The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
F*ck 2021. In July, I went to the airport to pick up one of my best friends and they didn't show up after their flight landed. I was kind of annoyed and confused and then found out ten minutes later that they F*cking died in a fall the day before on the second-to-last day of their trip. A month ago, my aunt died after two weeks on a ventilator. It wasn't unexpected, but she was only 59. Today, one of my neighbors/someone who was very formative in my teenage years died and I didn't even know he was sick or on a ventilator. I am so sick of people dying and I am exhausted from the toll it is taking on everyone around me, especially those closest to me.

Two of these people were young, more ambitious, and more valuable to the world than 99% of people I know and that F*cking sucks. They both strived to be the best versions of themselves they could be only to die at 28 and 49. I truly do not get it and I am completely done with this year. /rant

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Two of these people were young, more ambitious, and more valuable to the world than 99% of people I know and that f*cking sucks. They both strived to be the best versions of themselves they could be only to die at 28 and 49. I truly do not get it and I am completely done with this year. /rant

I’m so so sorry for your losses. I can’t imagine losing so many people so quickly. I know it might not seem helpful but.. poetry carried me through a time of mourning when other people couldn’t. These are just snippets from longer poems that comforted me. I hope they help. Big hug.

W. H. Auden
Funeral Blues

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

In Memoriam by Alfred Lord Tennyson (he wrote this really long poem for his best friend)

V
I sometimes hold it half a sin
To put in words the grief I feel;
For words, like Nature, half reveal
And half conceal the Soul within.
But, for the unquiet heart and brain,
A use in measured language lies;
The sad mechanic exercise,
Like dull narcotics, numbing pain.
In words, like weeds, I'll wrap me o'er,
Like coarsest clothes against the cold:
But that large grief which these enfold
Is given in outline and no more.

XIV

If one should bring me this report,
That thou hadst touch'd the land to-day,
And I went down unto the quay,
And found thee lying in the port;
And standing, muffled round with woe,
Should see thy passengers in rank
Come stepping lightly down the plank,
And beckoning unto those they know;
And if along with these should come
The man I held as half-divine;
Should strike a sudden hand in mine,
And ask a thousand things of home;
And I should tell him all my pain,
And how my life had droop'd of late,
And he should sorrow o'er my state
And marvel what possess'd my brain;
And I perceived no touch of change,
No hint of death in all his frame,
But found him all in all the same,
I should not feel it to be strange.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
My Twitter posts are like a fart in the wind, I’m the middle of a desert, with no one around.
I want them to be like a fart in the elevator, impossible to ignore.
Any advice?
reply to people / talk to people that are talking about your topic.

Setup up the twitter dash to show you people talking about relevant hashtags and jump in those conversations.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

OSLO, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Norway will reopen society on Saturday, the government said, ending its coronavirus-curbing restrictions, which have limited social interaction and hobbled many businesses.

The Nordic nation joins a small but growing number of countries, including Denmark and Britain, which have removed all domestic restrictions limiting the spread of the coronavirus.

"It is 561 days since we introduced the toughest measures in Norway in peacetime ... Now the time has come to return to a normal daily life," Prime Minister Erna Solberg told a news conference.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-19-curbs-pm-calls-responsibility-2021-09-23/

LISBON, Sept 23 (Reuters) - Portugal will lift almost all remaining C0VlD-19 restrictions, allowing full occupancy in restaurants and cultural venues from Oct. 1, Prime Minister Antonio Costa said on Thursday.

"As most of the restrictions imposed by law disappear, we are going to enter a phase that is based on the responsibility of everyone," Costa told a news conference.

"We must not forget that the pandemic is not over," he said.

Among the few measures that remain in place, mask-wearing is compulsory in public transport, at large events, in nursing homes, hospitals, shopping malls and hypermarkets. Masks ceased being compulsory outdoors last week.

Good to see a positive trend emerging, particularly considering that last year everyone was bracing for a wave of lockdowns at this time. Portugal is still way more restrictive than Norway but hopefully soon other countries will follow as well.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Pot in Canada hahaha :rofl:

Attachments

• IMG_3560.MP4
    5.3 MB · Views: 0

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
May 11, 2021
Well, looks like my work is mandating the vaccine now with the executive order. No weekly testing or attestation allowed. I need to provide proper documentation that I took a vaccine.

I wouldn't be as opposed if it was a one-and-done deal. However, I don't want to accept a standard where I need to take 50 b00ster sh0ts just so I can stay employed.

On one hand, maybe it's the driver I need to get my business up and running. Fear is a very good motivator for me lol.

In the meantime, I'm going to stall and buy as much time as I can to not take it and/or secure an exit. I really regret not working on my side hustles as much I could have... Too much comfort really is a poison, :(.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Well, looks like my work is mandating the VAXClNE now with the executive order. No weekly testing or attestation allowed. I need to provide proper documentation that I took a VAXClNE.

I wouldn't be as opposed if it was a one-and-done deal. However, I don't want to accept a standard where I need to take 50 b00ster sh0ts just so I can stay employed.

On one hand, maybe it's the driver I need to get my business up and running. Fear is a very good motivator for me lol.

In the meantime, I'm going to stall and buy as much time as I can to not take it and/or secure an exit. I really regret not working on my side hustles as much I could have... Too much comfort really is a poison, :(.
I'm in a similar situation

6fig job that lets me work remote but this is coming down the line any time now. And I've been so distracted by the new insanity taht I haven't been working hard on the side.

At least I've got solid savings.

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
May 11, 2021
I'm in a similar situation

6fig job that lets me work remote but this is coming down the line any time now. And I've been so distracted by the new insanity taht I haven't been working hard on the side.

At least I've got solid savings.
Same here, solid savings and 100% telecommute so I'm not really interacting in the office space anyway.

Hopefully you're able to get around it but yeah, this is a good reminder of how livelihood is not guaranteed.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Is anyone willing to share some enlightening on this?

It’s not like it’s only a few properties like this, there are thousands of them. Do people rent these long term 6m-1yr?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Everyone needs to understand broken window fallacy and how it applies to the economy...

Often the “jobs created” are nothing more than unnecessary work generated by bad government policies or natural disasters

That being said, there will never be an easier business to start than when the government requires everyone to use X widget or service and you can provide it at scale... sigh.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Everyone needs to understand broken window fallacy and how it applies to the economy...

Often the “jobs created” are nothing more than unnecessary work generated by bad government policies or natural disasters

That being said, there will never be an easier business to start than when the government requires everyone to use X widget or service and you can provide it at scale... sigh.

Yup... and it makes you realise how incredibly productive a minority of people have to be, in order to support all those wealth destroyers.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Here's a little victory.

I do apnea training (breath holds) to improve mood and physical performance, namely swimming.

Today I hit...
— 3 Minute Negative (Empty Lung) Breath Hold
— 3.5 Minute Positive (Full Lung) Breath Hold

A few years ago I could hardly top 1.5 minutes.

Pretty cool to see!

Last edited by a moderator:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Here's a little victory.

I do apnea training (breath holds) to improve mood and physical performance, namely swimming.

Today I hit...

Pretty cool to see!
I do the same by Wim Hoff method. It’s awesome and I was thrilled when I hit 3.5min.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Here's a little victory.

Today I hit...

Pretty cool to see!

That's cool. I plan to do an introductory freediving course in October. I assume it would be good to start preparing for it now with apnea training at home. Any apps/resources you suggest for a beginner?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

That's cool. I plan to do an introductory freediving course in October. I assume it would be good to start preparing for it now with apnea training at home. Any apps/resources you suggest for a beginner?
I started with a variation of wim hof method (the app is decent), and then just normal "apnea tables" as the divers call it. All you need is to google it and get started. But I ONLY do them lying down in case I pass out, it's a real risk. So NEVER do it in water or standing up.

EDIT: Here's my routine but it's still experimental.
- 8 minute deep breaths warmup
- negative breath hold
- positive breath hold
- 1 minute heavy breathing
- positive breath hold
- repeat as desired, but performance usually doesn't improve with more reps
- at least a minute breathing normal for recovery

then i try not to do anything strenuous for about 15 mins after just in case there's some weird delayed hypoxia thing going on. negative holds put me in this dreamy space while the positive holds give me a lot of energy!

Last edited by a moderator:

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Has anybody here successfully ditched Android/iOS from mobile device usage?

The only viable solution I see at the moment are devices like the Librem 5 USA with Linux-based OS, kill switches for data transmission, removable battery, and chipsets manufactured in the US. The price tag and delivery times on these are a little high, and I'm hoping to find a more convenient and immediate solution.

Best case would be a Librem 5, but I would also settle for ditching the "smart phone" experience entirely to replace with a simple device purely to make calls/receive SMS.

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

The only viable solution I see at the moment are devices like the Librem 5 USA with Linux-based OS, kill switches for data transmission, removable battery, and chipsets manufactured in the US. The price tag and delivery times on these are a little high, and I'm hoping to find a more convenient and immediate solution.

Best case would be a Librem 5, but I would also settle for ditching the "smart phone" experience entirely to replace with a simple device purely to make calls/receive SMS.

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!
I like the look of the "light phone (look it up)," but dumb phones are ironically expensive.

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
Haven't tried but this seems to be the current issue:

"Linux smartphones are not readily available and certainly not yet suitable for the masses."

"Note: You need to carefully check the availability, expected shipping date, and risks of using a Linux phone. Most of the options are only suitable for enthusiasts or early adopters."

Check the comments section, too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.