The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Proposals

Chip01

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
Hi guys

Just wanted your take on the way you do proposals

I've recently had someone interested in my service (digital marketing) and they asked me to send over a proposal. I sent them a PDF with 4 pages that had a list of our services, what they entail and their prices but I'm not sure this is enough

I'm wondering if any of you have any tips on what to include in my proposals? I've recently connected with someone on LinkedIn who I'd like to send a proposal to as well so want to ensure I get this one the best it can be - and to have a good template to work from in the future

Thanks in advance

EDIT: The proposal I am looking to send on LinkedIn is for web design & maintenance as they currently don't have one + SEO services and, possibly, PPC ads

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Creed

Expansion always, in all ways
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Let me get this straight: you sent them a list of your services, description and prices? Like a menu?

OP
OP
C

Chip01

New Contributor
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
Let me get this straight: you sent them a list of your services, description and prices? Like a menu?
I suppose you could say that. I have productised my service so it’s packages we offer, not tailored quotes

NewManRising

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 30, 2017
White City, OR
Show me your proposal and I will critique it. I've written quite a few outlines/proposals/contracts and I usually talk about what business solution(s) my services solve. Remember, you're not selling writing, web design or marketing, you're solving a business problem.

You have to explain your "plan" for achieving their objectives/goals. You also have to find problems they are overlooking or are unaware of. This is where your "expertise" has to shine.

Creed

Expansion always, in all ways
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
I doubt that your customer knows what they need. There's a reason they're not doing anything web design, SEO related. Probably because they don't know what they need. In my experience, customers rarely know what they really want/need.

You have a solution, but you need to show your customer WHY they need the solution, based on the problem, need they are currently experiencing. I don't think just sending them a list of your offerings is the way to go. Make sure you think with them on how your product can help their specific problem or need.

Champion

Bronze Contributor
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
I agree with Creed. Perhaps what you need more than a proposal is first a discovery meeting to find out what exactly the problems of your potential customer are? Then you move forward and give him options/possible solutions.

Analysis by Paralysis is real. If you give him a list of all the services you provide and he has no idea what he needs, he will likely choose nothing or just as bad, the wrong one.

Best,
Champion

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2019
You're not mcdonalds so don't give them a menue.

Talk to them and figure out what they are wanting to accomplish, what obstacles and problems they currently face, and their pain points. Then, much like a doctor, you prescribe one of your services as the cure/solution.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Did you give them any reason to trust you, to like you, and to want to do business with you?

Think about how you would feel if someone offered you a service and told you nothing more than the fact that they do that service.

Walter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom