The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
LOL this is so absurd it can't be real:

a University of California medical school professor recently apologized to his students during a lecture:

“I said ‘when a woman is pregnant,’ which implies that only women can get pregnant and I most sincerely apologize to all of you.”

Remember— this is a medical professor, in a lecture to medical students, at a medical school.

Sadly this is far from an isolated incident. That same medical school, in fact, hosts a forum where students can correct teachers who use terms like “breastfeed” instead of “chestfeed”.

via Medical School Professors are Afraid to Mention Gender | Sovereign Man

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
The real problem is not if it’s fake, the real problem is that many of us consider the possibility that it’s actually true.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Please tell me this is fake...

The real problem is not if it’s fake, the real problem is that many of us consider the possibility that it’s actually true.

Judging by how quickly they censored it, there must be some truth to it:

Here's the original article:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
@MTF
hmm… maybe. Or maybe is a load of crap that’s just ripe for going viral. Real stories are usually less interesting, that’s why media is always inflating and exaggerating. In short, everyone is always lying.
/out

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Judging by how quickly they censored it, there must be some truth to it:

Here's the original article:

And they wonder why no one trusts them on a rushed vaccine.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany

I remember when J.K. Rowling, someone who helped millions of people worldwide with her Harry Potter books, made a joke on Twitter about someone writing "people who menstruate" instead of "women". And an absolute shitstorm started. Just read the reviews on her latest book. There are so many negative reviews, but none of them about the actual book, they are about what she said on Twitter. This, to me, is absolutely insane.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
LOL Joe's Goggins' impersonation is spot on (starts around 0:45):

View: https://youtu.be/Lnst72qzeI0?t=45

By the way, what a pretty cool birthday message. I never understood how can best friends send each other as birthday wishes some generic stuff like "happy birthday." I write crappy rap verses for my friends for their birthdays and they always enjoy it lol.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
It is. If it's not, the policy itself is slowly becoming a reality. The gender police is stronger than ever. A is B and B is A, as long as A feels like B and B feels like A.

It's a very delicate issue. I've been distancing myself from the whole gender debate. It's a lot of mental energy I'm not willing to spend anymore. Let these people do what they want. I'll keep using words like mother and father.

The only concession I give these people is using "they" as a singular pronoun when I refer to someone whose gender I don't know. It saves me a lot of headaches and pointless discussions.
I remember when J.K. Rowling, someone who helped millions of people worldwide with her Harry Potter books, made a joke on Twitter about someone writing "people who menstruate" instead of "women". And an absolute shitstorm started. Just read the reviews on her latest book. There are so many negative reviews, but none of them about the actual book, they are about what she said on Twitter. This, to me, is absolutely insane.
J.K. Rowling gets a lot of hate for being what Internet warriors calls a TERF. Basically a woman who thinks trans women aren't women. Which is another debacle in itself.

Biological women will have it rough if the phenomenon keeps expanding. It's a matter of time for women's sports start getting dominated by biological males. Hormones shape our bodies during puberty. No amount of opposite hormones will undo what nature has done, once we're adults.

But the most disturbing thing is transgender prisoners raping their inmates. It's madness.

I frequent an online forum where there are a lot of LGBT people.

Most of them just want to go on with their lives. They'll ask you to use the correct pronouns / name if you make an honest mistake and be done with it. I have no issues accommodating them. Your body, your choice.

Others are militants who will dig through your past if you make a faux pas. They'll single you out as a bigot if you've been naughty in their eyes. They are the angry lynch mob that is going to relentlessly smear you until you give up. It's an offshoot of the cancel culture package that plagues Twitter—and the world.

Makko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 13, 2021
South Korea
LOL Joe's Goggins' impersonation is spot on (starts around 0:45):

View: https://youtu.be/Lnst72qzeI0?t=45

By the way, what a pretty cool birthday message. I never understood how can best friends send each other as birthday wishes some generic stuff like "happy birthday." I write crappy rap verses for my friends for their birthdays and they always enjoy it lol.
Lmao that's awesome. That's like the best birthday message/gift that anyone could ever get. Personally I get inspiration from listening to Goggins' audio while I take a shower and get ready for the day. Does anyone else do this?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I think we have a few Audi R8 owners in here...

How are the 2008 era R Tronics to drive/own?

There are like 43k euros (50k USD) where I live (Poland) and there is no road tax either.

Seems like a lot of car for a very good price.

With lockdown stuff, I don't want to fly anymore but instead, have a fun road trip car that can hold some value and not cost a crazy amount. From Krakow, you can get to a bunch of cool cities in one day's drive.

If anyone has any buying advice on these I would love to hear it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
With lockdown stuff, I don't want to fly anymore but instead, have a fun road trip car that can hold some value and not cost a crazy amount. From Krakow, you can get to a bunch of cool cities in one day's drive.

Not a fan of such cars at all so that may affect my perspective but how is a car with an interior the space of a coffin a fun road trip car?

When I think of a road trip car, I think of something that is super comfortable to sit in for long hours (this is BY FAR the most important thing as it's NOT a fun road trip at all if your back is killing you), has great visibility, has a lot of space (that potentially lets you sleep in it plus carry more luggage including stuff like surfboards and bikes if you need them), that is super easy to get to and out of, etc.

For example, this:

VW-Caravelle-T6.1-profile.jpg

Volkswagen T6 Caravelle Long.

Of course, parking is sometimes an issue but if you plan it well it's not that big of a problem as you can still drive in big cities without much trouble (as opposed to a camper).

By the way, I did a two-month European road trip in this exact van model and it was a pleasure. I enjoyed the car so much I still kind of wish I had a van as a daily driver even though it makes zero sense. I virtually never have more than two passengers and rarely have to carry bulky stuff. Just enjoy driving big cars (yeah I know what that means hahaha).

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

When I think of a road trip car, I think of something that is super comfortable to sit in for long hours (this is BY FAR the most important thing as it's NOT a fun road trip at all if your back is killing you), has great visibility, has a lot of space (that potentially lets you sleep in it plus carry more luggage including stuff like surfboards and bikes if you need them), that is super easy to get to and out of, etc.
Why not this?

short-bus.jpeg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Anybody have some wins that they want to share? Doesn't have to be business - could be some personal best at the gym or that you finally got that cult started.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Anybody have some wins that they want to share? Doesn't have to be business - could be some personal best at the gym or that you finally got that cult started.
Sure, it was on the inside but basically found out I got my Korean patent accepted and registered about two to three weeks ago. We initially filed in 2019 and had a 90-95% gut feeling that our application would've been rejected by the government. But alas, we got it! :)

Unfortunately, it's past the period where we can register the patent in different countries though. We originally thought that we'd have about a year to register the patent once it was actually registered, but it seems like you need to apply to other countries during your initial application.

We got it though! Never thought I'd get a patent in my life, haha.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Oh look, some propaganda by a "healthcare" magazine about why wanting to get jacked is mentally illness

Most "mental illnesses" are bullshit so that people can sell you pills. It's harder to sell people in good shape, hence pathologizing muscle.

Rot in hell scumbags.

1629994957233.png

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
What the heck is body dysmorphia now?

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Tried bugs for the first time and didn't puke.
IMG_20210821_212326.jpg

Sure you don't wanna give up being vegan for this fellas? hahahaha

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
(this is BY FAR the most important thing as it's NOT a fun road trip at all if your back is killing you)

If you go fast enough you won't be in the car long enough for your back to hurt!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
There's no thinking.
Just tyranny.
I’m so so sorry for you all. I wish I knew a way to actually help or comfort or do anything! I have three pretty decent friends in Australia, one I speak to every week (let’s call her A) and one I chat with every day in a group chat (let’s call her Z).

A and Z actually know each other because of our similar circles. A is having a mental breakdown because of the lockdowns. She was a happy extroverted hopeful person before. She’s almost full blown suicidal now. Her home has been on six full lockdowns.. I can’t even imagine.

She’s actually afraid for me to mention any of that with person Z, because of course, person Z supports the lockdowns so completely.

I have another friend whose husband has been suffering debilitating nervous system problems including searing pain and numbness in ALL of his extremities within one week after the shot. But she won’t discuss it in group chat because our other friend is vaccinating ALL of her children and recently, quite seriously, quoted from CNN to make a point for vaccines.

I don’t know wtf to do.. or say.

I feel like the ppl who pushed this stuff can’t change their minds now, they’re so determined to be right. It’s awful.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I’m so so sorry for you all. I wish I knew a way to actually help or comfort or do anything! I have three pretty decent friends in Australia, one I speak to every week (let’s call her A) and one I chat with every day in a group chat (let’s call her Z).

A and Z actually know each other because of our similar circles. A is having a mental breakdown because of the lockdowns. She was a happy extroverted hopeful person before. She’s almost full blown suicidal now. Her home has been on six full lockdowns.. I can’t even imagine.

She’s actually afraid for me to mention any of that with person Z, because of course, person Z supports the lockdowns so completely.

I have another friend whose husband has been suffering debilitating nervous system problems including searing pain and numbness in ALL of his extremities within one week after the shot. But she won’t discuss it in group chat because our other friend is vaccinating ALL of her children and recently, quite seriously, quoted from CNN to make a point for vaccines.

I don’t know wtf to do.. or say.

I feel like the ppl who pushed this stuff can’t change their minds now, they’re so determined to be right. It’s awful.

The mental health of most people I know is at an all-time low.

I have started doing weights with my neighbour as we have a fully decked out gym now and that has really helped mentally and makes me feel good and get through it.

I had an ''authorised covid officer'' come into my work the other day and ask for my full name, DOB, address etc.

I said to them both: ''I am not giving you a dam thing, mind your own business.''

They didn't say anything and started asking more questions about the business.

I said to them ''look this isn't my place, I just work here, you can take it up with someone else. Seya''

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.