The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This one's pretty trippy. It promotes the timeline as happening sooner than you'd expect, but I think some of the events will play out much sooner than the video's predictions.

Wouldn't it be trippier still if that video script, music, and narration were all created by AI?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
A thought: don’t be a victim of your life, become a creator of your life.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

When you're trying to gauge market interest and feedback, there are people who talk a lot about what they like and dislike and what they want to see in a product or service, but sometimes they are the minority and the thing that actually works is staring you in the face in the tens of thousands of users, or even millions of customers, using the thing as it already is.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
This one's pretty trippy. It promotes the timeline as happening sooner than you'd expect, but I think some of the events will play out much sooner than the video's predictions.

This looks fun, like Ray Kurzweil's stuff plus EM Forster's The Machine Stops.. but I don't disagree with Ray because he works for Google and wants to bring his dad back from the dead or because he believes in trans humanism.

I disagree with his projections because a guy named JD Unwin did this crazy deep sociological perusal of 80 different societies. In his book Sex and Culture he shared how he started his inquiry with no basic assumptions, just being curious if there were any patterns to civilizations in general.

What he found was bizarre af. Quite literally.

His "inductive survey of civilized societies was limited to Sumerians, Hellenes, Romans, Saxons, English, Babylonians, Egyptians, Assyrians, Hindus, Chinese, Japanese, Arabs, Teutons, and Persians."

He published in 1933. But he found four patterns of human culture: zoistic, manistic, deistic, and rationalistic. Only a very few societies made it to rationalistic. They all had different time periods and stages. But the WAY they got there had the exact same pattern. Over and over and over.

If a society permitted pre-nuptial sexual freedom for its women it was zoistic. If a society adopted irregular or occasional sexual continence if it's women it was manistic. If a society insisted on pre-nuptial chastity it was deistic. Every single society that became rationalistic was deistic in the years immediately previous.

He concluded this, "compulsory continence must be regarded as the immediate cause of a cultural advance with the sexual opportunity of females as more important than males."

In layman's terms, society as a whole ascends when women don't sleep around and society as a whole descends when they do.

"Any human society is free to choose either to display great energy or to enjoy sexual freedom; the evidence is that it cannot do both for more than one generation."

The book is long, over 900 pages I think. I was blown away. Really methodical in his approach and his footnotes on tribes and ancient practices are exhaustive.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Ohmygosh I LOVE that he named Adobe. Ppl fekking hate it and Canva is making design accessible (I don't like Canva but that's not the point) while Figma is outpacing Adobe's stupid sketch by leaps and bounds. Adobe's due for a takedown.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ohmygosh I LOVE that he named Adobe. Ppl fekking hate it and Canva is making design accessible (I don't like Canva but that's not the point) while Figma is outpacing Adobe's stupid sketch by leaps and bounds. Adobe's due for a takedown.

There are several dozen execs at Adobe who can't sleep at night because of what Canva has done to Adobe's marketshare. And it will likely continue. Their cloud solution is about 3 years late.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
There are several dozen execs at Adobe who can't sleep at night because of what Canva has done to Adobe's marketshare. And it will likely continue. Their cloud solution is about 3 years late.
I was a diehard Excel man since 1992. Switched to Google Sheets last year and haven't looked back. The cloud rocks.

Last edited:

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
If you want a fun and easy-to-learn sport, I can recommend padel tennis. Just tried it for the first time with a couple of friends, and it was a really fun.

It's easy to learn, you'll pick up the roules in 5-10 minutes of playing, and (almost) everyone can play it. It's much easier to get going than regular tennis, and the cardio is great - you're soaked in sweat after an hour.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Short form video is terrible, yet feels inevitable in today's world.

I find myself watching less and less stuff on YouTube because almost every single channel I follow now publishes shorts.

I check new uploads and have to sort through shitty shorts I have zero interest in. Since I mostly watch YouTube on desktop, I also find the narrow format extremely annoying.
I guess I am one of the few folks desperate for long-form YouTube videos (which means 30 mins to hour-long vids on guides, instructionals, even gameplay...)

In-depth content you can chew on all day.

I took a leap and went to a few local politicians' talks, where they explained how they all needed to learn how to do TikTok shorts to 'cater to the audiences' and explain complex political solutions in bites.

I'm not against catering to your audience. That is marketing work anyways.

But if society ignores reading books and papers on complex issues-- in favor of some emo-stimulating shorts-- that society is on its way out. And if you don't want to study much more beyond the shorts, why on earth would you vote (or do anything else of value)?

I shared these opinions with the last remaining young adults meetup I join now and then.

They just rolled their eyes...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I guess I am one of the few folks desperate for long-form YouTube videos (which means 30 mins to hour-long vids on guides, instructionals, even gameplay...)

I took a leap and went to a few local politicians' talks, where they explained how they all needed to learn how to do TikTok shorts to 'cater to the audiences' and explain complex political solutions in bites.

But if society ignores reading books and papers on complex issues-- in favor of some emo-stimulating shorts-- that society is on its way out. And if you don't want to study much more beyond the shorts, why on earth would you vote (or do anything else of value)?

I shared these opinions with the last remaining young adults meetup I join now and then.

Short content gets people's attention, then you can direct them to your longer content. Granted, some people only consume short content and have the attention span of a gnat.

I like the challenge of being more to the point. I think too many people publish long and rambling content because they're too lazy to spend time making it shorter. I'm guilty of that myself.

If you want people to pay attention then you need to grab their attention and keep it. It's a skill many could benefit from, especially us as business owers.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
In all seriousness, who has time for that?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Since there was a few posts on health and living long I want to share something interesting.
Both my parents are Seventh Day Adventists and are in crazy good shape in their 60s.

My dad used to drink hard but the diet has reversed a lot of his party days over the last 20 years.
When he is around people the same age as himself he looks 20 years younger.

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 20.39.53.png

I have read before that other than genetics, or living in certain areas, that their diet is the next best thing for living a long and healthy live.

The basic diet is:
- Balance and moderation
- Not too much of anything
- Pure water, fresh air, and sunlight
- Exercise
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and mind-altering substances
- A well-balanced vegetarian diet

Its pretty interesting to read up on if you are looking into a diet to have really good health as you get older.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

@SteveO

Y'all need to come build a course and entire neighborhood in Texas like this! With an epic country club! Lol

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I see an ad on the default Google homepage for "New! Meet the Pixel 6a. Now available", I don't think I've ever seen an ad on their homepage before. I'm surprised it's legal.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
while Figma is outpacing Adobe's stupid sketch by leaps and bounds.

FIGMA. Yes. The holy app from the Heavens. I've already started using it for non-photo-editing-heavy work. It never lags or slows, even if there's 550 layers and 90 artboards, while Photoshop slows to a crawl at just 80 layers and 10 artboards on my PC with 64GB RAM and 12GB graphics card.

And Adobe has the audacity to charge $$$ monthly. I hope the company behind Figma will create more replacements for each of the Adobe software, especially Illustrator and After Effects lol

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

I'm one of those that fast forward to specific important parts on YouTube vids, unless it's some video on comedy, food or culture/history.

Many YouTube videos especially those that teach, are full of fluff where they talk too long when the actual teaching can be done in 60 seconds or less.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I see an ad on the default Google homepage for "New! Meet the Pixel 6a. Now available", I don't think I've ever seen an ad on their homepage before. I'm surprised it's legal.
Legal? It's their website...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
For those who have investors and raise capital, this quote provides great guidance. Any imbecile can make a pitch deck showing big profits for investors. But investors first look at you, the entrepreneur! Then second your idea. And only last they look at what profits they may expect.

"If you ask any of those investors today why they took the risk, almost all of them will tell you that they invested in me, not in my idea. They believed because I believed, and they prospered because they trusted someone in whom nobody else had confidence." (Howard Schultz, Pour Your Heart Into It)

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Legal? It's their website...
Yeah, legal....................................................................................................................................................................

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
devil worshipers
1659100108969.png

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Try googling these headlines, this is a real thing. No, not the idea that every country is warming the fastest in the world: the fact that the media is sensational and contradictory, spurring up this hype that the world is ending due to some kind of climate crisis.

FYzZGfaWAAAvt2L

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Try googling these headlines, this is a real thing. No, not the idea that every country is warming the fastest in the world: the fact that the media is sensational and contradictory, spurring up this hype that the world is ending due to some kind of climate crisis.

FYzZGfaWAAAvt2L
Reminds me of Lake Wobegon, where everyone is above average.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

FYzZGfaWAAAvt2L

Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 18.25.11.png

All the media does is lie.

I posted this on IG the other day, and it got flagged for "misinformation".

Ironically, I posted it with zero text, so I guess just two images side-by-side is now misinformation.

Reminds me of this kinda stuff...

G

Guest-5ty5s4

View attachment 44548

Ironically, I posted it with zero text, so I guess just two images side-by-side is now misinformation.

They know the image, they're scared of you sharing the image, and they want to make sure as few people see the image as possible.

It's control.

Where there's a crisis, there's a way to control the people, and the money, and the power.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So sad when I see this imagery of two people sitting behind a desk with dour, concerned expressions on their faces, men, women, it doesn't matter...

I know immediately that I'll be either lied to, or be greased for an agenda.

Immediate tune out.

1659112469636.png

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
View attachment 44548

It’s not just media. It hits local politicians too!

I had a project delay because a councillor wanted to protect wetlands. Admirable, and I support the concept of protecting wetlands. We were not allowed in the meeting. But here’s the rub, there are no wetlands on our property!!!

Yup, not just media. It’s sort of part of the new way of living in the world today.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.