The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The UK is going this way. Government is making being a landlord a real PITA... and guess what... rents are skyrocketing everywhere...
Ireland did that. My wife and many other small landlords decided to get out. Now the housing and rental crisis is even bigger. Funny how making it harder to be a producer makes it harder for consumers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Important consideration on when to have kids: how old do you want to be when they are adults?
And how old do you want to be when your kids become parents?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Coming soon: Why is my McDonald's hamburger $10.99? They used to be affordable at 2.99!

Pass a new law Gavin!

Solve that new problem due to the old problem you thought you solved.
But that will be the fault of businesses increasing prices, not his.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Happiness is living like a king without the king of the HOA presiding over your empire...

Curious, the President of your HOA is likely to be whom?

A) An old x-quarterback of your high school football team who amounted to nothing
B) The kid who got mercifully bullied in high school.

What personality type chairs an HOA?

Oh the horror stories I could share about the legal gestapo...
1698594509549.png

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Ireland did that. My wife and many other small landlords decided to get out. Now the housing and rental crisis is even bigger. Funny how making it harder to be a producer makes it harder for consumers.
People seem to forget that the stuff producers produce, is stuff that people want :rofl:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I can’t stand boxing.

It’s a shit sport that calls itself fighting when it’s really a closed ruleset that is horrifically boring in comparison to MMA.

Francis won that fight aaaaalllll day.

That retard judge giving 96-93 to fury is beyond biased.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
I can’t stand boxing.

It’s a shit sport that calls itself fighting when it’s really a closed ruleset that is horrifically boring in comparison to MMA.

Francis won that fight aaaaalllll day.

That retard judge giving 96-93 to fury is beyond biased.

I expected a comment of yours about this.

It would be an interesting topic to discuss for your next video.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
I've had a discussion about capitalism with two PhDs in medicine doing cancer research. These people are smart, much smarter than I ever will be.

They did not understand that capitalism is not a zero-sum game. They believe that because they are rich, someone must necessarily have to be poor.

This is why the western world goes to sh!t. The intellectual elite, highly intelligent people, are practically F****** STUPID.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I love politics. In Canada the ruling party, who has a minority of votes, teamed up with the 3rd place party to essentially vote the same way and have unlimited power.

So in this frozen country of ours, we have a party that has about ~27% of the popular vote running the show with an iron fist. Some gems they have done?
  • have the RCMP (like the FBI, only with no balls) investigate them over essentially fraud. They tell the RCMP "hey guys, nothing to see here", and the RCMP goes "okay guys, time to move on, there is nothing to see there".
  • have the highest courts rule that something goes against our constitution. Then the ruling party go "gee that's too bad, we are going to do it anyways. And now we are going to change the laws, which go 100% in our favor due to those pansies doing what we tell them to do and vote our way, and once the laws are changed what we are doing is legal again anyways!"
  • freeze the bank accounts of people who supported a 100% legal protest
  • when they are losing support in the polls, they pander to their voter base and remove a TAX THAT THEY CREATED on ONLY the section of the country that might support them in the first place. The rest of the country? They literally say "that is what you get for not voting liberal"
I could go on, and on, and on, and on. What a joke. Canada a democracy?? Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If not having a backbone was a person

No surprise they post on reddit

Who the F*ck picks an entire career because someone else told them to?

People ask all the time here about what to tell this person or that person when they question your choices to be an entrepreneur

It’s real easy to answer when you are committed and confident about your choice

Don’t be this guy and say okay boss I’ll get a job no more businesses because this is what will happen

Belesarius

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 19, 2022
My friend’s brother in law owns this company that cleans high rises with drones.

Supposedly they’re the first in Canada to do it.

I am asking myself why this is not more widespread inside of the window cleaning industry. There have to be some disadvantages with the method. Yesterday I walked next to a huge building, that was being cleaned. Some cleaners stood on a huge man- lift, some even repelled down from the rooftop. I guess this labor force is not your average joe cleaner, and kind of expensive. You also wouldn´t have to rent a manlift everytime you have to do a cleaning job, which is also expensive. There are also other very promising use cases like using the drones on wind turbines. Any window cleaners in the forum that could tell me why the use of drones is not more widespread inside of your industry?

J Mutua

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Apr 21, 2023
Kenya
I love politics. In Canada the ruling party, who has a minority of votes, teamed up with the 3rd place party to essentially vote the same way and have unlimited power.

So in this frozen country of ours, we have a party that has about ~27% of the popular vote running the show with an iron fist. Some gems they have done?
  • have the RCMP (like the FBI, only with no balls) investigate them over essentially fraud. They tell the RCMP "hey guys, nothing to see here", and the RCMP goes "okay guys, time to move on, there is nothing to see there".
  • have the highest courts rule that something goes against our constitution. Then the ruling party go "gee that's too bad, we are going to do it anyways. And now we are going to change the laws, which go 100% in our favor due to those pansies doing what we tell them to do and vote our way, and once the laws are changed what we are doing is legal again anyways!"
  • freeze the bank accounts of people who supported a 100% legal protest
  • when they are losing support in the polls, they pander to their voter base and remove a TAX THAT THEY CREATED on ONLY the section of the country that might support them in the first place. The rest of the country? They literally say "that is what you get for not voting liberal"
I could go on, and on, and on, and on. What a joke. Canada a democracy?? Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Democracy doesn’t exist anywhere

Whatever part of the global that claims to be a “democracy” is just a sham

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
This explains real estate prices.

