The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Putting out Content daily - let's see what happens

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 11, 2016
Update for December:

This month I made 12.210€ in revenue. It’s my first five figure month, although some of the invoices aren’t paid yet.

It’s funny because in mid December one of my clients called me and said that he still needs to spend some money in 2020 or otherwise his company would have to pay too much taxes. So I sent him an invoice over 5.000€ and have to fulfill the job over the next months.

If it weren’t for that December would still have been a pretty good job. Because I’m on vacation from December 26th to January 9th and new jobs coming in quicker than I can handle them.

I really need to figure out how to outsource some parts of my work and fulfillment.

While I’m on vacation I don’t put out content on Linkedin as much. I really want to get some distance to it and then start again with some new creativity.

I hope you all had a happy new year and wish you all the best.

See you next month with the next update.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 11, 2016
Update for January:

Hi everyone,

In this first month of 2021 I made 7.848€ in revenue. I think that’s a pretty good start considering that I actually started working on January 10th because of my vacation.

A big payment came from an invoice that I already sent out in December, so that might distort the end result a bit. But overall I’m really happy with how the new year started.

Also I started to outsource a first tiny project to a freelancer so I am getting used to not doing all the work myself and also to be able to onboard more clients. The project isn’t completed yet so I can talk about this in next month’s update.

It’s a lot of work incoming right now and it kind of feels like juggling with too many balls. That is why this update came so late.

That’s basically it for now.
Will keep you updated as always.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 11, 2016
Update for February:

Hi everyone,

February was again a solid month with 6.263€ in revenue. Some invoices from the previous month will be going out this week.

On Linkedin things are kinda getting slower since I came back from my vacation in January. My posts lately don’t get as many views as they used to, but are still performing decently.

I also met with a startup, who came to me through Linkedin, last week and they really need my service. This would be a pretty good deal since they’d need help on an ongoing basis and I’m trying to get more clients on a monthly recurring basis.

Currently I have about 3.200€ on MRR and several one time projects, although I’m trying to convince the one time projects that they’ll need more help in the future. Which is true since I’m doing mainly SEO.

I thought it might also be a good idea to start posting on other places again as well as producing more content for my own website. Especially the latter suffered in the last couple months. Because of all the work I’m doing for my clients I didn’t take as much time for my own website.

But I consistently get traffic to my website (around 500 visits per month) from the articles I published last year - it’s starting to gain traction after all. Unfortunately it’s not really relevant traffic for business since the articles have more of an informational search intent.

Nevertheless it’s good to see things moving in the right direction.

For the next couple weeks I want to try some outbound marketing. I think it’s a good idea to not be dependent on only one marketing channel (which is currently Linkedin for me). Although I’m not really an outbound type of person I’d like to give it a shot and see the results of an strategic outbound campaign.

That’s it for this month's update!

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Update for February:

Hi everyone,

February was again a solid month with 6.263€ in revenue. Some invoices from the previous month will be going out this week.

On Linkedin things are kinda getting slower since I came back from my vacation in January. My posts lately don’t get as many views as they used to, but are still performing decently.

I also met with a startup, who came to me through Linkedin, last week and they really need my service. This would be a pretty good deal since they’d need help on an ongoing basis and I’m trying to get more clients on a monthly recurring basis.

Currently I have about 3.200€ on MRR and several one time projects, although I’m trying to convince the one time projects that they’ll need more help in the future. Which is true since I’m doing mainly SEO.

I thought it might also be a good idea to start posting on other places again as well as producing more content for my own website. Especially the latter suffered in the last couple months. Because of all the work I’m doing for my clients I didn’t take as much time for my own website.

But I consistently get traffic to my website (around 500 visits per month) from the articles I published last year - it’s starting to gain traction after all. Unfortunately it’s not really relevant traffic for business since the articles have more of an informational search intent.

Nevertheless it’s good to see things moving in the right direction.

For the next couple weeks I want to try some outbound marketing. I think it’s a good idea to not be dependent on only one marketing channel (which is currently Linkedin for me). Although I’m not really an outbound type of person I’d like to give it a shot and see the results of an strategic outbound campaign.

That’s it for this month's update!
I’m posting daily on Twitter. Have you considered Twitter?

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 11, 2016
I’m posting daily on Twitter. Have you considered Twitter?
I've posted on Twitter when I started out with practically every plattform last year. And to be honest I really like Twitter, but it never took off like Linkedin so that's why I focused more on the latter.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 11, 2016
Update for March:

Hi everybody,

March was another solid month for me with 5.128€ in revenue.
Besides my monthly clients I had some more people coming up to me (mainly through Linkedin) that have a high probability on becoming recurring customers.

Linkedin is still going strong. But I also decided to promote some of my articles via Facebook & Google ads just to get some additonal visitors to my website. For that I've created customized informational content for a specific niche. With the clear call-to-action inside the article there is a higher probability of people converting to customers.

I haven't set up a proper email list yet, but I think that's the next logical step to capture leads and build a stronger relationship with my audience.

Work is actually pretty good right now but somehow I'm kinda in an emotional downphase. Can't even explain why, but it feels more difficult than usual to do my daily tasks.
I'm pretty sure that is due to all the other things going on right now and entering lockdown number 4 here in Austria. I hope the end is coming sooner than later because it's really starting to get on my nerves.

Maybe you have a cool tip how you stay motivated or driven the days when work isn't as fun as usual.

Until then my next update will come next month (hopefully in a better mood).

BizyDad

Know Thyself
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I'm kinda in an emotional downphase. Can't even explain why
When I get like this, and there's no inciting incident to cause it, I look at my habits. What have I eaten (or not eaten) that may be the cause? Am I getting the right mix of vitamins & minerals? Have I gotten enough sun? Do I need to exercise a little more? Have I been getting less sleep than I need?

Try journaling your daily food intake. That's how I was able to link certain foods (like pizza, which is one of my favorites) to a lower emotional state the next day. Now I'm much more conscious of the choice I make and if I do get down emotionally, I often have a clearer picture of why (cause I just can't quit pizza. Sometimes we're on a break, but I always go back...) It's also how I leanred that avocado, turkey, and green tea are emotion boosters for me. You can combine it with a sleep journal to figure out the "right" amount of sleep for you.

As for the tip, it's easier to keep the downs in perspective and power through when you know its temporary because of one of those issue above and easily addressed. Honestly, a long walk often resets my mood, especially if its around trees, but it could be just on a treadmill..

Hope that helps.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 11, 2016
When I get like this, and there's no inciting incident to cause it, I look at my habits. What have I eaten (or not eaten) that may be the cause? Am I getting the right mix of vitamins & minerals? Have I gotten enough sun? Do I need to exercise a little more? Have I been getting less sleep than I need?

Try journaling your daily food intake. That's how I was able to link certain foods (like pizza, which is one of my favorites) to a lower emotional state the next day. Now I'm much more conscious of the choice I make and if I do get down emotionally, I often have a clearer picture of why (cause I just can't quit pizza. Sometimes we're on a break, but I always go back...) It's also how I leanred that avocado, turkey, and green tea are emotion boosters for me. You can combine it with a sleep journal to figure out the "right" amount of sleep for you.

As for the tip, it's easier to keep the downs in perspective and power through when you know its temporary because of one of those issue above and easily addressed. Honestly, a long walk often resets my mood, especially if its around trees, but it could be just on a treadmill..

Hope that helps.
It's funny you mention that because I started reading Atomic Habits again this week and thought about the same thing. You're probably right my habits aren't what they used to be. Will start to change it for the better again.
Thanks for your input.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - can you DM me your info and I will send on some proper links. I could type it out but it...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads