The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Want to be able to choose to eat meat? Too bad, if the German Green Party gets its way...

German Government Prepares To End Meat Consumption – Rations Of Just 10 Grams Daily!

"Germany’s Federal Minister of Agriculture, Cem Özdemir (Green Party) is now moving to force Germans to radically stop meat consumption by limiting meat intake to just 10 grams daily, which is equivalent to about 2 burgers a month.

The German government’s latest proposal stems from recommendations made by the Sachverständigenrat für Umweltfragen (SRU) – German Advisory Council on the Environment, which is set up to directly advise the German government on policy."
Just checked it and this is bs. The whole story originally comes from a very unreliable newpaper in germany that supposedly found some internal documents.
That politician mentioned has nothing to do with the whole thing.

They are also only talking about a reccomendation which you may or may not follow. The meat tax thing is planned to be from a reduced 8% to a regular 19% vat tax thing.

This will however turn out as wrong because the newspaper which made that claim is notorious for taking things out of context and twisting words in people's mouthes.

If anything I would stop trusting that source since they are clearly lying (about the involvement of the German government and cem ödzdemir) and being everything but rational in their reports. Mind you I am not a liberal but a conservative capitalist.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I never understood this abandoned shopping cart problem. I assumed it was about the homeless who use them for carrying their stuff but now I'm not sure. Why are these shopping carts later found so far away from the supermarket? What do people use them for?

It seems to be mostly an issue in major English-speaking countries. I've never seen any abandoned shopping carts in Poland nor do I recall anything like that anywhere in Europe.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am probably the first person to say this:

I want to work more, but I can't find things to do. I have messaged everyone who can be messaged and need to wait till Monday to get responses.

Any quick wisdom on dealing with this ? (This referring to not having stuff to do/knowing what to do)
Nope. You aren’t the first.

I talk about putting balls in other people’s courts all the time. I really don’t like having task items on my list, so I cross them off and do one of two things.

1. Enjoy the day.
Or
2. Lead the business forward.

I like to do both. I’m on my own timeline, I don’t need to be pedal to the metal all the time. And I’m generally not, but I’ll grow as big as I can while not sacrificing the life I enjoy. (Listen to the “don’t sell thrive” episode of KKRS)

You’ll never run out of things to do if you’re moving the business forward. In your case, it might be spending some time taking a division of the business on, or exploring new opportunities that the business is uniquely capable of serving.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Nope. You aren’t the first.

I talk about putting balls in other people’s courts all the time. I really don’t like having task items on my list, so I cross them off and do one of two things.

1. Enjoy the day.
Or
2. Lead the business forward.

I like to do both. I’m on my own timeline, I don’t need to be pedal to the metal all the time. And I’m generally not, but I’ll grow as big as I can while not sacrificing the life I enjoy. (Listen to the “don’t sell thrive” episode of KKRS)

You’ll never run out of things to do if you’re moving the business forward. In your case, it might be spending some time taking a division of the business on, or exploring new opportunities that the business is uniquely capable of serving.
Thanks a lot for this reply. That thinking angle of something the business is capable of serving made me think of a whole channel we could make use of.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think we've reached peak information saturation when we need organizers for our organizers.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak and @Subsonic sound like they have time to spare... ;)
Sure do. Almost always do.

Admittedly I could push harder like some of the Red Bull slamming copywriters working every waking hour, but that sounds like work to me.

I don’t sell the thrive.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think most entrepreneurs spend too much time in our own heads thinking about the psychology of the important emails we send.

“Did I say I too much?” “Will this be a good time to send it?” “Am I being annoying?”

In my opinion it’s best to just clearly communicate and launch it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

“U.S. — With Pride Month coming to a close, corporations are making preparations to return to their usual amount of gayness.

"We'll still be gay, but just baseline gay," said Walgreens CEO Rosalind Brewer.”

:rofl:

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

“U.S. — With Pride Month coming to a close, corporations are making preparations to return to their usual amount of gayness.

"We'll still be gay, but just baseline gay," said Walgreens CEO Rosalind Brewer.”

:rofl:

Corporations in 3...2...1...
Captura de pantalla 2023-07-03 a la(s) 16.56.24.png

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
For anyone that wants a more distraction free device to read on, the eink kindles are on sale today. I ordered one.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
First big win for my new venture: a market stand.

2 weeks of back and forth and now I was sent the best piece of paperwork I have ever seen. Gotta fill it out and Saturday it's sale time!

(Progress thread will happen once I reach over 2.000 in monthly revenue)

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
image-asset.png

Walt Disney's vision for all products creating a positive feedback loop, that would always improve eachother.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Looks like the end of "free stuff" is coming.

Reddit closes their API. Twitter limits their API. YouTube is beginning to block videos for people with Adblockers. Elon says go outside and touch the grass.

They use to say your interaction paid for the services, "You are the product".

They didn't need money before. I wonder what changed.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

Reddit closes their API. Twitter limits their API. YouTube is beginning to block videos for people with Adblockers. Elon says go outside and touch the grass.

Interest rates or something of that sort seem to be making companies and even countries lack US dollars.

The time of business that make no profit and were sold for billions seems to be coming to an end.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Interest rates or something of that sort seem to be making companies and even countries lack US dollars.

The time of business that make no profit and were sold for billions seems to be coming to an end.

Yeah. The cost of capital has increased.

For a decade tech companies could borrow money at next to nothing and throw money to fuel growth.

Interest rates shoot up, bye bye free money.

No free money, no free services.

And they can't tap the equity markets as easily since their stock prices tanked.

Couple that with inflation in all sectors, they have to actually pay more for everything too.

And of course there is the ongoing lawsuits and lobbying they all have to do to maintain their business models in the first place.

It all adds up.

Personally I love it. Easy money is going going gone. That rising tide is sinking. Cut the pretenders out of everything. Now we're playing real business.

Last edited:

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
I never understood this abandoned shopping cart problem. I assumed it was about the homeless who use them for carrying their stuff but now I'm not sure. Why are these shopping carts later found so far away from the supermarket? What do people use them for?

It seems to be mostly an issue in major English-speaking countries. I've never seen any abandoned shopping carts in Poland nor do I recall anything like that anywhere in Europe.
I presumed it was people who live locally and would rather push their shopping home in a wheeled thing than transfer it to bags and carry it home, i.e. the bone idle. A lot of the supermarkets here (UK) use security systems to prevent them from being taken past a certain perimeter, but as they're magnetic strips in the ground (I just found out) I guess they only put them on the path, so if you're prepared to go off-road with the trolley you can probably foil them.

Also, if you need a set of four heavy-duty trolley wheels for a project, the £1 you pay for a trolley is a bargain.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
I heard a quote today. “In your 20’s, you care too much about other people’s opinion. While in your 60’s, you realise that no one was even thinking about you in the first place.” by Winston Churchill.

That hit me hard.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How come there's no chatbot on the ManyChat website?

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023

For a decade tech companies could borrow money at next to nothing and throw money to fuel growth.

And they can't tap the equity markets as easily since their stock prices tanked.

Couple that with inflation in all sectors, they have to actually pay more for everything too.

And of course there is the ongoing lawsuits and lobbying they all have to do to maintain their business models in the first place.

It all adds up.

Personally I love it. Easy money is going going gone. That rising tide is sinking. Cut the pretenders out of everything. Now we're playing real business.
Challege... Let's go.

I stand up for conquering that mf.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Any quick tip for healing quicker from a cold ?
I caught it pretty bad and need to be top form this Friday for business

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
image.png

It all adds up.

Partially true, however, I'd say that Twitter and Reddit looked at chat GPT and realized how valuable their data is. Plus, reddit was losing ad revenue because other apps used their apps to serve content without displaying ads, so they had to be destroyed.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Any quick tip for healing quicker from a cold ?
I caught it pretty bad and need to be top form this Friday for business
Look for artemisia Annua, they sell powder and capsules on Etsy. Madagascar beat covid with a preparation of it and was so good they ended up exporting to several other African nations.

You want something like this:

Edit: Also lots of Vitamin C (orange juice) and sunshine if possible.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
image.png

Partially true, however, I'd say that Twitter and Reddit looked at chat GPT and realized how valuable their data is. Plus, reddit was losing ad revenue because other apps used their apps to serve content without displaying ads, so they had to be destroyed.
Reddit is about to go public, people use that app and they lose ad revenue, and apparently it’s like 26m a year in hosting for the api requests

Apparently Elon has a massive hosting bill he hasn’t paid but I don’t believe any news I hear about twitter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.