The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I hated school in the UK. I'm convinced I'd have learned more if I'd been left at home with a hifi and a pile of books :rofl:

I think microschools are the way of the future. If you have a few professional friends, everyone taking a half day to one day to teach the school seems like a neat way to do it.
On one hand, I am jealous of kids today that can learn so much on YouTube, etc. That didn't exist before I went to college.

On the other hand, there are so many distractions online - I am surprised kids can learn anything now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Before, I thought I had too much ambition to flip burgers

Now I realize not wanting to flip burgers is a lack of ambition
------------------------
I thought about this because I just took a handling job last month, it's going well and I think that, with this financial support + the skills and philosophy I learned with TFF, I’ve never been so well armed to enrich myself and others, and it's really nice.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Great video for all the e-commerce people here:
View: https://youtu.be/fZb8nsIm4js?si=CYm2S_UcKmF0nGdI

My Big Takeaways:
- The reason he was able to make so much money so quickly was that he was laser-focused on doing something GREAT that was in service to someone else

- Moiz seems intently focused on increasing the reorder rate. Mentioned that native had around a 50% reorder rate when he sold the company

- He stayed in his areas of expertise, which was digital ads and building direct-to-consumer e-commerce companies. Notably, he did NOT sell on Amazon or get into B&M stores. To me, this seems like a huge advantage at the negotiating table.

- Sounds like Native sold one product (deodorant), through one channel (FB), and to one avatar (women) and that focus helped them develop an incredible product and marketing.

- Even though Moiz has had a few successful exits, he still felt that he wasn't cut out for business at times. He mentions that "The reality is, it’s just a numbers game and you’e got to just throw darts at the board and something WILL work. You've just gotta fight that feeling."

I'm curious what stands out to everyone else - especially those here who are running their own ecom businesses.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Great video for all the e-commerce people here:
View: https://youtu.be/fZb8nsIm4js?si=CYm2S_UcKmF0nGdI

My Big Takeaways:
- The reason he was able to make so much money so quickly was that he was laser-focused on doing something GREAT that was in service to someone else

- Moiz seems intently focused on increasing the reorder rate. Mentioned that native had around a 50% reorder rate when he sold the company

- He stayed in his areas of expertise, which was digital ads and building direct-to-consumer e-commerce companies. Notably, he did NOT sell on Amazon or get into B&M stores. To me, this seems like a huge advantage at the negotiating table.

- Sounds like Native sold one product (deodorant), through one channel (FB), and to one avatar (women) and that focus helped them develop an incredible product and marketing.

- Even though Moiz has had a few successful exits, he still felt that he wasn't cut out for business at times. He mentions that "The reality is, it’s just a numbers game and you’e got to just throw darts at the board and something WILL work. You've just gotta fight that feeling."

I'm curious what stands out to everyone else - especially those here who are running their own ecom businesses.
I’ve listened to heaps about him on My First Million podcast, he’s been on there a couple times and they talk about him a bit coz they are friends

Really good operator

Obsessed with cpa daily

Worked out how to design the packaging to get shipping costs down

Had a heap of flavours to get aov up

Inventor001

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Mar 6, 2020

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
I see Musk said AI would takeover all jobs at some point. It's false.

Not only is the amount of work in the world not capped, some jobs will never be replaced because these jobs specifically demand a human to do them.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
@MJ DeMarco if you see this, I want you to know that this is the most essential, life-changing lesson that your books and TFF community have taught me:

1699036311552.png

The very sensation of knowing you can (and must) learn, work, test, and improve yourself, anytime and freely, if you know what you want

This is true existence

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
This guy has a great USP. Fit a queen-size bed in a light-weight truck camper that fits on short-bed trucks. Short-bed trucks have almost no truck-camper options, and lighter F150/Ram1500 trucks can't carry much. It's ready to camp in, no set-up time required. It's aluminum, so bears can't rip through it. He should do really well.

moonlander-truck-bed-camper-is-among-the-lightest-on-the-market-also-serves-as-a-topper-195811_1.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v8nf5d3cD0

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Did anyone notice Banks here in the US had issues with deposits?

My first suspicion was maybe there was a cyberattack. I thought that was a little fishy.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Name a few

Artist. Judge. Politician. Priest/Pastor. Army Officers. Social workers. Several healthcare positions. Psychologist maybe. MMA instructors? Pilots (autopilot is great, but what if instrumentation goes haywire or just shuts off). Ok, I'm going to start digging deep...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I see Musk said AI would takeover all jobs at some point. It's false.

Not only is the amount of work in the world not capped, some jobs will never be replaced because these jobs specifically demand a human to do them.
AI replacing jobs would be a good thing.

There would be no job preformed without human demand anyway. So if there is demand, there is financial means from some kind of human production.

People worried about this are economic illiterates. Which is 98% of people.

Every excavator replaces 60 guys with a shovel. So. Those jobs fell beneath humanity and now holes are easier, cheaper, faster to dig, and despite stuff like that happening over and over, every single year, there are still more jobs than people.

The excavator will serve human demand or it will sit idle and they won't build any more. If there is human demand there is human productivity, desire, and means behind it.

This time isn't different. Jobs change, but don't disappear.

Last edited:

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
AI replacing jobs would be a good thing.

There would be no job preformed without human demand anyway. So if there is demand, there is financial means from some kind of human production.

People worried about this are economic illiterates. Which is 98% of people.

Every excavator replaces 60 guys with a shovel. So. Those jobs fell beneath humanity and now holes are easier, cheaper, faster to dig, and despite stuff like that happening over and over, every single year, there are still more jobs than people.

The excavator will serve human demand or it will sit idle and they won't build any more. If there is human demand there is human productivity, desire, and means behind it.

This time isn't different. Jobs change, but don't disappear.

Exactly, it makes society more productive and creates more wealth for everyone.

Name a few

- Bartender (yes, yes, we have the tech to replace them, but bartenders provide human comfort, not drinks)
- Receptionist (same as above)
- Psychologist
- Priest
- Nurse
- Security guard
- Policemen
- The guy at the nightclub entrance who says who gets to get in and who doesn't
- Carpenter
- Plumber
- Electrician
- Kindergarten and primary school teachers
- Social worker
- Massage therapist
- Pet sitter
- Gardener
- Actor (on stage, at the very least)
- Chef
- Tour guide
- Zookeeper

Etc

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Artist. Judge. Politician. Priest/Pastor. Army Officers. Social workers. Several healthcare positions. Psychologist maybe. MMA instructors? Pilots (autopilot is great, but what if instrumentation goes haywire or just shuts off). Ok, I'm going to start digging deep...
I think AI can take every one of these. An impartial AI is probably going to be taking most government jobs sooner than most other industries. Impartial, hard worker, follows the rules we set. So long pesky humans!!

AI programs can create insane prices of art already. It is only going to get better from here.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I think AI can take every one of these. An impartial AI is probably going to be taking most government jobs sooner than most other industries. Impartial, hard worker, follows the rules we set. So long pesky humans!!

AI programs can create insane prices of art already. It is only going to get better from here.
I didn't say most government jobs. I said politicians. What are we going to do, vote for the Facebook algorithm versus the Google algorithm? I don't think so. That can work for a marketing discussion, but not for Congress.

Every job I mentioned has a human to human component. A relational component. AI cannot act in relationships anywhere near as effective as a human can. Our physiology reacts to other humans.

Can AI do art? Yes. Will people stop appreciating human art? No. I would argue we will appreciate human art even more.

Just because AI can make music, doesn't mean teenage boys won't want to learn guitar to impress teenage girls. Or just to be good at guitar.

Lastly, AI has been shown to have and/or adopt bias. Your idyllic "impartial AI" is a myth from the movies. Think about how fast the AI that started praising Hitler got shut down. Or the AI that created their own language, showing a bias against human language.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I didn't say most government jobs. I said politicians. What are we going to do, vote for the Facebook algorithm versus the Google algorithm? I don't think so. That can work for a marketing discussion, but not for Congress.

imagine if (when) the government AI gets hacked

all my friends pay no taxes - everyone i don't like goes to jail for parking tickets

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Does anyone here use twilio or a similar service? I'm trying to set up a web app that sends text messages to existing clients, not new ones, and twilio is requiring me to wait until they approve my campaign before I can send sms. Amazon SNS does the same.

I'm trying to find a solution that I can use today to send text messages from python. I'm just trying to create a quick proof of concept.

Edit: I ended up using Text Message Marketing Platform & SMS Service | SimpleTexting as a temporary solution. It took 30 minutes to get approved. It's $29 for 500 messages which would be expensive in production compared to twilio or amazon SNS, but this is a good option for getting something small up and running quickly.

Last edited:

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Does anyone here use twilio or a similar service? I'm trying to set up a web app that sends text messages to existing clients, not new ones, and twilio is requiring me to wait until they approve my campaign before I can send sms. Amazon SNS does the same.

I'm trying to find a solution that I can use today to send text messages from python. I'm just trying to create a quick proof of concept.
As far as I know, spammers have killed the ability to do this.

Everybody has to verify to send text messages now.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada

Try TextMagic.

No gay laws you need to follow. Just upload a list of numbers and instantly send a message.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
As far as I know, spammers have killed the ability to do this.

Everybody has to verify to send text messages now.
Try TextMagic.

No gay laws you need to follow. Just upload a list of numbers and instantly send a message.

I'm testing simple texting at the moment. It's annoying having to wait for some bureaucrat to stamp a document to use technology.

This must be how Europeans feel.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I don't understand the business model of this apparent Chinese spammer who keeps making new threads with a gibberish post and a URL to their website. It's advertising that makes you want to murder the advertiser, or hammer their website with some resource sucking script. There is probably some SEO blacklist somewhere for URL's that use such advertising, or there should be if there isn't.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

INNOVATION.

Please SEARCH before posting.