The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
His materials/videos were being sent to impressionable 15 year olds etc. using Google, FB ads etc.

I'd say good riddance to bad rubbish but he was dangerous and definitely something to be monitored rather than just ignored.
Dangerous why and dangerous to who?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Are you serious? I also don't know who he is, but he keeps popping up in my YouTube suggestions and I keep telling YouTube I'm not interested. I think he is some up and coming bro marketer or something. And apparently a human trafficker, wtf? Guess he needs more 0's for them to look the other way.
#8 globally for people in 2022 but he definitely would have been #1 at some point this year.

Which is absolutely insane for a bro marketer that spent $0 on traffic.

I think Tai Lopez was Googles highest monthly spender at his peak and I doubt he made this list.2635ED90-434E-4A92-80B8-AE75195F55B4.png

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021
Hey @MJ DeMarco is it possible to add a dark mode theme for the Forum? in order to have a black background instead of the white one.

Other users from programming backgrounds could appreciate that as well.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Dangerous why and dangerous to who?
I asked our 14 year old if he was still friends with a classmate he was going to the gym with. He said he wasn't because they disagreed on a few things.

It seems his friend loves Andrew Tate and is paying $50/mth to be part of his Hustlers University.

I said I've heard of Andrew Tate but never listened to his stuff so don't know if he's talking garbage or not. My son reckons he does.

That's still not enough for me to check out his stuff. It does bother me that school kids are paying that much for education they could likely get for free in this forum though.

Robin 133

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 16, 2022
I'm looking for an alternative model for first principles thinking, something that means the same thing but said in a slightly different way

Does anyone have suggestions?

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
Does he really spent $0 to get that traffic? Nope.

The people who joins the HU program made a lot of spammy videos about him. He actually paid them for it as he could get more traffic and more people would pay for HU membership.

For one it could be brilliant but for me it isn't. I see there anything but value.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I remember Tai Lopez videos. He came off douche bag like instantly and I avoided him. It’s no wonder 8th most googled man is someone I know nothing about. Not my cup of tea.

And now arrested in human trafficking … a serious WTF moment. This popular - shouldn’t he have enough money legally?

@Andy Black at $50/mo from impressionable kids… wow. Even before the arrest, sounds bad.

Edit: this popped up on Twitter, I assume it’s got an inside joke between the two of them:

View: https://twitter.com/gretathunberg/status/1608735970131849217?s=46&t=e8E_hQYYpG6waTLx_1Kx7g

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

With AliExpress and Temu getting rapid traction in the US, as if Amazon isn't bad enough, the future of e-commerce will be in the hands of a few. All small sellers will be eradicated unless they're selling custom manufactured items not found on these marketplaces. The prices on Temu makes Amazon look expensive and you thought Amazon is cheap.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I asked our 14 year old if he was still friends with a classmate he was going to the gym with. He said he wasn't because they disagreed on a few things.

It seems his friend loves Andrew Tate and is paying $50/mth to be part of his Hustlers University.

I said I've heard of Andrew Tate but never listened to his stuff so don't know if he's talking garbage or not. My son reckons he does.

That's still not enough for me to check out his stuff. It does bother me that school kids are paying that much for education they could likely get for free in this forum though.
I guess there's still work for MJ and company to reach out to the masses haha.

From what I heard, much of the Tate materials are rather outdated...or a bit dangerous for beginners.
Example 1: Tate in his videos many times said dropshipping had too low margins overall to be worth a shot. But inside the University, he has COURSES on dropshipping.

Does that mean its OK for just a simple side hustle? Meh...

Example 2: There was one time the University's copywriting course asked the folks to go sub to Daniel Throsell's email list and swipe/copycat his email copy. A few even blatantly emailed him directly, saying they were on his list to copycat him!

Throssell talked all about it in his daily emails of course-- so I got to know.

The thing is for personality-driven emails (especially daily broadcasts), it's not something you can simply chug-and-plug. You might start out with some simple formula like PAS or AIDA, but when you get your industry's stories and your audience's tastes into your system...you eventually create your own writing. Immersion.

After a 'delightful warning' from Throssell, it waned down.

Honestly I can't really blame the kids for paying up though.

When you are so disappointed by parents and teachers who parrot the same tired life advice...and the COVID broke open more gaps in the woodwork...you just have to make a move. And if the University (or Fastlane) is amongst the first resources to offer a way out, they'd take it.

I remember Tai Lopez videos. He came off douche bag like instantly and I avoided him. It’s no wonder 8th most googled man is someone I know nothing about. Not my cup of tea.

And now arrested in human trafficking … a serious WTF moment. This popular - shouldn’t he have enough money legally?

@Andy Black at $50/mo from impressionable kids… wow. Even before the arrest, sounds bad.

Edit: this popped up on Twitter, I assume it’s got an inside joke between the two of them:

View: https://twitter.com/gretathunberg/status/1608735970131849217?s=46&t=e8E_hQYYpG6waTLx_1Kx7g
Apparently the cops were already on Tate's case...and the boxes hinted at his location based on what Romanian pizza chain they came from.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Honestly I can't really blame the kids for paying up though.

That’s the thing! Blame the person who sells to kids, not the kids.

Anyway… you have a great point. The current systems aren’t helping young people succeed. But there are plenty of those who are helping and aren’t charging!

A local charity where I volunteer creates courses on entrepreneurship for schools. It’s part of curriculum and counts towards a grade. Kids LOVE it because they actually make money! And now they are more likely to start a real business after school. Some may go to university and some won’t.

The charity is was set up by an entrepreneur. Another one joined him and sponsored major growth. Now there is government funding making it into a national platform.

There is nothing to sell. That’s why I am thrilled to be a small part of it. Unlike those “bro let me teach how to get rich, give me $50 … ok thanks … now do what I just did!”

This is fitting:

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608828315581976576?s=46&t=e8E_hQYYpG6waTLx_1Kx7g

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That’s the thing! Blame the person who sells to kids, not the kids.

Anyway… you have a great point. The current systems aren’t helping young people succeed. But there are plenty of those who are helping and aren’t charging!

A local charity where I volunteer creates courses on entrepreneurship for schools. It’s part of curriculum and counts towards a grade. Kids LOVE it because they actually make money! And now they are more likely to start a real business after school. Some may go to university and some won’t.

The charity is was set up by an entrepreneur. Another one joined him and sponsored major growth. Now there is government funding making it into a national platform.

There is nothing to sell. That’s why I am thrilled to be a small part of it. Unlike those “bro let me teach how to get rich, give me $50 … ok thanks … now do what I just did!”

This is fitting:

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1608828315581976576?s=46&t=e8E_hQYYpG6waTLx_1Kx7g
I love that you're helping kids.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
The current systems aren’t helping young people succeed.
That is true. The “current systems” are meant to prepare people to get a job, not to start a business.

Also, most people never have the right expectations. A business will take time, meaning years, to build. Most expect to succeed the first month. Without reasonable expectation you’ll give up before you see success.

But there are plenty of those who are helping and aren’t charging!
What’s wrong with selling education to kids?

If I was an 18 year old, I wouldn’t want to be mentored by a successful businessman as part of a charity… I’d instantly think that the guy is there to feel good about himself and relax while thinking he’s giving back… how committed is he to my success? I fail, he goes back to his business and his family - doesn’t care about me, meaning no skin in the game. That’s sort of like hiring someone to do “free work” for your business without any real incentive… we all know how that works out - not great!

Just because someone is successful doesn’t mean they will make you successful too. I’d much rather pick a less successful person who was committed to seeing me succeed, for whatever reason, could be pride, could be money, etc. and who could be there in the trenches with me.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
If I was an 18 year old, I wouldn’t want to be mentored by a successful businessman as part of a charity… I’d instantly think that the guy is there to feel good about himself and relax while thinking he’s giving back… how committed is he to my success? I fail, he goes back to his business and his family - doesn’t care about me, meaning no skin in the game. That’s sort of like hiring someone to do “free work” for your business without any real incentive… we all know how that works out - not great!

You are one of my less liked people on this forum and the above proves why.

You think I’d need to be paid to care about kids? Do you have a family? Do you believe in something more than yourself?

If all I wanted was to “relax and feel good about myself”, I’d become a bro marketer showing off my Lambo and charging members a fee to see my “lifestyle”. I can’t imagine a more miserable existence than that.

It is nothing like “hiring someone to do free work”. How can someone as articulate as you be this daft?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
The guy that killed the 4 college students in Idaho appears to be a Criminology Phd student from Pennsylvania.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
You are one of my less liked people on this forum and the above proves why.

You think I’d need to be paid to care about kids? Do you have a family? Do you believe in something more than yourself?

If all I wanted was to “relax and feel good about myself”, I’d become a bro marketer showing off my Lambo and charging members a fee to see my “lifestyle”. I can’t imagine a more miserable existence than that.

It is nothing like “hiring someone to do free work”. How can someone as articulate as you be this daft?

He disagrees with you and explains why. You think he's "one of the most disliked people on this forum" and call him daft.

An ounce of self-awareness would serve well in this instance.

For the record, I've had video-chat correspondence with @Black_Dragon43 and he's an intelligent and mindful person. I'm happy to exchange ideas with him and certainly don't think he's "daft".

Did you know Julian Assange was also arrested based on "human trafficking" charges?

A real "daft" moment is to take a headline from mainstream media to judge a character you know nothing about. Especially after everything that's happened over the past couple of years. Oh and by the way, he was "swatted" because internet trolls can't stand to see someone openly challenge and disagree with others, and he was released after 45 minutes.

I'm no Andrew Tate fan, but I only came to that conclusion by listening to his message, digging through his marketing material, and judging for myself. Although I see through the guru get-rich-quick scheme he sells to kids, I think his message about breaking through the Matrix and embarking on a journey to individuation is helpful for kids. It also mirrors some of the ideas MJ talks about in Unscripted .

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
No, I don’t think a decent person needs to be paid to care about kids. However, it’s sort of the way someone cares about a hungry dog on the street. They give him a piece of meat every now and then.
I care about kids because they are our future. Because setting kids on the right path helps all of us. You can’t say the same about a hungry dog.

And if this isn’t your life - whether you get paid for it or not - then your impact will be minor. It’s like Obama or some other politician visting an orphanage and telling the kids “you can be anything, you’re great, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise”. Then the next day they’re gone, and they forgot all about the kids. The kids are going to have virtually the same life as if they never visited, so for the most part it’s just empty words.

To truly help you’ve got to do this full time, with all your energy. Otherwise it’s something you do on the sidelines, and it helps, just like feeding the starving dog does, but it’s not going to have a serious impact. Teaching entrepreneurship isn’t easy.
Obama visits the orphanage and sees the kid once, for five minutes. You can’t compare that to someone who gives the kid an hour a week on a consistent basis. It’s the quality and consistency that matter, not whether they’re getting paid or if they’re doing it full time.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Easy on the insults, I didn’t mean to insult you above, but it seems you took it like one.
ok.

No, I don’t think a decent person needs to be paid to care about kids. However, it’s sort of the way someone cares about a hungry dog on the street. They give him a piece of meat every now and then.

It’s great, even that piece of meat helps, not trying to suggest it doesn’t. But, the point being, you don’t really go out of your way or sacrifice yourself to help. You help because it’s easy and convenient to help.

Not like it at all. Let me illustrate.

A lot of the kids in schools come from poor families. Their access to knowledge is still primarily school/family/friends + random internet stuff (hit or miss). I can't use your dog analogy here because it doesn't apply. Humans are not like dogs. Kids are not hungry for a slice of meat. They are kids, they want to play, they want to succeed in life.

Street kids can get in the wrong crowd because they don't see a better way of earning. Gangs are bad. Entrepreneurship is the good answer. But how?

Bro-marketing guru types sell you courses. Hardly any of them YT "celebrities" can follow up with the kids that follow them. So we've come full circle. What if we could give kids the tools they need at a place they already attend and help them do well in school?

I find this so inspiring that I am willing to take my time and resources and help. So I do take it personally at the insinuation that somehow we do this out of "convenience" or being "lazy" about it. Reading your post I went WTF?

Worse yet, implying that if someone is getting paid they now have "proper" motivation in contrast - that is what I call daft. Can't you see it?

You see a street kid, for example, maybe you give some advice or some money. But do you take the street kid in, make him part of the family, let him sleep in your house, educate him, suffer and feel pain for him? No you don’t. I mean, maybe you personally would do that, I’m saying that the vast majority of people we consider decent wouldn’t.

Not sure what to make of the above. Are you saying that some guru online charing $50/mo lets all his "followers" sleep in his house? Clearly not! Yet your post to me was about charging $$$ to kids as opposed to charity lacking the right motives. That's where we went sideways.

To really help someone on this journey of entrepreneurship you need to be more like a high performance coach. The coach CARES for his students, suffers for them, racks his brains to make them successful. This is very different to the kind of care above.

Most of my time is spent on helping improve materials for the kids to learn, events and engagement. I also research ways to get teachers support - to understand entrepreneurship etc. 99% of my time is spent "behind a curtain" with kids not even knowing my name. And I like it that way. It is not about me. In my utopian dream, I'd love to play a part in a seismic shift in how our education works. It's not one on one, I would never be able to keep up (no one could).

And if this isn’t your life - whether you get paid for it or not - then your impact will be minor.

Why would you think that? The impact may not be seen or known today but it takes only a spark to change someone's life forever. You and I cannot disagree on this more.

Even if I don't know or see the impact, I know it is there. Take this forum and MJ's books. The impact books like that have is so far reaching that the author will never know. The pay for it doesn't come close to making it "financially reasonable investment". I don't mean to pick on MJ only, all great authors are in the same boat. They spend thousands of hours researching and writing. Yet it is not their lives, yet the impact is typically massive.

It’s like Obama or some other politician visting an orphanage and telling the kids “you can be anything, you’re great, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise”. Then the next day they’re gone, and they forgot all about the kids. The kids are going to have virtually the same life as if they never visited, so for the most part it’s just empty words.

We disagree again. Meeting a past president of the most powerful country in the world! That'll be something kids will remember. I believe mindset is very helpful in life's success or failure. Maybe Obama ignites a spark in those kids that changes trajectory of their lives. You can't know the impact from where you are sitting.

To truly help you’ve got to do this full time, with all your energy. Otherwise it’s something you do on the sidelines, and it helps, just like feeding the starving dog does, but it’s not going to have a serious impact. Teaching entrepreneurship isn’t easy.

Lately there is a lot of this type of thinking on this forum. You must do everything yourself. Become the great copywriter, have no employees... etc. Bullshit. And you should know better. Just because something needs to be done, does not mean it has to be me who's doing it.

It's like we have an army of amazing volunteers at this charity. I am probably the most insignificant peace of the puzzle. The people who created it spend decades building the right materials to help these kids. I bring a different industry, different businesses to the table. My contribution will always be part time, as with everyone else involved. The resulting product, however, has immense value. It does have a serious impact. Kids learn how to start businesses at schools and even make money at it.

How can I not take your comments personally? They are so directly opposite to what I believe, either you are baiting me because of our past spats or ... I can't find the other side of that "or"... As you suggested, no insults necessary.

But we used to be best buddies before the Ukraine thread - what happened, apart from our political disagreements?

You had a podcast. I listened to a few episodes on this forum and found your marketing advice to be excellent. Then we got to know each other ... I am confident the feeling is mutual. ;)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
In my utopian dream, I'd love to play a part in a seismic shift in how our education works.
Me too.

Someone once asked me "If money was no object, what work would you be doing?"

I had to think about it. If money was no object I'd like to help local kids help local businesses with their online marketing.

His next question was thought provoking too: "What's stopping you?"

Thanks for reminding me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lol once upon a time he said he wouldn’t pay a kidnapper to get his family back to teach the kidnapper a lesson or something along those lines in the Ukraine thread.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What I’m saying here is that unless you do it full time, and truly care, which is not easy, you’re unlikely to see profound changes.

If you see the kid for 1 hour every week, 1 hour after you’ve been in tough negotiations, travelled the whole day, maybe didn’t eat enough, your child is sick, and so on, your “help” will be of very poor quality.

I'll just say that you'll NEVER KNOW what statement, what story, or what short piece of advice might impact a child forever, something that "sticks" in their head, and they carry it with them for LIFETIME... kinda like walking up to a rich guy in a supercar and asking him what he does for a living... one sentence changed my life, mere seconds.

But @Antifragile can't spend 1 hour with some kids and change a life or two?

Jesus Christ, and I thought I was cynical.

I've been alive long enough to spot someone who is so confident in their opinions that any debate with them is a waste of time. Kind of fits with your opinion that thoughts don't impact behavior.

My response is for anyone who might stumble across your "edgy" take, and take it to heart. Please don't. You never know what you might say to kid that they will remember for the rest of their life, and make it part of their life's lexicon...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If he wasn’t charging $50 and offering commission to anyone who referred a sale he would not be everywhere and would not be the 8th most googled man.

His message would not have reached anywhere near as many people.

I’m not saying his material and message is good or bad but this is just unfortunately the nature of it.

The kids he’s shown a new life path to will find the information they need, a lot will probably end up here or at least read millionaire fastlane . Once you see the matrix and how to free yourself there’s no going back.

I don’t think you need to be paid to be motivated to help kids but unfortunately it does take a lot of money to get a message out on a massive scale.

The irony is his course material is bad from what I’ve heard, it seems like the money he was making did not motivate him to improve it, only to go more viral and sell more of it.

I imagine he was at the point he had so much money coming in he couldn’t care if he would make millions more by improving it, it would have been a waste of his time.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Does he really spent $0 to get that traffic? Nope.

The people who joins the HU program made a lot of spammy videos about him. He actually paid them for it as he could get more traffic and more people would pay for HU membership.

For one it could be brilliant but for me it isn't. I see there anything but value.
Paying affiliate commission and paying for traffic are 2 very different things.

I doubt any of his affiliates have ever paid for traffic either.

It was all organic viral clips.

Very different to sending multi-million dollar checks to google and Facebook every month.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
How many of you drive a Tesla? If so, what made you buy?

I’ve been in one, tried driving a few but never got the itch to buy one. I always felt the technology was great, but interior was just so-so. Yet pricing has been premium.

With higher interest rates, recession and general supply chain disruptions, I’m not surprised Tesla stock is down.

But if anyone “has been there” and lived to tell the story it’s got to be Elon! The man has been through worse.

I’d love to see his technology licensed to other manufacturers like Land Rover! It could boost value for his company, but may hurt car sales. I’d definitely buy another Range Rover if it offers “Tesla” technology (self driving / autopilot stuff, sensing the cars not to ding doors, open door on approach etc.)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How many of you drive a Tesla? If so, what made you buy?

I’ve been in one, tried driving a few but never got the itch to buy one. I always felt the technology was great, but interior was just so-so. Yet pricing has been premium.

With higher interest rates, recession and general supply chain disruptions, I’m not surprised Tesla stock is down.

But if anyone “has been there” and lived to tell the story it’s got to be Elon! The man has been through worse.

I’d love to see his technology licensed to other manufacturers like Land Rover! It could boost value for his company, but may hurt car sales. I’d definitely buy another Range Rover if it offers “Tesla” technology (self driving / autopilot stuff, sensing the cars not to ding doors, open door on approach etc.)

Question, how many other stocks are also heading toward their "biggest annual decline"?

When you look at the numbers in aggregate, you soon learn this is just a statistical likelihood, and not an anomaly. In other words, this is just a typical hit piece to discredit Elon Musk due to his recent Twitter takeover.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Question, how many other stocks are also heading toward their "biggest annual decline"?

When you look at the numbers in aggregate, you soon learn this is just a statistical likelihood, and not an anomaly. In other words, this is just a typical hit piece to discredit Elon Musk due to his recent Twitter takeover.
The media coverage is the worst. That’s what they always do. Same with real estate here. Prices go 4x and then drop 20% and suddenly it’s end of the world. Just saw this
“The Ontario Line will zip across the core and up to Eglinton, easing gridlock and alleviating TTC misery. It will also plow through peaceful Toronto neighbourhoods, displacing homes, businesses and everything in its path.”

No good news can be posted without something horrible that follows.

I bet cure for cancer would read “cure for cancer invented by Dr Bob, but it is too late for Freddy who just lost his left testie last week!”

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Bro-marketing guru types sell you courses. Hardly any of them YT "celebrities" can follow up with the kids that follow them. So we've come full circle. What if we could give kids the tools they need at a place they already attend and help them do well in school?
There are thousands of good mentors across different domains that someone can find. People who dedicate their life to that, and care about their students. Mentors who do give one on one time and access to their students. The “gurus” typically don’t care very much with some rare exceptions.

The problem with doing it “in school” is that entrepreneurship isn’t one skill that you can teach. The way you teach, say, painting.

To launch and run an FBA business takes very different skills than to do an M&A style startup like Dan Peña, different skills that getting started in real estate, or from building an agency. These are all very different paths, and until you start going down them, you don’t realize just how different they are. There is no “one size fits all” approach.

Sure, there are some general skills that are useful. Sales, accounting, and so on. But these are nowhere near enough to ensure success. The devil is in the details.

Worse yet, implying that if someone is getting paid they now have "proper" motivation in contrast - that is what I call daft. Can't you see it?
I believe the implication is that if someone does this for free, they don’t have their full focus on it. You run a real estate business. That takes most of your focus doesn’t it? That’s what provides you and your family with income. This is more of a side thing that you do when you have some free time right?

It’s great that you do it, I just don’t see how you will have as much of an effect as people who do this full time, even if they get paid for it. In your first post you started disparging people who would get paid to provide such help. And that’s just wrong - because they can do a lot more good than you can, in spite of the fact that you help comes “free”.

So I don’t have an issue with the fact that you help kids. Or the fact that you do it for free. That’s great, good for you. But don’t try to claim that the fact you do it for free is somehow a virtue and makes it better than those who charge money for their help, because that’s most likely false.

The impact may not be seen or known today but it takes only a spark to change someone's life forever
Yes, sure that happens. Sometimes. And sometimes it doesn’t. I’m not suggesting that what you’re doing is worthless.

We disagree again. Meeting a past president of the most powerful country in the world! That'll be something kids will remember. I believe mindset is very helpful in life's success or failure. Maybe Obama ignites a spark in those kids that changes trajectory of their lives. You can't know the impact from where you are sitting.
Yes, about this you are right. We disagree. A “past president of the most powerful country in the world” exists just in people’s imagination. In reality, he’s a regular human being who sometimes feels sad, depressed, unable to tie his shoes (ok that might be an exageration), and all the other hardships and joys human beings go through.

I believe other smart people should stop fetishizing status. It’s only your imagination that makes such people special. They’re not special, and neither are you - we’re all human beings trying to live good lives and make the best of what we’ve got.

You had a podcast. I listened to a few episodes on this forum and found your marketing advice to be excellent. Then we got to know each other ... I am confident the feeling is mutual. ;)
That’s great, I’m not sure what feeling you think is mutual though. If you want to know what I think about you, I think you’re a guy whose heart is in the right place, but you can get overly emotional and irrational about things or people you care for. I don’t think you’re a bad person.

On the other hand, I think that you probably think I’m a morally deficient person.

I personally have 0 dislike for you, because I never took any of your insults personally.

That hardly sounds like the same mutual feeling lol!

But @Antifragile can't spend 1 hour with some kids and change a life or two?
As my reply above hopefully makes clear that’s not what I’m trying to suggest. My “beef” was with @Antifragile suggesting that somehow because he provides advice for free that is superior automatically to people who charge for it, whom he was disparging earlier.

kinda like walking up to a rich guy in a supercar and asking him what he does for a living... one sentence changed my life, mere seconds.
This is an interesting point. I can see how that works. At the same time, as I grow older it’s becoming more and more difficult to really identify “life-changing moments”, at least for me personally.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that information is so abundant today, and that wasn’t the case when you were a kid MJ. You had to go to the library to figure stuff out. Nowadays it’s the click of a button.

In addition, in my own history, I find each “life changing moment” to be replaceable. Like if there was no rich guy in a supercar for you MJ, you may have picked up Forbes and seen most of those guys are entrepreneurs. And so on.

And my point here being that “the lifechanging moment” and actually obtaining your desire are so separated from each other that the chasm is huge. It takes literarily millions of decisions to go from the lifechanging moment to the fulfilment of your dreams. And there is no guarantee that that moment will take you to your dreams. You still have to take that very long chain of right decisions to get there. That’s not easy, and imo that long chain is the real “lifechanging” part, even though it’s relatively boring.

Again, not trying to say I’m right here and you’re wrong, I’m just trying to share my thoughts. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s how I currently see things.

Lol once upon a time he said he wouldn’t pay a kidnapper to get his family back to teach the kidnapper a lesson or something along those lines in the Ukraine thread.
Umm sorry Kyle, but I think this is low even for you. If I remember correctly you were saying you’d give a kidnapper anything they asked for to get a family member back. I argued that that’s stupid - and likely to endanger other family members because it shows you’re easily blackmailed. If you look at people who engage in hostage negotiations, you’ll see that they actually take my approach. Not the foolish “take whatever you want from me, just don’t hurt my family” one.

Look at some of Chris Voss’s case studies - you’ll see that very often they didn’t give the kidnappers ANYTHING. What does this say about your “leadership” ability in crisis situations I wonder?

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Umm sorry Kyle, but I think this is low even for you. If I remember correctly you were saying you’d give a kidnapper anything they asked for to get a family member back. I argued that that’s stupid - and likely to endanger other family members because it shows you’re easily blackmailed. If you look at people who engage in hostage negotiations, you’ll see that they actually take my approach. Not the foolish “take whatever you want from me, just don’t hurt my family” one

You know me so well. Always on the low road. Here, now no one has to take my word for it.
;)

9FFB2D76-5245-4A00-88E5-71075D60A7C3.jpeg:rofl:

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Jeeze guys, can we get this thread back onto random gibberish that makes us all so happy? What a downer the last few pages have been.

In other news I recently discovered a rapper named Tom MacDonald. He is like the most anti-woke artist I have ever heard and I can't believe how much I enjoyed his stuff. I first heard of him this morning because there was some hit-piece out on him that somehow I read the title of and thought would be interesting. Rather than making me hate him, it made me curious and I checked him out and now I am hooked. I was supposed to hate him because he questions the narrative, which is dangerous to our democracy. Lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.