Has anybody here successfully ditched Android/iOS from mobile device usage?
The only viable solution I see at the moment are devices like the Librem 5 USA with Linux-based OS, kill switches for data transmission, removable battery, and chipsets manufactured in the US. The price tag and delivery times on these are a little high, and I'm hoping to find a more convenient and immediate solution.
Best case would be a Librem 5, but I would also settle for ditching the "smart phone" experience entirely to replace with a simple device purely to make calls/receive SMS.
Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!
What's your reason for wanting to ditch Android/iOS?
For me I'd love a phone that either used a simplified OS or old school form factor e.g. BlackBerry (less screen, more keyboard) to decrease use and increase productivity. Sadly even the latest (and by latest I mean 2018) Blackberry with a keyboard is still desirable to consumers and used ones cost as much as a mid-top spec 2021 phone. New ones literally cost as much as those new Samsung flippy ones haha
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?



