The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
G

Guest-5ty5s4

It's gotta be tough being a VC or private equity investor placing your hard-won investment dolalrs competing with entities investing money fresh off the fiat currency printer

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lehman 2.0 moment?

Could be the *thing* that sets off a contagion. The VIX has finally moved in the last 48 hours too which demonstrates that there is some perceived risk. In comparison, the VIX has stagnated in the last 3 months, even with inflation, wars, nothing would move it. THIS moved it, as well as a strong jobs report.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Because than you can load your stuff (wheather the wheels of your dirtbike, your bycycle or your food purchases or whatever...) into your car trunk lid from the back side, which is the only side, where is real enough place to do it without crawling through other cars, trees or whatever. ;)

edith of course no sence witha 911.
LOL, I just made this mistake yesterday. I parked backwards in a spot, just due to the way I turned into the parking lot.

I came out of the store with a cart full of stuff and was like, how do I get the shopping cart to the back of my SUV. Well, I couldn't. I had to put the cart by my hood and carry everything to the back liftgate. Never doing that again when I'm going into a store.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Oh man this is so nice….

Only 200ish kms on the clock.
Practically brand new.

The Enzo is imo the most beautiful car ever built.
That is a beautiful vehicle, and I hope the next owner drives it. It kind of breaks my heart when these absolute engineering marvels are just thrown in storage. Go take it to the track!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 16, 2022
I don't think ChatGPT will be used as much for search as it will be used for output.

Eg: while template websites are now dead, travel websites have still good days ahead.

Furthermore, ChatGPT is not going to kill content creators. It's going to make them even more expensive.

The good VS bad content ratio is currently 5-95%.

ChatGPT will make it 0.5 - 99.5%.

Assuming ofc, that the tool remains free.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
No wonder there was clear skies and rainbows amidst iridescent clouds recently. Because The Messiah is coming as foretold in the Bible.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I think America needs another Great Depression. There are too many people running amok and too many innocent people getting hurt. We need to get back to "You don't work, you don't eat." .

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I saw they found the “marshmallow experiment” isn’t too much of a predictor of adult success as the original findings in a follow up experiment. Which is a reminder that statistics can be helpful but recognize the limitations. Even if schools teach it and everyone believes it. It reinforces the quote “Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.” - Henry Ford New Study Disavows Marshmallow Test's Predictive Powers - UCLA Anderson Review

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
People who park forwards into parking spots... WTH?
I can't see much out of the back of my car, I hate parking forwards into spaces as it means trying to reverse out almost blind. Reversing into a space is easier because there can't be much in it, no other cars driving way too quickly for car parks and random shoppers and trolleys walking blindly into your path despite the reversing light being on.

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
TV & sports documentaries / shows

I rarely watch TV except as downtime / bonding with my wife and even then we're careful that it doesn't become a lazy default (e.g it takes us 2-3 months to watch 1 typical 10-12 part series).

The exception is the occasional sports documentary.

I like that it's not focused on business, but the principles for success are very very similar and it also keep the idea of regular movement and getting stronger / faster etc in my mind.

Favourite by far was the Michael Jordan documentary to see his flaws but also the sheer will /work of the man.

I also quite liked Last Chance U, Moneyball (book was better) and there must have been others that I can't recall right now. .

I'm about to start Physical 100. This one looks really promising & also a different perspective being a Korean show. It's on Netflix in the UK (so probably also Netflix in the USA).

Anyone seen it? Any good? Any other recommendations?

Ps let me know if there is a TV thread somewhere that's more appropriate.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
too many innocent people getting hurt

The Fed has basically admitted inflation is hurting the average joe. So they’re gonna try to get him unemployed and bankrupt instead of stopping government spending and easy credit LOL. But I guess they view it as better for the greater good. The economic data has been strong so that means inflationary pressures are still strong.

What’s gonna happen is they’re gonna get their recession but inflation will not come down(inflation they created).We might even see a financial crisis.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

I rarely watch TV except as downtime / bonding with my wife and even then we're careful that it doesn't become a lazy default (e.g it takes us 2-3 months to watch 1 typical 10-12 part series).

I like that it's not focused on business, but the principles for success are very very similar and it also keep the idea of regular movement and getting stronger / faster etc in my mind.

Favourite by far was the Michael Jordan documentary to see his flaws but also the sheer will /work of the man.

I also quite liked Last Chance U, Moneyball (book was better) and there must have been others that I can't recall right now. .

I'm about to start Physical 100. This one looks really promising & also a different perspective being a Korean show. It's on Netflix in the UK (so probably also Netflix in the USA).

I enjoyed it, the editing is annoying, apparently it’s how Korean shows are edited.

I like how respectful the people are, so different to western “reality” shows

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Everything in Korean Tv shows from drama to reality ones are all edited and choreographed to hell, on a different level than the Western ones. The way they take each step, how their hands pose when they clap, how they tilt their head when they're in shock etc, are all engineered.

The western reality shows, although probably fake too, look more natural to me.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I have watched it. It is an OK show. The way it is edited is really annoying. Because they repeat everything 3 to 4 times.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
In subjects I would consider myself "expert" (i.e. 10,000 hours deep). It seems like <1% of the industry really knows what they're doing.

In your experience is this the same inside industries that you're an expert? I am curious if this is global.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
In subjects I would consider myself "expert" (i.e. 10,000 hours deep). It seems like <1% of the industry really knows what they're doing.

In your experience is this the same inside industries that you're an expert? I am curious if this is global.
Deep sleep? The F*ck is that?
*written by a German student (if you know, you know)

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
Everything in Korean Tv shows from drama to reality ones are all edited and choreographed to hell, on a different level than the Western ones. The way they take each step, how their hands pose when they clap, how they tilt their head when they're in shock etc, are all engineered.

The western reality shows, although probably fake too, look more natural to me.

I have watched it. It is an OK show. The way it is edited is really annoying. Because they repeat everything 3 to 4 times.
Thanks @Xeon and @biophase, I appreciate your inputs, thank you.

I watched the first episode. Found it interesting but also a bit annoying. I think I'll park it now and take the lesson that's most useful for me (in my own contexts, goals and history), which is basically to make sure I do at least some training for all of the main physical goals i.e. strength, stamina and mobility.

Thanks again folks. hope you crush your week ahead

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that there is an "ignore thread" option in the top right corner.
I finally used that for this F*cking you aint gonna make it thread that I see EVERYDAY.
Just in case somebody doesn't know of it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.