The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

ocricci

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 20, 2013
WotC is not very highly regarded in the geek community, but they happen to own some of the best and most loved properties.

It is a good study case for us, what not to do with a "productocracy" or how to destroy it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 14, 2022
View attachment 49564

More concerning, since 1999, the "Never or hardly ever" more than doubled from 9% to 31%.
This Graph really is depressing, most likely reason for the decline is due to distractions and the decline in teens willing to learn new things as they search for their next rush of dopamine on social media like tiktok

(no idea why the keyword social media is clickable leading to something completely unrelated but you know haha)

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
(no idea why the keyword social media is clickable leading to something completely unrelated but you know haha)

They call that monetization.

I don't make a habit of throwing twenty-dollar bills out the window because it's fun or fashionable. When someone offers you money for doing absolutely nothing, I tend to take it. ;)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
IRL admits 95% of its app users fake, will shut down

They raised $200M. A SoftBank investment usually has a big secondary component, so a significant portion of their $170M round probably bought out shares from existing shareholders / founders / management.

It's crazy what some people are getting away with.

Really makes you think about why exactly you are wasting your life doing bootstrapped small business bullshit when there is so much money flying around.

Last edited:
G

Guest06194gh

Entrepenuers and whoever else, I have come to make peace. I got defencive when you all started shitting on me because to be perfectly honest I thought this thread was gonna be super friendly. Whenever I joined I wanna say I was like 40 or 50% of the way through to the book and the forum seemed like a nice place. I just posted a thing here and there without really thinking and that's probably what pissed you guys off, then I argued a little with you I believe and that just angered the beehive more, which was a mistake on my part. I don't wanna fight with you guys, when I posted that alpha thing I was just having some fun with my friends. Cause I was just suprised that you guys were brutally kicking my a$$ in the thread. But the point is I just wanna talk with you guys and have discussions with likeminded people and make it big. If I have bad takes or sentance structure. You can tell me in a manner of your choosing, but I would prefer if it's more positive than just negative insults. And some of you guys on here have been helpful and leaving structured critiques and stuff. This post is just for the people that I pissed off, but have a good one. :thumbsup:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Entrepenuers and whoever else, I have come to make peace. I got defencive when you all started shitting on me because to be perfectly honest I thought this thread was gonna be super friendly. Whenever I joined I wanna say I was like 40 or 50% of the way through to the book and the forum seemed like a nice place. I just posted a thing here and there without really thinking and that's probably what pissed you guys off, then I argued a little with you I believe and that just angered the beehive more, which was a mistake on my part. I don't wanna fight with you guys, when I posted that alpha thing I was just having some fun with my friends. Cause I was just suprised that you guys were brutally kicking my a$$ in the thread. But the point is I just wanna talk with you guys and have discussions with likeminded people and make it big. If I have bad takes or sentance structure. You can tell me in a manner of your choosing, but I would prefer if it's more positive than just negative insults. And some of you guys on here have been helpful and leaving structured critiques and stuff. This post is just for the people that I pissed off, but have a good one. :thumbsup:

People are giving you friction because you continually post low-value threads, like this above. I moved this to the general chat thread, we don't need a new thread for it.

People come here to improve their lives, not read your personal blog.

That said, you're welcome to contribute your personal experience when appropriate, but we don't need a new thread with every new thought that comes into your head. Thanks.

G

Guest06194gh

People are giving you friction because you continually post low-value threads, like this above. I moved this to the general chat thread, we don't need a new thread for it.

People come here to improve their lives, not read your personal blog.

That said, you're welcome to contribute your personal experience when appropriate, but we don't need a new thread with every new thought that comes into your head. Thanks.
to be honest mr demarco I still haven't even gotten used to the website yet, so my bad on that. I didn't know the difference between threads and posts, is there a tutorial for how to use the website?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

constant

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Nov 8, 2022
to be honest mr demarco I still haven't even gotten used to the website yet, so my bad on that. I didn't know the difference between threads and posts, is there a tutorial for how to use the website?
Start with formatting your posts.
Your current writing screams "lazy AF".

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Closing in on a million, likely this week... who will be 1M? Droopynips!? :cool:
1687819084178.png

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
We still don't have software that accurately translates two (even related) languages.

Language is more complex than it seems.

Doing content in two languages is also hell. Much better to scale in one language.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Good to see you back @theag. Sorry to hear about the Meta issues and depression. Hope it all works out.

I wanted to second this sentiment. I don't remember who I was saying it to (maybe it was Andy), but I was recently hoping you'd pop back in.

It's also good to see @amp0193 chiming in too.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I wanted to second this sentiment. I don't remember who I was saying it to (maybe it was Andy), but I was recently hoping you'd pop back in.

It's also good to see @amp0193 chiming in too.

As a recent member it’s awesome to see so many Fastlane legends dropping gold.

Still in the process of catching up on the gold threads in my off time. There is so much good stuff in here. :love::praise:

Thanks everyone! And I know Andy, it’s just a forum haha. Still very inspirational about what’s possible and that there are more Fastlane people in the world.

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Aug 23, 2022
Made three websites to practice SEO & Google Ads about 4 months ago.

Tree Surgeon Website - First organic lead today

Private Investigator Website - 2 Organic leads so far and its picking up good traffic in the last two weeks

Moving Van Website - Around 20-30 organic leads, #2 on Google for the city. Tested Google Ads on this website about 3 months ago and I was paying around $2.50 per lead.

Mixed results but happy I've achieved at least one organic inquiry on all these websites so far. One thing I've learned is I don't want to be a Private Investigator, the two emails I've received have been some sad stuff.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
Cries in european market.

We're laughing but the company I used to work with had an entire team dedicated to translating emails, website, apps, etc as their customers were from 30 or so different countries.

Even Amazon took some time before adding English to their .de store.

And since it's automatized, the translation remains awful.

Then you have all of the SEO problems that arise....

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
We're laughing but the company I used to work with had an entire team dedicated to translating emails, website, apps, etc as their customers were from 30 or so different countries.

Even Amazon took some time before adding English to their .de store.

And since it's automatized, the translation remains awful.

Then you have all of the SEO problems that arise....
I think EEaaS ("European expansion as a Service" for US startups/business) could be a nice business, but very complicated and hard to execute. For starters, to do it well, you don't just need native speakers to do the translations, but native speakers who understand the subtle differences in how copy is perceived, writing style, etc. Then you have different preferred payment and shipping methods for each country, regulation (for example what you can and can not say in ads/copy), subtle differences in how EU-wide regulation like GDPR is enforced (so in some countries you can be more aggressive), etc. And of course customer service is another biggy.

On the other hand, this is why copying US businesses to a single European country where you know all these things and can execute well, although at a much lower scale, still works fine.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 16, 2022
I think EEaaS ("European expansion as a Service" for US startups/business) could be a nice business, but very complicated and hard to execute. For starters, to do it well, you don't just need native speakers to do the translations, but native speakers who understand the subtle differences in how copy is perceived, writing style, etc. Then you have different preferred payment and shipping methods for each country, regulation (for example what you can and can not say in ads/copy), subtle differences in how EU-wide regulation like GDPR is enforced (so in some countries you can be more aggressive), etc. And of course customer service is another biggy.

On the other hand, this is why copying US businesses to a single European country where you know all these things and can execute well, although at a much lower scale, still works fine.
Actually you can just write a book with best national practices, accessible as a content website you pay a yearly subscription to access.

Round up one expert from each country and they'll write a chapter dedicated to biz development in their own country.

Just in Belgium, the customer support of the French or Dutch part will be different according to the company.

Same thing for banks. My bank in another region isn't, in fact, my bank.

*clown emoji*.

but native speakers who understand the subtle differences in how copy is perceived, writing style

There is a whole industry dedicated to this called "localization".

It's fascinating.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The (kind of sad) truth about life is that with enough money, you can pay anyone to fix, build, or create things for you. You don't have to know how to do those things.

HOWEVER, you do have to know how to manage, delegate, lead, sell, organize, finance, calculate, think creatively, diligently, cautiously, take appropriate risks, etc.

Look to Washington DC to see how this works in the most extreme cases.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The (kind of sad) truth about life is that with enough money, you can pay anyone to fix, build, or create things for you. You don't have to know how to do those things.

HOWEVER, you do have to know how to manage, delegate, lead, sell, organize, finance, calculate, think creatively, diligently, cautiously, take appropriate risks, etc.
I fail to see the problem with this. This is exactly why I say that leadership is the most important skill in business.

You can build literally anything as long as you can lead enough people to agree with you that it is a good idea.

Every business, when it grows large enough, ends up driven by leadership and creative finance.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I just started the 100 websites challenge.

I made it up to get good at web development.

The premise is simple: make 100 websites that could find use irl.
Doesn't matter for whom, what or how simple they are.

I know that when I am done with it in a year or so I will be better than I am now.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I fail to see the problem with this. This is exactly why I say that leadership is the most important skill in business.

You can build literally anything as long as you can lead enough people to agree with you that it is a good idea.

Every business, when it grows large enough, ends up driven by leadership and creative finance.
it's not really a problem, it's actually inspiring. I guess I added "kind of sad" because most people are missing the point, and because many people who aren't entrepreneurs will realize this and stop taking pride in their work.

But for the entrepreneur, yes, it is great!

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Got some info for the window washers/service biz people here.

My parents are getting 57 windows washed inside and out + screens and tracks for $395 USD.

To me, that seemed like a great deal, but my mom, who is the buyer of the household wasn't sure. That's a lot of money for her.

She wasn't sold until she asked the guy about pressure washing their siding as well.

What did he say that made the sale?

"If I pressure washed your siding, you wouldn’t be happy with it"

He went on to explain that the material my parent's siding is made out of doesn't get cleaned correctly with a pressure washer. It basically has to be hand washed - which my parents didn't know. In fact, they were actively looking for someone to wash it for them.

By being honest and talking them out of spending more money (and getting a better result), he positioned himself as an advisor who had his customer's best interests at heart. All he had to do was (barely) put my parent's needs before his.

Now, he's got a client that pays him 2x a year for a basic service and has the ability to upsell them on other services. My parents trust him and will likely take him up on his suggestions/upsells as long as he maintains that trust.

Oh, and my parents found out about him because he did the neighbor's house and THEY were happy customers who passed along his info. Do a good job and people will talk - especially suburban housewives LOL.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Closing in on a million, likely this week... who will be 1M? Droopynips!? :cool:
View attachment 49692

The countdown continues...

Screenshot_20230627-102726.png

Will @Kak finally agree to have droops on the radio show?!?!

Will Elon Musk finally comment?!?!

Will @theag decide to be less aggressive?

Will @Lex DeVille accept Jesus?

Will @Andy Black say something cold and heartless?

Will @Raoul Duke say something totally serious?

Will @heavy_industry announce his latest project?

Will @BellaPippin become a paragon of courage?

Will some rando teenager ask a truly insightful question with their very first post?

Will @MJ DeMarco announce his newest book idea? Or a summit date?!?!

Stay tuned. Anything is possible on THE FASTLANE FORUM.

G

Guest06194gh

The countdown continues...

View attachment 49713

Will @Kak finally agree to have droops on the radio show?!?!

Will Elon Musk finally comment?!?!

Will @theag decide to be less aggressive?

Will @Lex DeVille accept Jesus?

Will @Andy Black say something cold and heartless?

Will @Raoul Duke say something totally serious?

Will @heavy_industry announce his latest project?

Will @BellaPippin become a paragon of courage?

Will some rando teenager ask a truly insightful question with their very first post?

Will @MJ DeMarco announce his newest book idea? Or a summit date?!?!

Stay tuned. Anything is possible on THE FASTLANE FORUM.
was that one comment about me?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.