The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC Quote of the Day - QOTD

struka

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 22, 2018
TN
I really enjoy reading quotes but there are some quotes that really get you moving. The quote below may seem wrong but just think about it.... when you are trying to decide if you should start a new business, go with the new idea in your head, making that cold call you've been dreading, or ask the girl out you've been eyeing, just do it. the time is now because tomorrow might not be here.

"You're going to die" - Me, Bob Dylan, and many others as it isn't unique but gets the message across

(Even MJ talks about something similar in his book)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Suzanne Bazemore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 30, 2018
From the book King, Warrior, Magician, Lover from Robert Moore & Douglas Gillette (which is an excellent book btw.)

The Warrior traditions all affirm that, in addition to training, what enables a Warrior to reach clarity of thought is living with the awareness of his own imminent death. The warrior knows the shortness of life and how fragile it is. A man under the guidance of the Warrior knows how few his days are. Rather than depressing him, this awareness leads him to an outpouring of life-force and to an intense experience of his life that is unknown to others. Every act counts. Each deed is done as if it were the last. “There is no time for anything but meaningful acts if we live with death as our eternal companion.” There is no time for hesitation. This sense of the imminence of death energizes the man accessing the Warrior energy to take decisive action. This means that he engages life. He never withdraws from it. He doesn’t ‘think too much,’ because thinking too much can lead to doubt, and doubt to hesitation, and hesitation to inaction. Inaction can lead to losing the battle.

This part get's me fired up all the time.
What a great quote! Thank you for sharing it.

struka

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 22, 2018
TN
"Life is the most difficult exam. Many people fail because the try to copy others, not realizing that everyone has a different question paper." - Unknown

Suzanne Bazemore

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 30, 2018
From the book King, Warrior, Magician, Lover from Robert Moore & Douglas Gillette (which is an excellent book btw.)

The Warrior traditions all affirm that, in addition to training, what enables a Warrior to reach clarity of thought is living with the awareness of his own imminent death. The warrior knows the shortness of life and how fragile it is. A man under the guidance of the Warrior knows how few his days are. Rather than depressing him, this awareness leads him to an outpouring of life-force and to an intense experience of his life that is unknown to others. Every act counts. Each deed is done as if it were the last. “There is no time for anything but meaningful acts if we live with death as our eternal companion.” There is no time for hesitation. This sense of the imminence of death energizes the man accessing the Warrior energy to take decisive action. This means that he engages life. He never withdraws from it. He doesn’t ‘think too much,’ because thinking too much can lead to doubt, and doubt to hesitation, and hesitation to inaction. Inaction can lead to losing the battle.

This part get's me fired up all the time.
This quote is really good. I keep thinking about it.

OP
OP
Daniel A

Daniel A

DIESEL
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”

― Albert Camus

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
“Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.”
Spanish Proverb

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
“Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.”

(Alan Watts)

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 10, 2017
Birmingham
"The future has many names. For the weak it's unattainable, for the fearful it's unknown, and for the bold it's ideal." - Victor Hugo

OP
OP
Daniel A

Daniel A

DIESEL
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
"Everybody's going to die, and nobody's going to remember you, so F*ck it." - Billie Eilish

&

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." - Steve Jobs

Roz

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 9, 2018
Try for just a single day, a whole day when you refuse to acknowledge fear of failure, fear of making yourself look like an idiot, fear of losing your lover, fear of anything and of any kind. Fear will creep back, but laugh at it and tell it to take a hike. Go on. I dare you. If you can do it, this will transform your life. You will instantly perceive (among many other things) just how much money there is in the world, and how pitifully easy it is to obtain it. Money that already has your name on it.

- Felix Dennis

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom