The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I have trained my kids to think water is the greatest beverage on the planet. Which is actually true. They are both barely more than toddlers.

Every time they have water they go "ahhhh, yummy water".

My wife is not a big water drinker, my kids make sure to let her know how good water is at every opportunity. "Hey mom, guess what is the best drink? Water!"

Wife: "What do you guys want to drink with lunch"
Everyone else in the family: "Water. What else could there be to drink that is better?"

Although we try to avoid drinking it out of the hose.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Never had an urge to sign up for the paid version of ChatGPT in order to access ChatGPT 4 until I came across the tweet by Jackson above. Now I'm sold. I'll give this a try. I hope my headache next month will be what is the color of my Bugatti?
I’ve been using it as a sounding board for ideas for a while now. I’m still not sure I trust it to write content or anything, but since I’m doing this authority project, I’m going to see if there’s places it can help me. Will report in my progress thread how it goes.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I’ve been using it as a sounding board for ideas for a while now. I’m still not sure I trust it to write content or anything, but since I’m doing this authority project, I’m going to see if there’s places it can help me. Will report in my progress thread how it goes.

What's the link to your progress thread? I've been scrolling your profile but it seems hidden deep somewhere on page 231?

Update: I asked ChatGPT the following and it's giving some very useful insight for my X product which I had in mind:

What is the target audience most likely to resonate with my XXXX products? Could you provide information with regards to the demographics and psychographics?

Update: I'm thinking one of the first jobs to go will be Administrative Assistants in small companies.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I have trained my kids to think water is the greatest beverage on the planet. Which is actually true. They are both barely more than toddlers.

My wife is not a big water drinker, my kids make sure to let her know how good water is at every opportunity. "Hey mom, guess what is the best drink? Water!"

Everyone else in the family: "Water. What else could there be to drink that is better?"

A good water filter is the best one and done investment for your health you can make, and aside from being healthier, the water tastes a lot better too.

People think they can only drink cold water because room temperature water is gross, but it’s only because the cold masks the horrible chemical taste of tap water. Filtered water tastes great.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
For my first post after the new value to post ratio upgrade, I felt it necessary to provide immense value. That said, I decided to bring,to the members of The Fastlane Forum, my well researched theory on Jerome Powell.

View attachment 47718
View attachment 47719
View attachment 47720

Based on theses pictures, my research, which I have analyzed for over 7 minutes, my theory is that he is AT LEAST 1/8 largemouth bass.

This means one of his great grand somethings is in fact a bass.

Just look at the similarities.

View attachment 47721

I rest my case. He’s part bass until someone proves me wrong.
He is not an academic like Ben Bernanke and Janet Yellen. Most likely, he is getting private calls from them to teach him how to run a central bank.

Not very pleasant to have the predecessors teaching you how to do your job while the whole world sees it.

It is forward guidance again, which is another way of micromanagement expectations using speeches.

When the market goes up, remind them that inflation is still high.

when the market goes down reminds them that we are data-dependent, so if things get better, we don't have to tighten as much.

Is it half glass empty or half glass full? It depends on the situation and the intended outcome that Fed wants to drive.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I recently went through this as well. Here is a video that helped me a lot.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYxKT2knU5c&t
After I watched the video, my artist reached out saying she would send a draft in the evening and finish up in the morning. So I gave her the benefit of the doubt and waited to see the design.

The result?

A hot mess of scattered pieces rather than a cohesive sleeve that tells a story around my stated theme. I'm not surprised... This seemed like the obvious outcome of slapping art together last minute.

Since the style was based on my favorite t-shirt designer, I reached out to him to see if he'll do the design and I'll just pay him. I should've done that in the first place.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
A good water filter is the best one and done investment for your health you can make, and aside from being healthier, the water tastes a lot better too.

People think they can only drink cold water because room temperature water is gross, but it’s only because the cold masks the horrible chemical taste of tap water. Filtered water tastes great.
The plan is to eventually get a whole house filter, and have all my water be filtered.

I purchased shower head filters that takes out the chlorine and stuff, and it helps keep skin less dry for sure. Sometimes the water here smells so strong of chlorine and bleach from the tap it smells like a public swimming pool.

Right now I am just using a tap-head brita filter that says it removes most stuff, and I made sure it also removed lead as I don't trust city pipes to not be made with that as a component. The filter needs replacing about every 2-3 months. It says it can last 4 months but there is no way with the amount we all drink. Water flow starts to slow down significantly sooner.

I fill a pair of 15L jugs at a time with the water from the filter in the basement, and leave them on the counter, so our water is always room temperature. Room temperature water is awesome. The only time I drink anything cooler is if I am working out I like to throw a few ice cubes in.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I purchased shower head filters that takes out the chlorine and stuff

FYI, many places have switched from unstable chlorine to very stable chloramine.

Getting chloramine out of water is much harder and chances are any reasonably affordable filter system won't effectively remove it. Reverse osmosis is basically the standard from a filter point of view.

If you go to a beer brewing supply store, pick up some campden tablets (potassium or sodium metabisulfite). They completely neutralize the chloramine/chlorine in water. 1 tablet will neutralize 20 gallons of water. After the reaction is done, a quick google shows you'll be left with 3 ppm potassium or 2 ppm sodium (depending on the chemical used) and 8 ppm sulfate and 3 ppm chloride. The reaction happens basically immediately.

I used to brew beer and chlorine causes bad off flavors through its reaction with the malt, so removing it was an essential step.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
FYI, many places have switched from unstable chlorine to very stable chloramine.

Getting chloramine out of water is much harder and chances are any reasonably affordable filter system won't effectively remove it. Reverse osmosis is basically the standard from a filter point of view.

If you go to a beer brewing supply store, pick up some campden tablets (potassium or sodium metabisulfite). They completely neutralize the chloramine/chlorine in water. 1 tablet will neutralize 20 gallons of water. After the reaction is done, a quick google shows you'll be left with 3 ppm potassium or 2 ppm sodium (depending on the chemical used) and 8 ppm sulfate and 3 ppm chloride. The reaction happens basically immediately.

I used to brew beer and chlorine causes bad off flavors through its reaction with the malt, so removing it was an essential step.
Calgary recently voted to put fluoride back in the water as well. I am not sure if they have gone through with it or not, but it will happen.

Good thing we already have natural fluoride, use fluoride toothpastes, and mouth wash may have a little bit in it as well. Yay now I get to drink it as well! I drink 3-5L of water a day depending on how active I am, so the thought of them dosing the water for people who drink like 500mL a day kind of pisses me off.

I am going to check out those tablets, I had no idea. I like the idea of the unstable stuff because if you ever use tap water I could always just leave the pot alone for a few minutes and it would all evaporate out. Amazon has them for $0.11-0.13/tablet depending on the form. Which did you prefer, sodium or potassium?

The moral of the story? Don't trust the government with anything.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Which did you prefer, sodium or potassium?

I think my local store carried the sodium version but it doesn't matter in terms of removing chloramine and neither sodium nor potassium are a problem when we're talking residuals. You get plenty of both through your normal diet anyway.

Amazon has them for $0.11-0.13/tablet depending on the form.

Yeah, they are dirt cheap and last absolutely forever because so little goes such a long way.

They also crush really easily into a fine powder so if you pick up a cheap jewelry scale (or just eyeball the amount) you can crush them down and use the powder in far smaller quantities if you like. Although using more than you need isn't harmful at all either, just depends how exact you want to be.

A quarter of a tablet will dose a 5 gallon jug of water - which is the typical water cooler size.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

If water still remains boring, we can always add something to flavour it.

And it doesn't always have to be something sugary!
Some restaurants I frequent toss in a lemon slice with water...you can also use lemon zest, orange zest, mint...

I prefer tea despite the caffeine content. No sugar.
Entire generations in Asia here run on tea.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Our kids love tea. That's what happens when your dad's English and dad has a Chinese mum.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Mosquitoes are nuts un Argentina right now. There is a bazillion of them, please shill me your best mosquito killer lamp/device. @Kak you once mentioned there are this lamps that make basically a mosquito genocide if you turn them on every night, and after a while there aren't that many, which one is it ? Gosh I might sell this genocide service to the local govt, there are so many.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Mosquitoes are nuts un Argentina right now. There is a bazillion of them, please shill me your best mosquito killer lamp/device. @Kak you once mentioned there are this lamps that make basically a mosquito genocide if you turn them on every night, and after a while there aren't that many, which one is it ? Gosh I might sell this genocide service to the local govt, there are so many.
This is the combination you’re looking for.

And

Demon WP is a solid chemical mix.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For my first post after the new value to post ratio upgrade, I felt it necessary to provide immense value. That said, I decided to bring,to the members of The Fastlane Forum, my well researched theory on Jerome Powell.

View attachment 47718
View attachment 47719
View attachment 47720

Based on theses pictures, my research, which I have analyzed for over 7 minutes, my theory is that he is AT LEAST 1/8 largemouth bass.

This means one of his great grand somethings is in fact a bass.

Just look at the similarities.

View attachment 47721

I rest my case. He’s part bass until someone proves me wrong.
You just broke the whole damn purpose of the new system a**hole

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You just broke the whole damn purpose of the new system a**hole
It’s not like it isn’t valuable. People should know their money is controlled by a freshwater gamefish. The proper way to end the Fed is with Berkley night crawlers and a Carolina rig.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I know it’s hilariously funny but won’t earn me the local power rep! Still, for the greater community good here is a photo I just saw on Twitter.

Dark humor!

DCACAF2F-BFA7-4593-8CE9-B90F6590EAA8.jpeg

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
After I watched the video, my artist reached out saying she would send a draft in the evening and finish up in the morning. So I gave her the benefit of the doubt and waited to see the design.

The result?

A hot mess of scattered pieces rather than a cohesive sleeve that tells a story around my stated theme. I'm not surprised... This seemed like the obvious outcome of slapping art together last minute.

Since the style was based on my favorite t-shirt designer, I reached out to him to see if he'll do the design and I'll just pay him. I should've done that in the first place.

Seems like you dodged a bullet.

I went through several.... SEVERAL artists. I am looking for a specific artist. They all emailed me back. One actually called me. We spoke on the phone and he was really excited by what I wanted to have done.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

335406907_152766744359127_93928246527201153_n.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How to spot liars with ONE easy fact, no, it's not body language.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Wow that hit me! Did you make that or find it? Every day a small action done with consistency will eventually snowball into something huge - for good or ill.

Drink a can of pop every night with your dinner? By the end of the month you have consumed roughly 4,200 additional empty calories (that's like two full days of eating!!!!!) and roughly 1,100 grams of sugar (or close to 2.5lbs for you weirdos).

Journal and do 30 minutes of exercise every single morning immediately after you wake up? After a month you have developed your mind and body consistently and probably built a solid habit out of it.

Those small acts go both ways, use them wisely!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Wow that hit me! Did you make that or find it? Every day a small action done with consistency will eventually snowball into something huge - for good or ill.

Drink a can of pop every night with your dinner? By the end of the month you have consumed roughly 4,200 additional empty calories (that's like two full days of eating!!!!!) and roughly 1,100 grams of sugar (or close to 2.5lbs for you weirdos).

Journal and do 30 minutes of exercise every single morning immediately after you wake up? After a month you have developed your mind and body consistently and probably built a solid habit out of it.

Those small acts go both ways, use them wisely!
Saw it on Facebook and thought it was one of the deepest posts I had seen (I'm suggested a lot of woo woo motivation stuff on there).

Found it particularly fitting for the forum. Very inspiring. The butterfly effect doesn't just apply to the past - the butterfly effect is NOW!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Kak I would say that goes for the whole "Western civilization". USA does not have the monopoly on being insane.

Justin Trudeau just equated anyone against his policy as a Flat Earther. He also said that in order for free speech to be allowed to flourish online they need to censor online content... I wish I was joking.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

The key point is this paragraph:.

• Adobe is planning to enable customers to extend Firefly training with their own creative collateral, generating content in their own style or brand llanguage

The way I foresee this, especially in the later stages, will be companies hiring designers to create the initial foundation of the visual designs which the company need, then feed these designs into Firefly and get Firefly to churn out the rest from there for the whole lifespan of the company. There will probably be a major shakeup in the knowledge-based economy in the coming few years across many industries.

What this means, is that we'll now finally have the time to go fishing and picnic in idyllic pastures while universal basic income gets deposited into our bank accounts on the 1st of each month.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007