The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Question regarding selling platform

Angelic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 19, 2016
Hi fellow fastlaners, I have a question about my business. Currently I am clearing about $1k a week in gross profit, and I am strictly online. Right now my main selling platform is eBay, and I have tried others, however it just didn't give me the right exposure as eBay does. Not to mention the feedback that I have, which in my niche, plays a HUGE part in how much of the product you sell, and for what price. Just overall customer satisfaction plays a huge role, as it does with every other business, as it secures trust with the customer. Anyway, I need some help for a different platform where I can scale on, and still get the same exposure eBay gives me. I do like that aspect of eBay, however my main reason for trying to make a switch is because the seller fees are killing me, it would be nice to do away with it. I would like to sell on my own site, however I am a bit lost on how to drive the right traffic to the site and relay the credibility I have to those customers. With eBay, it's very easy for the buyer to see how trustworthy you are. Any help is appreciated, thank you guys so much!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

letter9

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 31, 2015
For platform I would recommend magento. That's one of the most popular self hosted platforms.
(I prefer selfhosted rule for total control)
It has big community of users, with lots of free and paid extensions with possible integrations to eBay, amazon, etc.
For hosted - Shopify is popular.

As for driving traffic - ppc,
Look up Andy's adwords posts. That will be a quick start.
After that analize your buyers - interests, age, where they hang out online? And test other traffic sources.

As for credibility - it will take time, but gather reviews with user PHOTOS using your product. For example if it's carpet than carpet in there room, etc.
People often distrust reviews now, but reviews with photos, order #, order date and name plus city of buyer make them much more trustworthy.
Video reviews are hard to score, but good video is worth a thousand photos :)

Also trust seals, general plus niche related.

GeeTee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Aug 3, 2017
New Zealand
Maybe launch on Amazon and your own site? PPC to drive traffic to those sites, however building the trust on those 2 platforms is going to take work. I can't tell you how to do that, but there's all the standard things, PPC, getting seen on social media in the right places (where your target market hang out).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Angelic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 19, 2016
For platform I would recommend magento. That's one of the most popular self hosted platforms.
(I prefer selfhosted rule for total control)
It has big community of users, with lots of free and paid extensions with possible integrations to eBay, amazon, etc.
For hosted - Shopify is popular.

As for driving traffic - ppc,
Look up Andy's adwords posts. That will be a quick start.
After that analize your buyers - interests, age, where they hang out online? And test other traffic sources.

As for credibility - it will take time, but gather reviews with user PHOTOS using your product. For example if it's carpet than carpet in there room, etc.
People often distrust reviews now, but reviews with photos, order #, order date and name plus city of buyer make them much more trustworthy.
Video reviews are hard to score, but good video is worth a thousand photos :)

Also trust seals, general plus niche related.
I really appreciate the help, I will for sure look more into each of these avenues. This will definitely help me expand and grow. I really like the video idea, I think that can take everything to another level, I don't know too many competitors in my niche that are doing that lol.

Maybe launch on Amazon and your own site? PPC to drive traffic to those sites, however building the trust on those 2 platforms is going to take work. I can't tell you how to do that, but there's all the standard things, PPC, getting seen on social media in the right places (where your target market hang out).
PPC for sure seems like one of the better options for driving traffic, I need to start posting more on Instagram too and grow that; this will definitely help me grow at a very fast rate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.