The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Sounds like a need that needs solving

There are already other sites that solve the problem. I don't know how many of them are under pressure from the same companies that are pressuring OF and other places like PH.

I get to gloat a little. Been telling people it was coming for about two years. Got my wife to start moving fans off the platform around six months ago.

The writing was on the wall, but unfortunately, people kept driving fans there. Even now, I've seen people post saying they'll just send dirty content by DMs on OF. But they are wrong.

OF systems are good at catching adult content in DMs.

Gonna be a hard face slap when they wake up one day soon to no income, and probably no account, with all their money seized by OF because they didn't follow the rules and because they let the money sit in OF instead of removing it as fast as possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
There are already other sites that solve the problem. I don't know how many of them are under pressure from the same companies that are pressuring OF and other places like PH.

I get to gloat a little. Been telling people it was coming for about two years. Got my wife to start moving fans off the platform around six months ago.

The writing was on the wall, but unfortunately, people kept driving fans there. Even now, I've seen people post saying they'll just send dirty content by DMs on OF. But they are wrong.

OF systems are good at catching adult content in DMs.

Gonna be a hard face slap when they wake up one day soon to no income, and probably no account, with all their money seized by OF because they didn't follow the rules and because they let the money sit in OF instead of removing it as fast as possible.
For real, PH is getting rrid of p0rn

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
what tools or service providers do you guys use to identify key stats on a Companys revenue, employee size and/or their latest company news (acquisitions, mergers, discussions of such deals, etc..)

for example zoominfo is one I use the trial version of, but would consider the paid version if others can vouch for it.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
r0Bl310.jpg

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
WTF is happening in that Australian post?!?

We need some ships so we can go free these people.. what are they thinking?!?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
WTF is happening in that Australian post?!?

We need some ships so we can go free these people.. what are they thinking?!?

Pure insanity is happening. Via Sovereignman.com:

Two weeks ago the Australia state of Queensland’s Chief Health Officer told her citizens that they shouldn’t shop online. In her view, online shopping spreads COVID because it means the delivery people have to work, instead of stay home to cower in fear.

Now the former Premier of the state of Victoria, which has been under the country’s harshest lockdown conditions, says that new, even harsher lockdowns across the state will be imminently announced, and will last until the end of the year.

Joyful four months ahead for Victoria.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Does anyone know if they are subsidizing income in Australia? I'm rather curious

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Australia has lost it. They're back to being a prison island.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Australia has lost it. They're back to being a prison island.
It's insane. I couldn't leave if I wanted to.

My friends in Brisbane are either Doctors or work for QLD health so not the most enjoyable conversations but we mostly avoid talking about it.

I've moved out of town with a friend that shares the same view as me which has made things much better. I was actually chastised and yelled at by my previous landlord for not getting vaxinated. I'm not a violent person but... I had some anger issues at that moment (which I didn't act on).

Moving 30 mins out of town to a big property with no neighbours has worked a treat lol.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Does anyone else feels like stuff they learned in the past is holding them back?

Here's an example:

I like drawing, but I feel like I'm stuck using the same construction techniques I learned when I was a beginner. I wish I could unlearn them and free myself from their shackles. They are meant to be training wheels, but I can't take them off from my bike.

Usually it's things that served us well in the past, but don't anymore. We have outgrown them, but our brain still clings to them.

It's time to unlearn things.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Does anyone else feels like stuff they learned in the past is holding them back?

Here's an example:

I like drawing, but I feel like I'm stuck using the same construction techniques I learned when I was a beginner. I wish I could unlearn them and free myself from their shackles. They are meant to be training wheels, but I can't take them off from my bike.

Usually it's things that served us well in the past, but don't anymore. We have outgrown them, but our brain still clings to them.

It's time to unlearn things.
Oh you’d love Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain!! The whole book (which is excellent) is about having to turn off our symbol-making shortcut brain and really see things for what they are.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Oh you’d love Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain!! The whole book (which is excellent) is about having to turn off our symbol-making shortcut brain and really see things for what they are.

