You've probably heard over and over again that "You've got to take action!"
And it's all nice and swell and surely it would help. If only it were that easy. It's like telling a depressed person to just smile and go outside and believing that everything is going to magically be solved.
Well, action isn't magic, and that's a good thing... because magic isn't real.
Your actions, however, are real.
Action is the single most effective way to affect reality and achieve your goals.
But why am I bringing this up now?
Why should you care?
Because I, like many other people on this beautiful journey we call life, have struggled and failed and given up and started over... over and over again. Pretty much since the moment I began walking down my entrepreneurial path. I've had some successes, won some things, made some money...
But I've always been one step behind where I wanted to be.
If only I could sustain my action enough to leverage the wins and turn them into major success.
You see... I believe that understanding action, what makes it happen, how you can influence and control it, and why it is sometimes impossible, will lead to my and your predictable and inevitable self-actualization. To victory.
We live in an unusual period in history, but one filled to the brim with opportunity.
Now is the time to turn what we know into a lasting source of value in the world.
Now, look... I've done direct marketing for nearly a decade. I read TMF when I was 16 and applied its lessons to win my freedom. Great. I've sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Helped a dozen people grow their business enough to guarantee their independence... But that wasn't enough.
It's been nowhere near enough. Because, although I've got the skills and knowledge and experience and results to back up my understanding. I have failed. Despite employing my direct-response ability to drive myself and others to take action.
And despite my efforts leading to reliable results enough times to survive.
I have failed—
While action is often seen as a short-term event, true Action is a process.
A continuous deliberate march towards a desired outcome.
And I have failed to hold a stable vision of my future. A clear purpose. A strong will.
Or persistent Action—
So, despite working for so long, I have not realized my dreams, nor actualized myself.
I am, therefore, not a master, nor an expert or a guru. I don't have a PhD in Philosophy or Psychology or Praxeology.
I don't have a multi-million dollar cashflow business or exited for a billion.
I am, but a student of reality on a quest to learn and better apply our understanding...
Through Action!
Still, if you don't want to fall prey to the same monsters that have devoured my potential and stalled my progress.
And if you want to understand why and how humans enact their will, you'll want to read on...
In this series of posts, I will be pursuing Action
—through the lens of scientific and philosophic, but also practical understanding of the human mind.
I will be standing on the shoulders of giants and employing the work of genius minds such as Ludwig von Mises, David Hume, Sun Tzu, Friedrich Nietzsche, John von Neumann, and many others, but also employing new discoveries from the fields of Econophysics, Behavioral Psychology, and my profession: Marketing.
We will be looking at both logical and philosophical underpinnings, but also practical applications that you can wield to better achieve your goals and help more people. And our view will take varied perspectives, from both a top-down and bottom-up approach to human behavior.
You know. So that we may, in the end, greatly multiply the impact of our time and efforts as we...
Achieve the Mastery of Action.
Along with extraordinary progress and accomplishments throughout this pursuit.
Let this be an open discourse, as we should all continue being students of the arts and sciences for as long as we live.
And your experiences and insights shall prove to be valuable context on this journey.
Feel free to debate, poke, and prod, as I will look to not just preach my ideas, but put them to the test, and prove their worth in the free marketplace of ideas.
For truth is the only thing that outstands the passage of time.
With that being said... the next post shall go into Purpose, the underlying guide of Action.
Read on to share in my pursuit.
"Stop overthinking things and just act!"
-Some patronizing guru
And it's all nice and swell and surely it would help. If only it were that easy. It's like telling a depressed person to just smile and go outside and believing that everything is going to magically be solved.
Well, action isn't magic, and that's a good thing... because magic isn't real.
Your actions, however, are real.
Action is the single most effective way to affect reality and achieve your goals.
"You must enact your vision to realize your desires."
-Speed, now
But why am I bringing this up now?
Why should you care?
Because I, like many other people on this beautiful journey we call life, have struggled and failed and given up and started over... over and over again. Pretty much since the moment I began walking down my entrepreneurial path. I've had some successes, won some things, made some money...
But I've always been one step behind where I wanted to be.
If only I could sustain my action enough to leverage the wins and turn them into major success.
You see... I believe that understanding action, what makes it happen, how you can influence and control it, and why it is sometimes impossible, will lead to my and your predictable and inevitable self-actualization. To victory.
We live in an unusual period in history, but one filled to the brim with opportunity.
Now is the time to turn what we know into a lasting source of value in the world.
"The best time to act was yesterday. The next best time is now"
-some guy
Now, look... I've done direct marketing for nearly a decade. I read TMF when I was 16 and applied its lessons to win my freedom. Great. I've sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Helped a dozen people grow their business enough to guarantee their independence... But that wasn't enough.
It's been nowhere near enough. Because, although I've got the skills and knowledge and experience and results to back up my understanding. I have failed. Despite employing my direct-response ability to drive myself and others to take action.
And despite my efforts leading to reliable results enough times to survive.
I have failed—
While action is often seen as a short-term event, true Action is a process.
A continuous deliberate march towards a desired outcome.
And I have failed to hold a stable vision of my future. A clear purpose. A strong will.
Or persistent Action—
So, despite working for so long, I have not realized my dreams, nor actualized myself.
I am, therefore, not a master, nor an expert or a guru. I don't have a PhD in Philosophy or Psychology or Praxeology.
I don't have a multi-million dollar cashflow business or exited for a billion.
I am, but a student of reality on a quest to learn and better apply our understanding...
Through Action!
Still, if you don't want to fall prey to the same monsters that have devoured my potential and stalled my progress.
And if you want to understand why and how humans enact their will, you'll want to read on...
In this series of posts, I will be pursuing Action
—through the lens of scientific and philosophic, but also practical understanding of the human mind.
I will be standing on the shoulders of giants and employing the work of genius minds such as Ludwig von Mises, David Hume, Sun Tzu, Friedrich Nietzsche, John von Neumann, and many others, but also employing new discoveries from the fields of Econophysics, Behavioral Psychology, and my profession: Marketing.
We will be looking at both logical and philosophical underpinnings, but also practical applications that you can wield to better achieve your goals and help more people. And our view will take varied perspectives, from both a top-down and bottom-up approach to human behavior.
You know. So that we may, in the end, greatly multiply the impact of our time and efforts as we...
Achieve the Mastery of Action.
Along with extraordinary progress and accomplishments throughout this pursuit.
Let this be an open discourse, as we should all continue being students of the arts and sciences for as long as we live.
And your experiences and insights shall prove to be valuable context on this journey.
Feel free to debate, poke, and prod, as I will look to not just preach my ideas, but put them to the test, and prove their worth in the free marketplace of ideas.
For truth is the only thing that outstands the passage of time.
With that being said... the next post shall go into Purpose, the underlying guide of Action.
Read on to share in my pursuit.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
