The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Jan 14, 2023
Very random observation recently.

I have noticed a bunch of people dropping out of college or going straight from secondary (high) school into construction.

Maybe not a big deal in the US but Ireland has the 3rd highest - third level education achievement in the world. Our whole country is like a Silicon Valley with all of the biggest tech companies in the world.

Minimum wage here is 11.70 euro per hour. 18 year olds are now being offered 18.50+ starting with no experience to work on sites.

I was very young during the Celtic Tiger years (lead up to 2008) but this reminds me of the stories from my dad. People dropping out of school, buying new clothes on a friday evening wearing them all weekend partying and then wearing them to work Monday because you are making so much money you don't care if they will be ruined.

To add on top of that we have one of the most severe housing crises in the world. Our government, funded by corporate taxes from every multinational in the world who set up bases here is now running a budget surplus of billions.

The recent government budget announcements will give me basically free electricity until next summer, 1000 euro deducted from college fees, 750 euro renters tax credit/rebate per person, 14,000 tax free credit if I rent a room in my house. Mortgage interest relief for landlords. Bunch more stuff too that impact families etc. Nearly free public transport for me aged 25.

I really disliked my country during the pandemic and really wanted to move to the US. I even took a trip to NYC recently. However, my own business has been expanding like crazy since the start of 2022 and the government seems to be putting its foot on the accelerator financially here too. In my list of items that I disliked about Ireland a lot of the problems are being wiped away by this government throwing this new cash into solving.
Let me go and dream about life in Ireland.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Certainly I don’t have the knowledge to study into the matter on the shape of the earth, but since there is no money to be made by lying to us , and no harm in believing the consensus even if it is a falsehood, I rest with belief with the current consensus that it is round.

It is not like health and medicine where food business, pharmaceutical business and billions of pensions being paid to people who are able to keep themselves alive get all involved.
It terrifies me to think that you don't have the knowledge to figure out the shape of the earth.

We literally have human beings orbiting the earth at all times and have for over two decades now. Just check out the live stream from the International Space Station and you can see Earth from space for yourself.

For lots of people, even their internet depends on satellites orbiting earth (most notably Elon Musk's Starlink).

I need to get off the internet and touch some grass now. Yikes.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It terrifies me to think that you don't have the knowledge to figure out the shape of the earth.

We literally have human beings orbiting the earth at all times and have for over two decades now. Just check out the live stream from the International Space Station and you can see Earth from space for yourself.

For lots of people, even their internet depends on satellites orbiting earth (most notably Elon Musk's Starlink).

So there's zero chance that those humans "orbiting the planet" are in on the scam? Don't astronauts undergo massive psychological "training and testing" before they "make the cut?"

Only push this button if you're ready for the actual truth.

Relax. I don't actually believe the earth is flat. But it is damn funny to act like I do.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Is arrogance your only argument? I am still waiting for someone to explain why they believe they live on a ball without the reasoning being that some "scientists" said so.

I think as this discussion develops you're going to find a number of fastlaners reject ball earth for a very scientific lack of credible data.
The newcomers will come to find that we take a different stance on things:
BB06CE8E-5D6D-4B7C-902B-F42806B8FC53.jpeg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The newcomers will come to find that we take a different stance on things:
View attachment 52058
I know it's a pretty bleeding edge diagram, and it doesn't yet have mainstream support, but many are moving to what the scientific community calls a "clown world model." My findings support this model. (Shown below)

F7dSRkiXIAAOZyU.jpg

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Ya. But the flat earthier say they are fake..

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I periodically take a look at this stuff. I have kept the majority of my investable money in Gold the whole time I have had investable money. Especially with the last 5 year performance, I don't see the point in strapping yourself to a high drama index fund.

Screenshot_20231024_095217_Finance.jpgScreenshot_20231024_095238_Finance.jpgScreenshot_20231024_095728_Finance.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Failed content marketing: X product helped Janice lose 150 lbs!

Then I read the article and X company admits Janice had gastric bypass surgery as part of the story ...

Kinda like saying X supplement helped me pack on 20lbs of muscle in 20 days and then admitting I took massive amounts of steroids.

oneac

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 29, 2022
My plan has been moving along way faster than I had expected, I’m out of a car and inside of a home, an act that I thought would take me months has taken me less than 2 weeks.