That book was one of my starting points. It's easily the best book for anyone who wants to start drawing. Learning to see—to REALLY see—is a superpower.

I loved it, and it's definitely one of the things that helped me improve the most. Most other books on drawing focus on shortcuts and construction techniques. They have their place, but as I said, they're more like training wheels.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
“It is said that wisdom lies not in seeing things...but seeing through things.” —Manly P. Hall

"When Michelangelo was asked by the pope about the secret of his genius, particularly in regards to the statue of David, largely considered to be the greatest sculpting masterpiece of all time. Michelangelo responded by saying, 'It's simple. I just remove everything that is not David.'"

A tiny fraction of the people, opportunities, conversations, ideas, etc in your life actually matter - most are just distractions. Ignore the bullshit and focus on what actually matters.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
At the park a local craft brewery is giving out free beer! What an awesome day! Time with fam + an afternoon beer in the sun. Had to share with my fellow fastlaners

Cheers! D45D5B16-5504-4DF4-987E-304E8A3B2D6F.jpeg
95ED46AD-A21B-46A2-8EF9-63C9237B17CF.jpeg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I have a new hobby.

Every time I see a sob story about someone dying of the Cove I click it and look for pictures. 100% of the time I have been greeted by morbidly obese humans. 100% of the time. Mom's kids die: family is 300lbs per person.

The Wiggles put on some nose breathing thing for some kid who got covid, the kid is more round than any other shape. She has down syndrome too, so I am blaming the parents for this one.

Some "gym instructor" who is 24 or something went through hell and blah blah blah. She looks like she weights 270 lbs. Some gym instructor.

Bad things happen, but lets take care of our bodies before we start crying that they have problems.

My car is a piece of shit and the engine seized on me!! WHY DIDN'T THEY STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING????? Excuse me sir, have you ever changed the oil? OIL>???????

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
You're spending too much mental energy on these people @GPM. Why do you care so much? Authoritarian idiots are everywhere. They want daddy to tell them and everyone else how to live their lives. As long as it doesn't interfere with their mouth-stuffing.

They want to kill themselves, they just want to do it in a way that doesn't feel violent. I know because I used to be like them. I didn't care for my life and drowned my sorrows under kgs and kgs of sugar.

Coincidentally a big italian YouTuber died a couple of days ago of heart attack. He was grossly overweight, though apparently he lost about 50 kgs in recent months. Except it was too little too late.

His shtick was eating lots of food in front of the camera. And so many people were cheering him in the comments. You could tell he was a good person, but I wish people didn't give him so much attention. Perhaps he wouldn't have eaten himself to death.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I have a new hobby.

Every time I see a sob story about someone dying of the Cove I click it and look for pictures. 100% of the time I have been greeted by morbidly obese humans. 100% of the time. Mom's kids die: family is 300lbs per person.

The Wiggles put on some nose breathing thing for some kid who got C0VlD, the kid is more round than any other shape. She has down syndrome too, so I am blaming the parents for this one.

Some "gym instructor" who is 24 or something went through hell and blah blah blah. She looks like she weights 270 lbs. Some gym instructor.

Bad things happen, but lets take care of our bodies before we start crying that they have problems.

My car is a piece of shit and the engine seized on me!! WHY DIDN'T THEY STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING????? Excuse me sir, have you ever changed the oil? OIL>???????
I have been doing the same thing, this morning I got sent an article by my sister. They all seem to be fat or they seem to use older pictures (judging by photo quality) of when, I presume, they were less fat.

And every single one has a family member standing on their grave "Urging People to get the vax"

Last edited:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I have been doing the same thing, this morning I got sent an article by my sister. They all seem to be fat or they seem to use older pictures (judging by photo quality) of when, I presume, they were less fat.

And every single one has a family member standing on their grave "Urging People to get the vax"
My favorite are the people who post these elaborate stories on social media about how their spouse spent 19 months in the ICU, 13 months on a ventilator and is now home on oxygen barely getting by.

Meanwhile everyone I know who has had covid has had very mild symptoms, including my 92 year old great aunt who passed 6 months post covid from a UTI due to lack of care in her nursing home.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012