The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jeeze guys, can we get this thread back onto random gibberish that makes us all so happy? What a downer the last few pages have been.

Nothing like helping kids to bring the mood down. :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Tate is being targeted because his redpill ideology especially the part on handling relationships with women and stop simping for women etc, doesn't fit the mainstream narrative. That's why women hate Tate. That's why the politically correct crowd and white knights keep hounding him. Tate has changed the minds of millions of impressionable young men across the world and that's a noble feat. Won't comment about his HU part because that seems like any other guru.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Tate is being targeted because his redpill ideology especially the part on handling relationships with women and stop simping for women etc, doesn't fit the mainstream narrative. That's why women hate Tate. That's why the politically correct crowd and white knights keep hounding him. Tate has changed the minds of millions of impressionable young men across the world and that's a noble feat. Won't comment about his HU part because that seems like any other guru.
I think there’s a big difference between being wholly disrespectful of women, and understanding objective differences between men and women that create traditional gender roles.

If I had a daughter and her boyfriend acted like Tate, we would find out who the bigger man is really quick.

I can simultaneously reject Tate and I can also believe men can, and should, be alpha without being douchebags.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Jeeze guys, can we get this thread back onto random gibberish that makes us all so happy? What a downer the last few pages have been.

I thought @Kak was supposed to be the unofficial forum grandpa! Ok ok …

We went out for an amazing dinner as a family today. Top notch Asian fusion restaurant. Truly some of the tastiest food ever, period. If anyone finds themselves in Vancouver, be sure to eat at Mott32.

423FA667-172D-4770-9336-F0E8AB5656C6.jpeg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
E18FFB57-24C4-45B9-B210-04B1D3C50B23.jpeg

D0DA540F-DC11-49C8-AC92-8D15BB1B35E2.jpeg

90A0C11E-1168-4B81-B486-D0E54D2C5DA0.jpeg

I’m pretty anti-TV these days. Like seriously considering tossing all of them on FB marketplace for a ridiculously cheap price and ditching TV in the Keegan home all together.

Have any of you completely said goodbye to TV?

Last edited:

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
One of my closest friends grew up in a household with no televisions. His bedroom alone is filled with more books than I've ever read in my life. One of the reasons we became friends in high school was because of the fact he knew so much about so many different topics. To this day I can ask him to educate me on just about anything and get an encyclopedia-esque answer.

Computers and tablets feel like tvs on their own but whenever I do settle down and buy a home I think I can make do without TV/cable.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
If I had a daughter and her boyfriend acted like Tate, we would find out who the bigger man is really quick.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
There will be no TV in my house. My girlfriend knows this is non negotiable. Maybe some sort of home cinema in a dedicated room to occasionally watch rugby games, BJJ fights or a good movie but I find it crazy how 99,9999% living rooms are centered around a TV. Mine will be centered around a beautiful bookshelf and a cosy fireplace.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
You know me so well. Always on the low road. Here, now no one has to take my word for it.
;)

View attachment 46549:rofl:
Ummm, you mean a screenshot you’ve taken out of context in a discussion that involved many posts?

Sorry pal, but that doesn’t cut it.

All that shows me is your bad faith. Once again, I’m wondering what that shows about your “leadership” ability.

crap-how-did-i-blow-the-entire-budget.gif

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
View attachment 46551

View attachment 46552

View attachment 46553

I’m pretty anti-TV these days. Like seriously considering tossing all of them on FB marketplace for a ridiculously cheap price and ditching TV in the Keegan home all together.

I lived a couple of years without a TV. I had sooo much time on my hands. It was great.

Not going to happen now in our household.

Robin 133

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 16, 2022
I'm a lover of minimal TV. I still enjoy going out to see a film in the cinema. But I find sitting around watching shows on the sofa is pretty certain to make me feel depressed after a while, and now it just doesn't interest me. My girlfriend gets annoyed sometimes as we start watching something and within 20 mins I'm up pacing around suggesting toner things to do lol.

With the producer Vs consumer mindset I still watch a fair bit of YouTube, webinars etc but normally do this with a pen and paper.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I like watching Netflix, one episode with my partner every second night or so

Usually watch things like home renovation and real estate shows
Dream home makeover
Buying Beverly Hills
Motel Makeover
Etc

I don’t like watching series or movies, too woke, too time wasting, the way shows are written now to drag out storyline’s, make you watch the next episode, create drama, program your mind and virtue signal, make them unwatchable

I’d rather rewatch mad men for the 4th time than watch any new series

Or watch an old good movie than a new one

I’ve also been watching some basketball because my partner does

I don’t follow any team or really care about it, I’ve never been able to get invested in a teams success or follow a sport, it just seems so embarrassing and pathetic to be invested in a teams success you don’t even play on

But man the basketball is entertaining to watch

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think now could be a great time to build and sell custom chicken coups, gardens, and other related items (or to teach how to do those things).
Curious what Google Trends says...

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I thought @Kak was supposed to be the unofficial forum grandpa! Ok ok …

We went out for an amazing dinner as a family today. Top notch Asian fusion restaurant. Truly some of the tastiest food ever, period. If anyone finds themselves in Vancouver, be sure to eat at Mott32.

View attachment 46550
Looks delicious!
I just had to bite and say I have one grandpa who is very sweet and would say things like this and another who is a bulldog and would make off color remarks to every waitress in sight! Lol!
View attachment 46551

View attachment 46552

View attachment 46553

Yea, we have zero TV. Just a couple streaming services.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ummm, you mean a screenshot you’ve taken out of context in a discussion that involved many posts?

Sorry pal, but that doesn’t cut it.

All that shows me is your bad faith. Once again, I’m wondering what that shows about your “leadership” ability.

crap-how-did-i-blow-the-entire-budget.gif

There’s plenty of context. You just posted a meme about “blowing the budget.”

You still don’t get it. I’m not worried about leadership or a budget if my family is on the line. I don’t care if my actions, in your opinion, make me a “bad leader.”

My family comes so far ahead of leadership that leadership isn’t even a consideration to me in this context. Leadership is not some treasured institution in my life. It’s the vessel to build businesses with, nothing more.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yea, we have zero TV. Just a couple streaming services.
You misunderstood the question.

We have TVs. We haven’t had cable in years. I still want the TVs gone, I think.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
and when I was at BestBuy thinking … should I get a bigger TV? Lol.

When I watch a movie, I want the biggest screen.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
There’s a reason why Chris Voss called his book Never Split the Difference… meaning don’t compromise easily.

I am trying to stay out of debating you but it’s hard work.

Never is a strong word. Easily is a mild word. Your sentence above doesn’t compute.

Why nitpick? Because just like in Ukraine thread, you’d make a bold statement only to later walk back with something entirely different.

Here is how I view your argument:

Paraphrasing you: “I’ll never negotiate with terrorist because it is my position and tied to who I am. I will not lose myself by being weak on my own principle! I would rather loose my family than who I am. ”

**shock and disappointment from some the forum’s members later… ***

“I think logic > emotions in a hostage negotiation as per CV book… don't you agree with me?"

The gap between the two is Grand Canyon of gaps.

example 2:
paraphrasing again:
"if i was a young kid again, i would not want to be helped by successful entrepreneurs who do it for free. They only help to make themselves feel good, when they have free time and they don't care if i succeed. Unlike those who charge money and deeply care about me because of it."

**some posts later by a few forum members…**

"money or no money it does not matter. I think people helping kids must do it full
time to make a difference."

**some posts later by a few forum members…**

"the best way to help kids is to really care about them! Don't you agree with me?"

Dude, give me a break. Grow a pair of balls to admit when you F*ck up with weird shit you say. Own it.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
ensure success

Why is this the standard by which kids are being helped? No one can ensure success, no matter how much time they spend with kids. If this is the crux of your argument, no wonder you sound unreasonable. Daft is not an unreasonable assessment of words like this.

If your daughter was dating a guy like Tate, she's probably doing it in part to get that reaction out of you. Instead of going after him, ask yourself where you went wrong. And fix it. And isn't that what the bigger man would do anyway?

It wasn't out of context. I remember that conversation.

And here you are complaining that someone is not being generous with their assessment of your words.

But isn't that what you've been doing? Please, stop the hypocrisy.

Alright, I understand that. My question though is do you think that in a hostage situation you should let your emotions guide you first or your reason?

If you let your emotions guide you first, your reaction will be “here’s the money, just give my family member back” - because, as you say, you care about them more than anything, which is entirely normal.

If you let your reason guide you, you may understand that there may be other solutions, because the terrorists have to negotiate and have no interest to kill your family member, their interest is to get something out of this.

There’s a reason why Chris Voss called his book Never Split the Difference… meaning don’t compromise easily. Even in the book he gave examples of hostage situations when they didn’t give the terrorists anything in the end. And he also gave examples of how compromising can lead to a terrible outcome - the terrorists get the money AND kill the hostage.

That’s what that debate was about if you read it charitably (meaning in its context), instead of rushing to think that I’m suggesting an idiocy, namely that you purposefully get your family killed…

Read it charitably. Sorry, that's rich coming from you.

Anyone can go back and read the thread. You were pretty adamant that you were willing to let your family die.

This is a pretty good example of you taking stuff that other people said and building straw men. You're twisting what the argument actually is and was.

Also, despite what you say, terrorists actually do have an interest in killing your family. It's built right there in their name. Terror. Spreading terror. And killing your family would be one way to accomplish that.

Most hostage situations are resolved by people paying. Go look up the statistics.

Chris Voss has a cool book, but it comes from a certain perspective. One might say there's a bias. Chris chose the stories where people didn't pay anything, which happens to further the narrative that he was espousing in his book. It makes for a much better story to tell, probably helps him launch a consulting career, so why mention the thousands of times that the family actually paid a ransom?

I mean, "Never split the difference" is a much better title than "Just pay the bad guy".

For a guy that thinks that smart people should see the President as a normal man, it sure sounds like you've got Chris on a pedestal.

But you suggest that kids won't be impacted by meeting the President because "smart people" should be able to undo their programming to not appreciate those who have done great things...

Let me just stop there.

Here's the thing. I think we all know I love the tete a tete more than the next guy. But I do it in part because I, perhaps naively, believe my words might maybe have an impact on the other person or maybe someone reading.

But in this case, I don't have the time, and I just can't get MJ's words out of my head.

I've been alive long enough to spot someone who is so confident in their opinions that any debate with them is a waste of time.

So I'll bow out now...

Last edited:

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Before I lost my home, (I'm with family now) I lived without a TV for about three years. I didn't miss it.
If you like movies, they are generally better on a big screen (at the cinema) anyway. Having to go to the cinema means that you make a trip out of it and allows you (and possibly the family) to enjoy the occasion more.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

I feel like this sometimes as well. I kind of want to remove everything but my projector, since we only use that like once or twice a month so it is not a big factor and makes it an event.

I have had a "no TV in the bedroom" rule forever. There is no way I will ever put a TV in my room. We have one in the living room, and then the projector in the basement. I won't even get more than this. Things are different now with tablets and such I suppose. I own a lot of PC's and laptops, but no tablets, but it all essentially just the same sort of screen time, maybe slightly less mindless than sitting and actually watching a TV screen.

I wish I read more books. As a kid I used to read TONS of books. I would read thousand and thousands of pages of books as a kid growing up. Once I got married that kind of went away. I need to start sneaking that in there again and kind of get used to the fact that being in the same room and reading separately is still a way to spend time together. It is just as relevant as both sitting and watching TV if you think about it.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Internet arguments are so tiresome...
Let's bring back the Victorian 'Pistols at dawn' tradition.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
View attachment 46551

View attachment 46552

View attachment 46553

Not sure what that means in today’s world because anything you can watch on TV you can watch on your phone. So are you saying you are anti-shows and movies? The main thing I use my TV for is watching videos on YouTube. What about videos on YouTube?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

OK so you mean you are anti-streaming services? Like you do not want to watch any types of shows?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.