How? I borrowed 1500 from a friend. Which I’ve budgeted to get back to him in a month or less

Why borrow instead of wait? The apartment I found was, in my opinion a god send.

An elderly divorced woman is my landlord and she lives above me (I sleep in the basement). So this means no wild parties or dealing with annoying house mates

On top of that she likes me most likely because we speak the same language in a primarily white neighborhood. She even gifted me a crockpot yesterday

900/M for rent isn’t too bad. The place isn’t massive it doesn’t even have a full kitchen but it’s perfect for my needs.

Not to mention, I have a comfortable place to sleep. No more sleeping in my tiny civic

I’ve been treating the house like a child, just yesterday I cleaned the bathroom entirely, today after work I’ll hit the kitchen

I wonder that you fastlaners think of my decision that basically has put me in debt

oneac

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 29, 2022
My plan has been moving along way faster than I had expected, I’m out of a car and inside of a home, an act that I thought would take me months has taken me less than 2 weeks.

How? I borrowed 1500 from a friend. Which I’ve budgeted to get back to him in a month or less

Why borrow instead of wait? The apartment I found was, in my opinion a god send.

An elderly divorced woman is my landlord and she lives above me (I sleep in the basement). So this means no wild parties or dealing with annoying house mates

On top of that she likes me most likely because we speak the same language in a primarily white neighborhood. She even gifted me a crockpot yesterday

900/M for rent isn’t too bad. The place isn’t massive it doesn’t even have a full kitchen but it’s perfect for my needs.

Not to mention, I have a comfortable place to sleep. No more sleeping in my tiny civic

I’ve been treating the house like a child, just yesterday I cleaned the bathroom entirely, today after work I’ll hit the kitchen

I wonder that you fastlaners think of my decision that basically has put me in debt
This also bring me closer to the “stable-life” thresh mark. I’ve been restricting myself from entrepreneurship until I’ve reached that

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Very random observation recently.

I have noticed a bunch of people dropping out of college or going straight from secondary (high) school into construction.

Maybe not a big deal in the US but Ireland has the 3rd highest - third level education achievement in the world. Our whole country is like a Silicon Valley with all of the biggest tech companies in the world.

Minimum wage here is 11.70 euro per hour. 18 year olds are now being offered 18.50+ starting with no experience to work on sites.

I was very young during the Celtic Tiger years (lead up to 2008) but this reminds me of the stories from my dad. People dropping out of school, buying new clothes on a friday evening wearing them all weekend partying and then wearing them to work Monday because you are making so much money you don't care if they will be ruined.

To add on top of that we have one of the most severe housing crises in the world. Our government, funded by corporate taxes from every multinational in the world who set up bases here is now running a budget surplus of billions.

The recent government budget announcements will give me basically free electricity until next summer, 1000 euro deducted from college fees, 750 euro renters tax credit/rebate per person, 14,000 tax free credit if I rent a room in my house. Mortgage interest relief for landlords. Bunch more stuff too that impact families etc. Nearly free public transport for me aged 25.

I really disliked my country during the pandemic and really wanted to move to the US. I even took a trip to NYC recently. However, my own business has been expanding like crazy since the start of 2022 and the government seems to be putting its foot on the accelerator financially here too. In my list of items that I disliked about Ireland a lot of the problems are being wiped away by this government throwing this new cash into solving.
Definitely need more houses here. When a rental property comes on the market the letting agents get 100 enquiries within minutes.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I know it's a pretty bleeding edge diagram, and it doesn't yet have mainstream support, but many are moving to what the scientific community calls a "clown world model." My findings support this model. (Shown below)

View attachment 52060

First they got rid of Pluto.

NOW THEY WANT TO GET RID OF NEPTUNE TOO?!?!

Freaking clowns...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Definitely need more houses here. When a rental property comes on the market the letting agents get 100 enquiries within minutes.

