The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quote of the Day - QOTD

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

— Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cinquecento18

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 21, 2018
Italy
"U SUCCI CI RISSI A NUCI, RAMMI TIEMPU CA TI PIECCIU"

This is in my Sicilian dialect, i try to transalate and explain.

"The rat say to walnut, give me time and i will open you"

I dont know if is correct translation, but the sense of this is if you can persevere, learn and struggle you can open any door ahead of you.

I hope my explain is easy to understand, my english is always a "work in progress"

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I can't quote a source for this, but from memory:

"Some people say time-travel is a bad idea because you could travel back in time and irrevocably change the present in some bad way. But they don't consider how much they could change the future by acting NOW."

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail" - IDK Who

Probably the 2nd best thing I received after graduating from college.
Nice.

It did make me think of this though:

“Those who always plan, never fail - because they never start.”

(Me... just now)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If majority is always right - let's eat sh*t... millions of flies can't be wrong.

Waldemar Łysiak
I literally laughed out loud.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Alvin Toffler: "You have to think about big things while you're doing small things, so that all the little things go in the right direction".
Ooo. I like this. Alvin has a knack of explaining things...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Heard this one today while getting coffee:

"[people] be looking for road maps, when they should be learning to navigate." - some cool cat
/dropsmic

Seriously, that just summed up the whole “give me the steps” thing.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
winnie-the-pooh-my-favorite-day.jpg

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Old Wolof (Senegalese) proverb:

Better to walk than curse the road

If you have a problem (the road), better solve it (walking) than complaining (cursing) about it.

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham
"If things seem under control you are not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

That one is taken from the millionaire fast lane, I've had to go back to the book because i need to get myself into gear. I find myself in a decent "job" that pays okay and I'm just getting sucked into the rat race year by year. I have the option to go to uni for free to study civil engineering part-time for five years and work WILL pay for all the fees.

However, this means i can't leave the company for 3 years after i complete the course or else I pay all the fees back so I'm not sure if i should just get the degree because its free but i won't have much if any free time to work on the fast lane.

I came to the forum wanting to build massive wealth but in the years since I've read the first book, the rat race has kept me on the hamster wheel, it's so hard to mentally break free. I still do but a free degree sounds good too. Have I been brainwashed?!

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
The wise have always said the same things, and fools, who are the majority have always done just the opposite.
~Schopenhauer

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

That one is taken from the millionaire fast lane, I've had to go back to the book because i need to get myself into gear. I find myself in a decent "job" that pays okay and I'm just getting sucked into the rat race year by year. I have the option to go to uni for free to study civil engineering part-time for five years and work WILL pay for all the fees.

However, this means i can't leave the company for 3 years after i complete the course or else I pay all the fees back so I'm not sure if i should just get the degree because its free but i won't have much if any free time to work on the fast lane.

I came to the forum wanting to build massive wealth but in the years since I've read the first book, the rat race has kept me on the hamster wheel, it's so hard to mentally break free. I still do but a free degree sounds good too. Have I been brainwashed?!
So that’s 5 years of the course, plus another 3 years? 8 years of your life? In exchange for what?

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham
So that’s 5 years of the course, plus another 3 years? 8 years of your life? In exchange for what?
In exchange for not for what i want... im working on the plan to get me closer to my goals everyday and im taking your words on board, when a wise man speaks, you have to listen.

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
In exchange for not for what i want... im working on the plan to get me closer to my goals everyday and im taking your words on board, when a wise man speaks, you have to listen.

Some things to consider:
1. When do you have to decide? How long will your company's offer stand?
2. Could you delay your decision for, say, a year, so you can heavily devote yourself to doing what pleases you more and see if that year of drive helps you have clarification.
3. Since you'd have to pay it back if you don't stay for three years, would you want the degree if you paid for it yourself? (The future is unpredictable. What if your future life circumstances don't enable you to stay right where you are for 8 years?)
4. If you wouldn't want it if you had to pay for it yourself, then to me, that tells you something. The degree isn't free. You would be exchanging A LOT of time for it. Time = Life. Only you can decide if it's worth spending your life to achieve that goal.

I don't think getting the degree is bad, because you might learn something that you can develop into a business, but you have to decide if you want it or need it.

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham
Some things to consider:
1. When do you have to decide? How long will your company's offer stand?
2. Could you delay your decision for, say, a year, so you can heavily devote yourself to doing what pleases you more and see if that year of drive helps you have clarification.
3. Since you'd have to pay it back if you don't stay for three years, would you want the degree if you paid for it yourself? (The future is unpredictable. What if your future life circumstances don't enable you to stay right where you are for 8 years?)
4. If you wouldn't want it if you had to pay for it yourself, then to me, that tells you something. The degree isn't free. You would be exchanging A LOT of time for it. Time = Life. Only you can decide if it's worth spending your life to achieve that goal.
First of all thanks for the taking the time to offer guidance, I have until the march next year but i already told my management that I won't be furthering my education through university. I could delay my decision a year but that's not what I need to do, what I need to do is build a business and increase my skills. I wouldn't pay for the degree myself because 9k a year for university is a lot of money for something that im not even sure ill need in my future, hence why I decided not to go previously after school. The trade then didn't seem good then and the trade doesn't seem good now, even though its free is not worth it.

Its not worth it at all, im learning skills to build a business, wont be easy but at the end of the day i cant stand for mediocrity, the thought of an average life is a horrific nightmare.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
"... you simply won’t know what’s needed until you need it. The odds of picking the right weapons before they’re needed are about as far-fetched as someone picking pepper spray and plastic for the forest. In the end, we confuse preparation and busywork for execution, when the real mettle comes from entering the forest and experiencing firsthand what the game demands."

@MJ DeMarco, does this sound familiar?

@Andy Black will ask you What if we already know enough?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"... you simply won’t know what’s needed until you need it. The odds of picking the right weapons before they’re needed are about as far-fetched as someone picking pepper spray and plastic for the forest. In the end, we confuse preparation and busywork for execution, when the real mettle comes from entering the forest and experiencing firsthand what the game demands."

@MJ DeMarco, does this sound familiar?

Sure does, it's a great lesson, found in Unscripted , page 305 if anyone cares. I will post a thread on it.

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
From the book King, Warrior, Magician, Lover from Robert Moore & Douglas Gillette (which is an excellent book btw.)

The Warrior traditions all affirm that, in addition to training, what enables a Warrior to reach clarity of thought is living with the awareness of his own imminent death. The warrior knows the shortness of life and how fragile it is. A man under the guidance of the Warrior knows how few his days are. Rather than depressing him, this awareness leads him to an outpouring of life-force and to an intense experience of his life that is unknown to others. Every act counts. Each deed is done as if it were the last. “There is no time for anything but meaningful acts if we live with death as our eternal companion.” There is no time for hesitation. This sense of the imminence of death energizes the man accessing the Warrior energy to take decisive action. This means that he engages life. He never withdraws from it. He doesn’t ‘think too much,’ because thinking too much can lead to doubt, and doubt to hesitation, and hesitation to inaction. Inaction can lead to losing the battle.

This part get's me fired up all the time.

Last edited:

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia

I came to the forum wanting to build massive wealth but in the years since I've read the first book, the rat race has kept me on the hamster wheel, it's so hard to mentally break free. I still do but a free degree sounds good

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.