The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
Interesting that DMT is finally getting more study. Says alters brain connections...

I know several folks here have done ayahuasca.

View attachment 47819
Speaking of neurology and the human brain.

I just went on a small vacation for a few days and changed my environment. I am no longer at my usual working desk. I don't have access to my daily tasks. I stopped being busy with work.

My mind started wondering, and I had a very strange thought. I still don't have an answer to this question:

"How much of our lives is happening in reality, and how much of it is happening in our imagination?"

The life we think we are living is the story we keep telling ourselves.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Speaking of neurology and the human brain.

I just went on a small vacation for a few days and changed my environment. I am no longer at my usual working desk. I don't have access to my daily tasks. I stopped being busy with work.

My mind started wondering, and I had a very strange thought. I still don't have an answer to this question:

"How much of our lives is happening in reality, and how much of it is happening in our imagination?"

The life we think we are living is the story we keep telling ourselves.
Exactly. In fact, you could argue that EVERYTHING we see is just what we tell ourselves. After all, all we see is just light being reflected onto your eyes and our brain filters that, it might make up colours, etc.

Mindset might be... everything. Well, that's also why Stoics can live a happy life regardless how "shit" their life is.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
For my first post after the new value to post ratio upgrade, I felt it necessary to provide immense value. That said, I decided to bring,to the members of The Fastlane Forum, my well researched theory on Jerome Powell.

View attachment 47718
View attachment 47719
View attachment 47720

Based on theses pictures, my research, which I have analyzed for over 7 minutes, my theory is that he is AT LEAST 1/8 largemouth bass.

This means one of his great grand somethings is in fact a bass.

Just look at the similarities.

View attachment 47721

I rest my case. He’s part bass until someone proves me wrong.
They thought a potential banking crisis could get this largemouth bass to stop hiking interest rates - but boy were they ever wrong! He didn't take the bait, and he won't scale back anytime soon.

You see, what he really wants is to reel in this inflationary death spiral and prevent a dead-fish economy. As such, he is now angling for a downstream rate cut sometime later in 2023.

Until he can calm the waters, you can just go ahead and net yourself a nice catch on some high-yielding CDs!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Photographers are increasingly getting F*cked.

EDIT: ‘Don’t take away the community that we’ve built’: Creators protest potential TikTok ban in D.C.

It's clear what the US gov really wants : TikTok's data of all its American users and probably other users of the world. Just give it to them on a silver platter and they'll no longer be banning TikTok. In fact, they'll even declare that after "much investigations and fruitful discussions", they found no issues with TikTok with regards to US national security and citizens' privacy lol

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

My experience working with people:

Some people are smart, good with words, excellent communicators, use precise language, read at a high level, etc.

Others make you want to bash your head into a wall when you talk to them. Nothing they say makes sense. Like verbal hieroglyphics.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Any of you guys seen Nathan for You? It's not a new show, but it's a guy who goes around and "helps" struggling businesses. He comes up with a ridiculous idea and gets the business owner to agree to try it. Most of them are insane, but a few actually end up working and making the company go viral.

It's a comedy show, but looking at it from a business perspective it shows you how much room there is to think outside the box and do things differently. You obviously don't want to do something so extreme that it hurts your business, but there's so much potential to be creative.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Make a caption?
Saw this. Respect. Haha

C3B6FF82-5D98-4523-B346-CB03712139A9.jpeg

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I like the G, never been much of a fan of the matte paints and giant wings.
That’s his/her race car. Look at tires. Not street legal.

Edit: I’m not a fan of matte paint either. It’s weird but popular.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Quite a bit of the questions asked by the US congressmen/women at the Congressional hearing for banning TikTok are extremely hilarious!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

These guys need to work as comedians as a side hustle. Many of them seem to have issues even using Windows 95!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Annoy? I do remember MJ did agree in UNSCRIPTED that balance was tough when you are spending more time
to master anything in life.

Found that was the same for myself too.

Remembering my time working with my first-ever digital agency client was a haze.
Tons of copywriting work pouring in from multiple accounts...and I had to figure out how to churn out work, yet
also follow-up with the other departments like design and even the marketing VPs from the accounts themselves.

Didn't really had much time to go course-hunting for a step-by-step solution.
All I could was ask my superiors what was going on...think up a few ideas on what can be done with what I knew...ask more questions...and adjust accordingly. I'm summing up the entire saga, mind.

A Hong Kong trader I know told me over hotpot once that to learn the markets...he spent almost every hour at the charts and the trading module. Morning was on the Malaysia markets or Hang Seng HSI (if local market was sleepy that day)...night was on US markets.

Crazy overdrive, but now when he shares his trades...he has some of the quickest trader reflexes I know.
When its time to take profits or cut, he will do it without hesitation.

Quite a bit of the questions asked by the US congressmen/women at the Congressional hearing for banning TikTok are extremely hilarious!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

These guys need to work as comedians as a side hustle. Many of them seem to have issues even using Windows 95!
I am shocked at how they seemed to lack entire research teams to help with the questions...

How the F*ck are grown men asking if TikTok can operate with WIFI? Or if the CEO answers to China as natives do...when he is a Singaporean...

But this is not the first time Congress sessions have been total screwballs.

@Antifragile @BizyDad @heavy_industry @Lex DeVille

I want to take a moment and appreciate you guys for all your recent contributions to the forum.

Thank you.
Amen to that, although some of the discussions got heaty.

Also pleasantly surprised to see @Vigilante up and about again. I still remember your thread on the sandwich cafe.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I am shocked at how they seemed to lack entire research teams to help with the questions...

How the F*ck are grown men asking if TikTok can operate with WIFI? Or if the CEO answers to China as natives do...when he is a Singaporean...

But this is not the first time Congress sessions have been total screwballs.

The weird, funny questions are one thing. Seems that they already made up their minds way before the hearing and it's all just a ceremonial show. Half the time they don't even let him explain or complete the sentences, they kept butting in three to five words into the sentences lol The hearing also reeks of xenophobia and racism.

The funny questions they asked is similar to the ones posed to Zuckerberg previously. I remember they were asking dumb questions about tech which any white collar person should know :rofl:

Also, the fact that they got the CEO name wrongly (actually looks like they changed it entirely) is another strange thing, not just in congress but some of the reporters as well. They cut out the middle character in his name and joined the surname and last character together to form a different name lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
A spoiler makes a a lot of sense on a vehicle with 240 mm ground clearance. :shit:

700 horsepower doesn’t make sense for 90 mph highways either as cool as it is.

I’m the lame old 33 year old man that would rather have a slightly more efficient vehicle than a ton of engine. We have a GLS 450 and it’s honestly a rocket as far as I’m concerned. It’s cheaper to insure. Gets like 2-3 mpg better than the 550 or AMG and I also run it on regular to a lot of people’s dismay. :rofl:

Seriously can’t do that on an AMG brabus with ridiculously advanced timing.

If I was buying a G wagon I’d get the 450 or whatever is cheapest as long as it still came with all the jeepy locker hardware.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Seems that they already made up their minds way before the hearing and it's all just a ceremonial show.

Welcome to the US government, a kabuki theater clown show.

Belesarius

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 19, 2022
700 horsepower doesn’t make sense for 90 mph highways either as cool as it is.

I’m the lame old 33 year old man that would rather have a slightly more efficient vehicle than a ton of engine. We have a GLS 450 and it’s honestly a rocket as far as I’m concerned. It’s cheaper to insure. Gets like 2-3 mpg better than the 550 or AMG and I also run it on regular to a lot of people’s dismay. :rofl:

Seriously can’t do that on an AMG brabus with ridiculously advanced timing.

If I was buying a G wagon I’d get the 450 or whatever is cheapest as long as it still came with all the jeepy locker hardware.
Brabus is german tuner and sells most of its cars in Germany so it makes a little bit more sense to purchase it there because of the unrestricted parts on the Autobahn (german highway). Once a G wagon Brabus passed me like a rocket going 300 kilometers/h lol. GLS is a very nice car congratulations, quite on the luxurious side isn´t it?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
which is why many people are nwoadays recommending paths that take 10+ years to build wealth
Who?

I’m usually concerned with the paths that never build wealth, so I know you’re not talking about me. :rofl:;)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Who?

I’m usually concerned with the paths that never build wealth, so I know you’re not talking about me. :rofl:;)
Cheers to that!

Have a nice weekend ya’all

FF9BA540-318E-42B1-A6C4-C019B3AA0A22.jpeg

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Yay! An empty bowl and an empty wine glass with a glass of water!

Mimosa! You blind man ;)

What you are saying is that photography is not my fast lane business exit plan?! Fine! I'll try drop shipping and MLM...

:clench:

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
335406907_152766744359127_93928246527201153_n.jpg
Thank you for this, really is one of those "wow" moments.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
That bowl looks like a very healthy meal!
No added sugar, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, low calories.

The perfect breakfast!
Trust you to always have something witty to say :rofl:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
Agreed, but it’s missing the crickets and cockroach milk!! Mmmm, tasty!
Those are only served at the restaurant where you don't own anything, and you are happy.

To enter the restaurant you need a valid ID card, face mask, and have been vaxinated at least 5 times in the last 24 hours.

And you'll need to use public transportation to get there. No unnecessary CO2 emissions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.