Yes, I'm involved in property in Galway City. We haven't even been listing properties/rooms for rent online for the last 4 years. I have a list of people.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

I don’t have the knowledge to figure out the shape of the earth, but I certainly have the knowledge to be richer than you :poo:

And you should know that those “live satelite” images are as real as a Mario Kart game.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
About two weeks ago I was 100 percent sure that I was going to buy a remarkable tablet. They are rather expensive, but I wanted a better in meeting note taking solution. Before I pulled the trigger, I decided to experiment with my iPad and apple pencil. I was never a massive fan of the combination, until I started playing with an app called notability. This app is an absolute game changer.

I can record audio of the meeting while taking notes on it, and convert pretty well to text. Basically you can note, search and recall anything. I’m thoroughly impressed for like 15 bucks a year. The only thing that would make it better is sync between platforms.

This one app breathed new life into a device that was only being used as a kitchen table grandparents FaceTime device for my son.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwCz5B4bTFw

Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
About two weeks ago I was 100 percent sure that I was going to buy a remarkable tablet. They are rather expensive, but I wanted a better in meeting note taking solution. Before I pulled the trigger, I decided to experiment with my iPad and apple pencil. I was never a massive fan of the combination, until I started playing with an app called notability. This app is an absolute game changer.

I can record audio of the meeting while taking notes on it, and convert pretty well to text. Basically you can note, search and recall anything. I’m thoroughly impressed for like 15 bucks a year. The only thing that would make it better is sync between platforms.

This one app breathed new life into a device that was only being used as a kitchen table grandparents FaceTime device for my son.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwCz5B4bTFw
Yes — Notability is my weapon of choice. It’s also very effective for coaching and sharing concepts — I use it in all my workshops and group coaching sessions I run.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yes — Notability is my weapon of choice. It’s also very effective for coaching and sharing concepts — I use it in all my workshops and group coaching sessions I run.
Of course you do. We are two accounts owned by the same person. Remember?

I think @BizyDad and @Antifragile are also us. Was there a 5th @Andy Black?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Of course you do. We are two accounts owned by the same person. Remember?

I think @BizyDad and @Antifragile are also us. Was there a 5th @Andy Black?

I want to thank me both for introducing myself to the notability app.

But Apple sucks and I will not join this cult. Maybe Antifragile and I can use the android versions.

Also, this forum isn't big enough for 5 of us.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I want to thank me both for introducing myself to the notability app.

But Apple sucks and I will not join this cult. Maybe Antifragile and I can use the android versions.

Also, this forum isn't big enough for 5 of us.
That's the big issue. I am running the Galaxy fold 5 as my phone and a Macbook pro as my laptop. Only the iPad seems to matter for Notability. Maybe the Macbook can do something too, but I never use it.

I still use Google Keep as my lame, but easy, team collaboration notes. My Notability is just for my reference like the best legal pad ever.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
How do parents live with economy cars?

I have the biggest SUV on market and my son already takes up so much of it. My daughter will be here in a few weeks. I guess I need a sprinter van. :rofl:

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
How do parents live with economy cars?

I have the biggest SUV on market and one kid already takes up so much of it. My daughter will be here in a few weeks. I guess I need a sprinter van. :rofl:
A friend of mine had 3 kids in their 20s and no money… so they had no car, just used the bus.

That’s a Texas problem you describe! You guys always want everything bigger.

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hey @MJ DeMarco @Andy Black and fellow fastlaners, I have an issue I don't know how to network with well, as a young entrepreneurs I don't have much value to give, how can i ask for mentorship/advice from people, without making it seem a time waste for them? Any suggestion any thread would be of great help

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey @MJ DeMarco @Andy Black and fellow fastlaners, I have an issue I don't know how to network with well, as a young entrepreneurs I don't have much value to give, how can i ask for mentorship/advice from people, without making it seem a time waste for them? Any suggestion any thread would be of great help
Give, don't ask.

Don't even ask what you can give, or ask for permission to give. People are busy. Don't make them think. Make it easy for them to say yes.

What if you posted this:

Hi MJ.

I loved your LinkedIn post last week about <subject>.

I turned it into a carousel which is attached.

Here's the slides:
<show the slides so MJ doesn't have to open the doc to see them>.

I can make any changes you'd like, and if you want to upload it to LinkedIn then here's the instructions:
<give simple step-by-step instructions>

Hope that helps!

Shubham

<doc attached>

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads