi-professional landlord, I would be most critical of the repeated failure of Fianna Fail and Fine Gael to do anything to stop the disorderly exit of the accidental landlords from the market."

---

That's the final straw for my rental plans in Ireland. Looking towards Poland now.
Madness!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
More proof that your home isn't really yours.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@Fox

one of my friends from Zurich has been in rental business for over 30 years. We had a breakfast and I asked his opinion - he said, the one thing I don’t like about investing in rental is that government always meddles. It’s not new, it’s ongoing issue with this asset class.

think of it differently - you can’t renovate a building that’s under rent control. Landlord who doesn’t make a profit will continue to do less and less. Buildings become not livable and suddenly you can evict again and market spring up in valuations.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK

What's your reason for wanting to ditch Android/iOS?

For me I'd love a phone that either used a simplified OS or old school form factor e.g. BlackBerry (less screen, more keyboard) to decrease use and increase productivity. Sadly even the latest (and by latest I mean 2018) Blackberry with a keyboard is still desirable to consumers and used ones cost as much as a mid-top spec 2021 phone. New ones literally cost as much as those new Samsung flippy ones haha

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Do you guys believe in the concept of 'unique ability'? 'Your innate gift. The essence you bring to all scenarios in which you thrive and likely come so easy to you, something that is also useful to people around you'. I heard Gay Hendricks talking about it in The Big Leap but researching it further lead me to the discovery it was coined (and registered, lol) by Strategic Coach, then other businesses like Kolbe used the idea of 'unlocking your Unique Ability®' to sell a personality test (for $50!).

Maybe I'm just being too cynical, but it almost seems like the LOA teachings which are partly intended to keep you consuming and looking for the answer? Maybe if I buy his other book it'll all make sense :rofl:

I felt I was too close to get an answer so asked my boyfriend. He described how I'm one of the most tenacious people he knows, that I approach every situation with an open heart, and openly give people the best advice I can as I want everyone to succeed. This doesn't seem to fit the descriptions of unique ability I've read though. I only begun being tenacious when I was around 12 (after I got my first job), approaching every situation with an open heart when I was like, 20, and I've only been openly giving people advice with the hopes it'll help them for a couple of years. When I finished school (16) I'd already made enough money that people asked me about it, came to me for advice, but I couldn't give them an answer as I didn't know where to start. So I'm fairly sure it's not the latter two.

So do you think there is any truth to unique ability and that it's worth figuring out or is the talk of one special skill that's been there through your life that comes easy, is useful to those around you, and produces the highest amount of abundance and satisfaction just a myth?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Do you guys believe in the concept of 'unique ability'? 'Your innate gift. The essence you bring to all scenarios in which you thrive and likely come so easy to you, something that is also useful to people around you'. I heard Gay Hendricks talking about it in The Big Leap but researching it further lead me to the discovery it was coined (and registered, lol) by Strategic Coach, then other businesses like Kolbe used the idea of 'unlocking your Unique Ability®' to sell a personality test (for $50!).

Maybe I'm just being too cynical, but it almost seems like the LOA teachings which are partly intended to keep you consuming and looking for the answer? Maybe if I buy his other book it'll all make sense :rofl:

I felt I was too close to get an answer so asked my boyfriend. He described how I'm one of the most tenacious people he knows, that I approach every situation with an open heart, and openly give people the best advice I can as I want everyone to succeed. This doesn't seem to fit the descriptions of unique ability I've read though. I only begun being tenacious when I was around 12 (after I got my first job), approaching every situation with an open heart when I was like, 20, and I've only been openly giving people advice with the hopes it'll help them for a couple of years. When I finished school (16) I'd already made enough money that people asked me about it, came to me for advice, but I couldn't give them an answer as I didn't know where to start. So I'm fairly sure it's not the latter two.

So do you think there is any truth to unique ability and that it's worth figuring out or is the talk of one special skill that's been there through your life that comes easy, is useful to those around you, and produces the highest amount of abundance and satisfaction just a myth?

I think there's some truth to this but...

What if you have to retrain yourself because your unique ability is no longer valuable or is no longer as valuable as you'd like it to be?

@ChickenHawk recently decided to stop writing fiction because the job no longer pays well enough to justify her investment in it. It's pretty clear that writing fiction is her unique ability, yet what happens now that her skill is no longer valued as much as before?

What if your unique ability is heavily reliant on your physical health/youth and you won't be able to do it as well when you're older? Many pro athletes struggle a lot when they're forced to end their professional career.

What if your unique ability is a low-value task like bartending?

Then there's this problem that your unique ability might be too narrow or too abstract to be valuable.

All the above challenges can make you hate your supposed "unique ability" and/or waste your time chasing it while something "less" of a unique ability could work better for you.

For example, I believe that writing might be my unique ability. I particularly specialize in non-fiction writing but I'm far from being great at it even though I have well over a decade of experience. I'm just better than someone who writes rarely. But is it really my unique ability? How unique is it? Pretty much every single renowned non-fiction author is way, way above my skills.

And is it really my unique ability (that comes easily to me and brings me satisfaction) if I don't want to do it for free? I greatly reduced time spent writing as I realized that just like in @ChickenHawk's case, my efforts haven't been rewarded sufficiently and that I'm trying to compete with thousands of people who are way more obsessed about it than I am.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Maybe listen to the radio interview I did a few years ago.

I’m not so interested in unique anything. More about finding out what my superpowers are, and ideally stacking them to create my high ground.

I’ve done a few personality profiling things and they’ve been fascinating.

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I think there's some truth to this but...

What if you have to retrain yourself because your unique ability is no longer valuable or is no longer as valuable as you'd like it to be?

@ChickenHawk recently decided to stop writing fiction because the job no longer pays well enough to justify her investment in it. It's pretty clear that writing fiction is her unique ability, yet what happens now that her skill is no longer valued as much as before?

What if your unique ability is heavily reliant on your physical health/youth and you won't be able to do it as well when you're older? Many pro athletes struggle a lot when they're forced to end their professional career.

What if your unique ability is a low-value task like bartending?

Then there's this problem that your unique ability might be too narrow or too abstract to be valuable.

All the above challenges can make you hate your supposed "unique ability" and/or waste your time chasing it while something "less" of a unique ability could work better for you.

For example, I believe that writing might be my unique ability. I particularly specialize in non-fiction writing but I'm far from being great at it even though I have well over a decade of experience. I'm just better than someone who writes rarely. But is it really my unique ability? How unique is it? Pretty much every single renowned non-fiction author is way, way above my skills.

And is it really my unique ability (that comes easily to me and brings me satisfaction) if I don't want to do it for free? I greatly reduced time spent writing as I realized that just like in @ChickenHawk's case, my efforts haven't been rewarded sufficiently and that I'm trying to compete with thousands of people who are way more obsessed about it than I am.

Indeed I did see ChickenHawk's comment and feel you on the value prospect of any given skill. It seems the argument by the authors/teachers pushing it is that by focusing on this 'unique ability' concept you get the most results for the least amount of time put in, the work doesn't seem like work so you don't get bored, and you easily thrive.

I guess in terms of bartending it could be argued that the most committed and skilful found ways to increase their value such as content creators like Steve the Bartender or the instructors selling thousands of their Udemy course. I don't think it fits the concept of unique ability described by Strategic Coach, Gay Hendricks et al. though - another reason I'm not sure it's actually a thing!

Were you always interested in writing, sharing knowledge, from a young age? As you said it really could be that it's just a skill you honed in on and have a lot of experience in, as opposed to some innate essence.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
What's your reason for wanting to ditch Android/iOS?

For me I'd love a phone that either used a simplified OS or old school form factor e.g. BlackBerry (less screen, more keyboard) to decrease use and increase productivity. Sadly even the latest (and by latest I mean 2018) Blackberry with a keyboard is still desirable to consumers and used ones cost as much as a mid-top spec 2021 phone. New ones literally cost as much as those new Samsung flippy ones haha

So many "services" running in the background that send/receive data without my knowing or even allowing it.

I'm locked out of controlling my own hardware and software - this is not the way for me.

I got a $2000 piece of hardware in my pocket that doesn't serve ME, it serves the puppeteers that benefit from selling every bit of information about me to the highest bidders, including shady governments and "federal agencies" without my knowing or my consent.

Linux sucks. Privacy ROMs for Android suck. Android is OK, but might as well be called NSA phone. Apple says they give a damn about privacy and have publicly done things that support their claim, but they still collect data.

Linux is legit - but it is highly customizable and requires a lot of patience. It isn't a plug and play type of product, but with root access, simplified file structures, and easily manageable services/software you can very quickly gain godlike powers over your machine. If you've given up on it, you might have done so too early. In my honest opinion, it is well worth the learning curve.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019

The uniqueness of the ability in my opinion stems from the uniqueness of your life experience.

It's absolutely worth figuring out - but it doesn't come the way most believe. It has come to me from continuing to pursue the thing that I am curious about.

Everything is linked together, and everything you do brings you one step closer to alignment with your intuition and the universal intelligence that runs through you. I call this the spiral connection.

By continuously following the next thing I believe to be the most important, I discover another piece of the puzzle. As I keep pushing forward, exploring the ideas that make my head spin with excitement, I inch closer and closer to "my potential" if you'd like to call it that. Along the way, as I spiral along different ideas, I feel more empowered, I feel more connected to myself and my surroundings, and I feel more confident in what I am doing.

Along the way, my health has gotten to it's best shape ever, my relationship with my friends and family continuously improves, my relationship with myself and the universe continues to strengthen, and this further strengthens my belief that I am indeed following my path according to what's uniquely mine, which is the direction my intuition is leading me down.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I guess in terms of bartending it could be argued that the most committed and skilful found ways to increase their value such as content creators like Steve the Bartender or the instructors selling thousands of their Udemy course. I don't think it fits the concept of unique ability described by Strategic Coach, Gay Hendricks et al. though - another reason I'm not sure it's actually a thing!

Yeah that's actually another ability. It's like telling a writer that the best way to increase their value is to teach writing. But writing and teaching how to write are two different things.

Were you always interested in writing, sharing knowledge, from a young age? As you said it really could be that it's just a skill you honed in on and have a lot of experience in, as opposed to some innate essence.

Yes. Which only proves that like you said, it isn't anything innate. I think it can become a trap (it has in my case) that you refuse to try other things because you don't want to stray too far off your unique ability. But this way, through clinging to this old identity, you're closing yourself to learning new stuff and potentially reinventing yourself.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
View attachment 40119

---

One of many reasons I don't like rental real estate... in some areas, the control over the asset is encumbered by too many laws and thick bureaucratic processes. It's an industry where you are labeled evil, and your customers are the saints, no matter how much they screw you. Too much a headache for too little net dollars.

Do you guys believe in the concept of 'unique ability'? 'Your innate gift. The essence you bring to all scenarios in which you thrive and likely come so easy to you, something that is also useful to people around you'.

No, as I wrote in TGRRE is that The Force Doesn't Awaken. Thinking that everyone has some great skill/talent hidden or buried within them only promotes a fixed, do-nothing mindset. I'm not good at that! While a half of 1% of the population my have some type of "gift" -- the rest of us are stuck honing it, or being unremarkable in everything. Talent is earned, not birthed.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
One of many reasons I don't like rental real estate... in some areas, the control over the asset is encumbered by too many laws and thick bureaucratic processes. It's an industry where you are labeled evil, and your customers are the saints, no matter how much they screw you. Too much a headache for too little net dollars.

That was one of the reasons why I decided against buying rental apartments. I mean, you could theoretically hire a property manager but if your tenant decides to become a squatter, good luck enjoying your life as you fight them in court... All for a few hundred bucks a month...

I vastly prefer investing in REITs or P2P real estate loans where I don't have to do anything and can diversify in a way that investing directly doesn't give you.

No, as I wrote in TGRRE is that The Force Doesn't Awaken. Thinking that everyone has some great talent hidden or buried within them only promotes a fixed, do-nothing mindset. I'm not good at that! While a half % of the population my have some type of "gift" -- the rest of us are stuck honing it, or being unremarkable in everything. Talent is earned, not birthed.

I can relate to that. I guess that people mostly say it when they don't have any apparent talents but I think it's also dangerous when they do and start believing they can't do anything else. For example, a pro surfer who thinks that he's only good at surfing because it's his gift and nothing else will work for him. Or a guy who's been in a dying industry for two decades thinking that he can't learn about a new industry because he has invested so much time in that old, dying one.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Who here has read the Spartacus Letter released yesterday? Quite daunting... Please educate yourself and your peers.

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Yes. Which only proves that like you said, it isn't anything innate. I think it can become a trap (it has in my case) that you refuse to try other things because you don't want to stray too far off your unique ability. But this way, through clinging to this old identity, you're closing yourself to learning new stuff and potentially reinventing yourself.
No, as I wrote in TGRRE is that The Force Doesn't Awaken. Thinking that everyone has some great skill/talent hidden or buried within them only promotes a fixed, do-nothing mindset. I'm not good at that! While a half % of the population my have some type of "gift" -- the rest of us are stuck honing it, or being unremarkable in everything. Talent is earned, not birthed.
Makes sense. Taking a step back and checking out the author revealed a lot too. With 81 books written over 30 years it's not too surprising to find something which, although he found useful to his situation, is more of a specificity to his life than an essential step in the teaching of the book.

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Who here has read the Spartacus Letter released yesterday? Quite daunting... Please educate yourself and your peers.
What's the Spartacus Letter?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

View attachment 40119

---

When the government itself is economically illiterate, disaster is not far away!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

No, as I wrote in TGRRE is that The Force Doesn't Awaken. Thinking that everyone has some great skill/talent hidden or buried within them only promotes a fixed, do-nothing mindset. I'm not good at that! While a half % of the population my have some type of "gift" -- the rest of us are stuck honing it, or being unremarkable in everything. Talent is earned, not birthed.
Luckily, I live in a "backwards" part of the US where property rights are still respected and if you own something, law enforcement and local officials respect that.

Love the bit about talent. Even when you do have talent (everyone has some sort of talent, I believe), it will get you absolutely nowhere without honing it, taking action, and doing the work.

Talent gets you a trophy without effort in the amateur leagues, but it will never take you pro. Hard work does that!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

One of the greatest fight I have ever witnessed.

"I am a normal human being. I’ve said a time and time again, just hard work got me where I am. Anyone could do what I’ve done. Anyone. Sky is the limit for any of you." By Volkanovski

Volkanovski vs. Ortega

View: https://youtu.be/5wIPYVN4Bd8?t=70

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

Rob Braxman is a youtuber who has a lot of good advice for how to do this kind of thing as well as recommended gadgets:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
View attachment 40119

---

I think the tide of public opinion is being expertly swayed against landlords the same way it was back in the Chinese Cultural Revolution. I wouldn't touch rental property ownership with a 10-foot-pole right now, in any country.

Just one example:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wru-eVJYLtY

What's the Spartacus Letter?
Just the most comprehensive, well-articulated rehearsal of at all the puzzle pieces that I've seen so far.

Here's a link (you will need to replace "covid" in the URL with normal lowercase letters in order to open it.
https://www.zerohedge.com/C0VlD-19/...-here-spartacus-covid-letter-thats-gone-viral

Here's a link to the original PDF doc (again, same deal with replacing the letters, as the forum autocorrects this word)
https://www.docdroid.net/kZZXcGS/C0VlD-19-the-spartacus-letter-pdf

If you want a clickable link, it's currently also the first result at this search results page:

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Difficult to get fuel where I am in the uk currently since Friday last week, have had to cancel work this week (fuel dependant biz).
I wonder if this could be coming soon...

View: https://youtu.be/sXHtKX2-1yU

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.