77051755-12672581-Members_of_Generation_Z_are_moving_to_sparsely_populated_western-a-9_1698354173190.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The media is insufferable and continues to deceive and gaslight you.

Here's a little tip of critical thinking that escapes the average citizen...

If I hang myself, I died of suicide, not of strangulation.
If someone drowns me in my swimming pool, I was murdered and didn't "drown."

This is like saying someone died because they "bled out" but ignoring the gunshot wound in the chest.
1698678546241.png

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The media is insufferable and continues to deceive and gaslight you.

Here's a little tip of critical thinking that escapes the average citizen...

If I hang myself, I died of suicide, not of strangulation.
If someone drowns me in my swimming pool, I was murdered and didn't "drown."

This is like saying someone died because they "bled out" but ignoring the gunshot wound in the chest.
View attachment 52161
I'm disturbed by how humans summarize a life into an obituary, or even a headline. Heck, they summarized it into a word here.

At least this one used a more recent photo. Others used photos from his mid 20's to mid 30's self.

Like his life was nothing for the first 20 years or for the last 20 years.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@MJ DeMarco , the leading cause of death can no longer be named, so it has to be anything around it.

"41 year old man dies in kitchen by passing out and smashing his face on the counter after a massive blood clot moved into his brain just 48 hours after doing the right thing. Cause of death: kitchen counter".

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
@MJ DeMarco , the leading cause of death can no longer be named, so it has to be anything around it.

"41 year old man dies in kitchen by passing out and smashing his face on the counter after a massive blood clot moved into his brain just 48 hours after doing the right thing. Cause of death: kitchen counter".
Clearly, the cause of death is Covid.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I occasionally get fixated on interesting historical figures and do "deep dives" on their lives. Most recently, the drug smuggler Barry Seal. He was incredibly smart, had been the youngest TWA pilot, and was an adrenaline junky. Tom Cruise played him in the movie "American Made". His story goes all over the place. He learned to fly from David Ferrie, of JFK-conspiracy fame. When he was 16 he got his pilot's license, and was in Ferrie's Civil Air Patrol, along with Lee Harvey Oswald. He made somewhere between $30M-$50M smuggling drugs for Pablo Escobar in his C-123 (precursor to the C-130), before he was assassinated. His Arkansas-based smuggling operation was supposedly protected by his Governor, Bill Clinton. One of his drug drops probably led to the murder of "The Boys on The Tracks", where two teens were murdered and the town police covered it up. In 2018 a "professional wrestler" claimed to have seen what happened, so that story is still unraveling.

Here are some Barry Seal clips.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMeBIleLSv0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfubBWNFNH0

Last edited:

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Bought a cheap $6 item from Temu for the first time. What an annoying F*cking website. Yeah, I would like to give you my money, get the 50th pop-up out of my face, please. Even without that, it felt weirdly unintuitive.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Entrepreneurship is problem-solving. And your prefrontal cortex is your friend when it comes to problem-solving, critical thinking and decision making. What’s your DEFENSE to protect your prefrontal cortex from shrinking?

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Entrepreneurship is problem-solving. And your prefrontal cortex is your friend when it comes to problem-solving, critical thinking and decision making. What’s your DEFENSE to protect your prefrontal cortex from shrinking?

I stopped p*rn ages ago. It is now well known to damage prefrontal cortex.
Sources here.

Plus lacks of motivation, self esteem, etc.

Kind reminder to all Fastlaners: stop this sh*t NOW.

Sorrento

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 27, 2023
Holy sheet! I just found out after being in this forum for nearly 2 months that we can even change forum's theme (not a fan of dark mode) I feel like boomer finding new stuff on his phone lmfao, but damn was it cool

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Can't recall where, but I said 4 to 5 years ago that homeschooling would be a huge industry, minting new millionaires and billionaires.

View attachment 52209

Pathetic... or you can say, awesome, 9 in 10 own books.

View attachment 52210
I hated school in the UK. I'm convinced I'd have learned more if I'd been left at home with a hifi and a pile of books :rofl:

I think microschools are the way of the future. If you have a few professional friends, everyone taking a half day to one day to teach the school seems like a neat way to do it.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I've had a discussion about capitalism with two PhDs in medicine doing cancer research. These people are smart, much smarter than I ever will be.

They did not understand that capitalism is not a zero-sum game. They believe that because they are rich, someone must necessarily have to be poor.

This is why the western world goes to sh!t. The intellectual elite, highly intelligent people, are practically F****** STUPID.
That depends on what you mean by rich. If rich means having what you need to live an awesome life, then you are right. But if rich means having more than your neighbor, then they are right. Which definition of rich are you using? Compared to Bill Gates, I'm poor. Compared with your average lad, I'm rich.

The intellectual elite of the West isn't stupid, just lazy. They'd like to be rich, they just don't want to work for it.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
It is alarming how many people are threatened by his intellegence. "You guys are already teaching him this stuff? Why?" "Because then he doesn't need to learn it later, and he asks."

This x100. It is hilarious. People get mad because you teach your own kids something. Why do you even care? I guess it is like when you are doing something cool in your life and people are like "why would you ever do that, that won't work".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.