The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
A friend of mine had 3 kids in their 20s and no money… so they had no car, just used the bus.

That’s a Texas problem you describe! You guys always want everything bigger.
Chevy Suburban "seats 7." :rofl:

The giant car seats will completely block access to the third row. Might as well just take it out and leave more room for their "cargo."
used the bus.
Whenever I have a bad day, I think about people that have to ride the bus and I get thankful very quick.

Last edited:

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Most of the people I know are constantly under influence of a product or numbing themselves with it.

Weed, cigarettes, alcohol, sex, TV, social media, junk food, social events, shopping, sports, music, or even work.
100%. Addiction avoidance is honestly goal #1 for success IMO.

Take a look around a convenience store: 90%+ of the stuff there feeds at least one addiction. There's the nicotine section over there, the caffeine here, the sugar over there, the gambling section behind the counter, the alcohol over there, etc, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
Most of the people I know are constantly under influence of a product or numbing themselves with it.

Weed, cigarettes, alcohol, sex, TV, social media, junk food, social events, shopping, sports, music, or even work.
If you're not capable to eat a meal at home, by yourself, sitting at the table, without listening to music, watching a screen, or calling somebody...

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
I just realized that Figma is being acquired by Adobe (for 20 billions!).

It's worrying as Adobe is not famous for its good commercial policy. Figma is a gem when it's about building a first draft/proof of concept. I hope it will stay free: the free plan is sufficient for most of us and the paid plan is 12€/month only.

On the other hand, Adobe's softwares licences starts around 60€/month in most of the cases.

I don't mind to pay if a big company like Adobe is backing Figma to improve again and again. The biggest threat is a lost of independance for launching new features.

The acquisition seems to be harder than expected as the EU wants to investigate the deal for many reasons. Wait & see.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
1698336344476.jpg

I think he should just legislate the entire state to be millionaires. Problem solved, no more poverty!

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
View attachment 52092

I think he should just legislate the entire state to be millionaires. Problem solved, no more poverty!
Funny my sister is sharing a video of argentina's libertarian candidate that voted against "a law for detection of congetial heart disease"... he is so terrible...

Well why don't they make a law against heart attacks then ? Problem solved !

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
View attachment 52092

Congratulations Gavin, now there will be less fast food and healthcare jobs

Anyone with half a brain could see the second order consequences of that

Reminds me of Australia’s version of Gavin making laws to solve the rental problems in his state, and now there is like half the amount of rental properties available because no one wants to be a landlord there anymore

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Reminds me of Australia’s version of Gavin making laws to solve the rental problems in his state, and now there is like half the amount of rental properties available because no one wants to be a landlord there anymore
The UK is going this way. Government is making being a landlord a real PITA... and guess what... rents are skyrocketing everywhere...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
View attachment 52092

Coming soon: Why is my McDonald's hamburger $10.99? They used to be affordable at 2.99!

Pass a new law Gavin!

Solve that new problem due to the old problem you thought you solved.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

He knows his voter base is retarded. He can count on them not thinking beyond the more=good policy.

Make no mistake, it's not about "the people" any more than a hair cutting license is to make sure you get a good hair cut.

It's so the right people benefit. In this case, him.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Just you 'Mericans wait until Gavin is your President!! He is young, and its pretty clear that you can pretty much run to be president up until your 90's. He has lots of time, and lots of ambition.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Tyson Fury is apparently a 14:1 favorite over Francis Ngannou in their boxing match this weekend. I learned my lesson betting on Conor MaGregor when he fought Floyd Mayweather. I expect Fury will win.

tyson-fury-vs-francis-ngannou-poster.jpg

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
623%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
Why is this kid getting so much Hate? I don't see anything wrong. Am I the a**hole? I mean, sure, a kid should be doing kid things, but it doesn't look like he's being forced to.

People are making fun of him, but while everyone's laughing he's building his brand and pulling out big numbers.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
Short marketing lesson.

This ad is near perfect.

The pic shows the real desired outcome of getting a master degree (social status).

In only a few words, the copy removes the main barriers of consumption of the product (namely exams + presence).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-28-10-18-04-992-edit_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-28-10-18-04-992-edit_com.miui.home.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 50

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
Very random observation recently.

I have noticed a bunch of people dropping out of college or going straight from secondary (high) school into construction.

Maybe not a big deal in the US but Ireland has the 3rd highest - third level education achievement in the world. Our whole country is like a Silicon Valley with all of the biggest tech companies in the world.

Minimum wage here is 11.70 euro per hour. 18 year olds are now being offered 18.50+ starting with no experience to work on sites.

I was very young during the Celtic Tiger years (lead up to 2008) but this reminds me of the stories from my dad. People dropping out of school, buying new clothes on a friday evening wearing them all weekend partying and then wearing them to work Monday because you are making so much money you don't care if they will be ruined.

To add on top of that we have one of the most severe housing crises in the world. Our government, funded by corporate taxes from every multinational in the world who set up bases here is now running a budget surplus of billions.

The recent government budget announcements will give me basically free electricity until next summer, 1000 euro deducted from college fees, 750 euro renters tax credit/rebate per person, 14,000 tax free credit if I rent a room in my house. Mortgage interest relief for landlords. Bunch more stuff too that impact families etc. Nearly free public transport for me aged 25.

I really disliked my country during the pandemic and really wanted to move to the US. I even took a trip to NYC recently. However, my own business has been expanding like crazy since the start of 2022 and the government seems to be putting its foot on the accelerator financially here too. In my list of items that I disliked about Ireland a lot of the problems are being wiped away by this government throwing this new cash into solving.
Same happened in spain in the 2000s.

When the RE bubble popped, many ended up unemployed due to lack of other skills (and a very bad economy).

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Why is this kid getting so much Hate? I don't see anything wrong. Am I the a**hole? I mean, sure, a kid should be doing kid things, but it doesn't look like he's being forced to.

People are making fun of him, but while everyone's laughing he's building his brand and pulling out big numbers.
That kid doesn't look very old. He is going to either be a crazy guru able to brainwash the masses by 18, or a business rockstar by 18. Either way he is probably going places.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Important consideration on when to have kids: how old do you want to be when they are adults?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Important consideration on when to have kids: how old do you want to be when they are adults?
Not everyone gets pregnant on their whims though. It took my wife and I a good 6ish years to get pregnant.

It takes some even longer.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Tyson Fury is apparently a 14:1 favorite over Francis Ngannou in their boxing match this weekend. I learned my lesson betting on Conor MaGregor when he fought Floyd Mayweather. I expect Fury will win.

tyson-fury-vs-francis-ngannou-poster.jpg

It was Rocky.

1698537036818.png

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I went to a brunch with a small group of people closed to me on Oct 7. We parted ways at 1pm. The next morning, right after I completed a run, I got a call from my sister to tell me one of them passed away, a family friend. 42 years young.

Pretty successful dude. And since his passing, not one thing mentioned about his career or mojeyrary achievements. Everything has been about people: the relationships he had and the people he impacted.

At the end of the day, that is what matters.
It's been beautiful to see so many people come together at this Celebration of Life.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
R.I.P Matthew Perry. One of the few—or even first—celebrity death(s) that affected me more than just me having sympathy for all human life.

Take care of your health when you're young... You grow old enough for it to matter fast.

He supposedly died after having a cardiac arrest and subsequently drowning while chilling in his pool after a game of pickle ball.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
The Washington Post has a story on the stealthy $250B "content creator" economy.

"Millions have ditched traditional career paths to work as online creators and content-makers, using their computers and phones to amass followers and build businesses whose influence now rivals the biggest names in entertainment, news and politics.

The creator economy, as it’s known, is now a global industry valued at $250 billion, with tens of millions of workers, hundreds of millions of customers and its own trade association and work-credentialing programs."

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

The guy rambles on and on about following passion. Ugh.

IMO, he has misdiagnosed his misery which seems more like a decision-making problem and strapping on some balls to do what HE wants, not what OTHERS wants. Who lets their spouse cheat and not do anything about it?

And then what we find below...

1698592458018.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.