The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Paid Copywriting Mentorship ( I'll Pay You )

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey guys,

Just want to answer a quick question about the non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.

These agreements are only to ensure the privacy and security of my clients and my intellectual property.

They do not in any way hinder you from obtaining clients via Upwork or any other place.

In fact, I absolutely want you to take action and get clients when we work together.

Otherwise this would just be a job and wouldn't truly benefit you.

I'm reviewing applications now. There's still time to submit if you want to. Just get it to me by midnight tomorrow night. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Hey guys,

Just want to answer a quick question about the non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.

These agreements are only to ensure the privacy and security of my clients and my intellectual property.

They do not in any way hinder you from obtaining clients via Upwork or any other place.

In fact, I absolutely want you to take action and get clients when we work together.

Otherwise this would just be a job and wouldn't truly benefit you.

I'm reviewing applications now. There's still time to submit if you want to. Just get it to me by midnight tomorrow night. Thanks.
Whoever get this, take this shot, it's a really good opportunity. I have a feeling Lex will pick the right person. Just return the favor and help someone later on when you are an epic copywriter. XD

Kane9

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
654%
May 31, 2016
London
This is a great opportunity. I fear that in discovering this thread this morning I've missed the boat, but best of luck to whoever is chosen!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Keep an eye out. I may do it again if it goes well.

Cut off for applications was last night at midnight.

I'll review the remainder of applicants this week and should have a decision by next weekend.

Kane9

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
654%
May 31, 2016
London
Keep an eye out. I may do it again if it goes well.
Great. I shall do that! I was a bit cheeky and sent something over this morning once I discovered the thread, but was fully aware that I was chancing my luck and it may get deleted as I sent it after the deadline! In the mean time I'll crack on with the goldmine of other information that you have provided on this forum. Thanks Lex.

SuperDuper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 13, 2016

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
I've read the book. Should writing copy only be used to sell my own products/services?

Just writing copy is not really a Fastlane business. You're not separate from your time. You can get paid quite well, better than most even, but in the end you're still getting paid for the hours you put in. You want to stop writing? There goes your paycheck.

So Lex's mentorship is not necessarily THE way to a Fastlane Existence (although to be fair, that existence does differ from person to person). However, knowing how to sell is invaluable. Plus, using copywriting skills to freelance can help augment your income and fund your Fastlane.

I believe Vigilante's comment is centered around you wanting to learn copywriting so that you can work for Lex. Which is the definition of a job.

Those of us who applied are seeking to learn copywriting for a number of different reasons, but for most of us, there's a goal we're working towards. A Fastlane Existence. Copywriting is merely a step in that direction, but it isn't the end-goal. Some want to go freelance to escape the 9-5 and then segway into entrepreneurship. Others want to know how to sell their products. Some need a side-hustle to get their real business off the ground.

So why do you want to learn copy? Is it to work for someone else? To help your business? I would suggest finding out why you want to, before you devote any large amount of time to it.

Know your reason
for what you're doing.

Last edited:

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
Hey it's me, SinisterLex...

I have too many clients, not enough hours, and turn down more by the day.

That means money goes somewhere else and not to me. I don't like it...

So this is an opportunity for those who wanna write copy.

Probably some of you would do it for free, but why when you can earn cash?

So here's the deal...

I will pay you a fixed-rate amount on the 1st day of each month to write for me.

$300 for the first 2 months.

If it goes well and you free up my time I'll raise it to $500 a month.

If it goes well and you free up my time and your writing is good I'll raise it to $1000 a month.

Basically as my money goes up so does yours, plus you get direct on-going feedback from me.

This ensures we both benefit from this exchange.

At first I may send a variety of stuff across industries, but I'm mainly only taking clients in one niche.

It's a good chance to learn stuff I plan to charge others for later on.

There may be other earning opportunities at later dates depending on how involved you want to be.

Here's what you need to know:

This is mostly casual, creative web content copywriting
• You may be asked to write up to 15,000 words in a given month
• Usually it won't be more than 4k to 6k and probably mainly blogs or emails
• Sometimes there may be a sales page, landing page etc.
• You don't have to do much research. I'll send you what you need for each project.
• You will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement
• You will have to sign a non-compete agreement
• You do need to know how to tell a story and how to write to sell
• You do need to be able to write in other voices & styles

Some benefits:

• When you turn a project in I'll give you feedback to help you grow
• You get free (paid) mentoring by someone really really really ridiculously good looking
• You get cash to fund whatever other shit you're working on
• And it's paid up front so you don't have to wait forever
• And if you're on UpWork I can pay the fixed-rate hourly so your profile gets stronger too
• Sorry, I will not cover the 20% fee if you choose to go through Upwork
• But I will do what I can to help you make more money so it's worth your time
• You get actual factual copywriting experience and you'll build portfolio pieces

Absolutely MUST-HAVE requirements or else don't bother...

You must be open to feedback. I know wtf I'm doing and I know how to help you grow.
• Don't waste my time. If you're not ready to make money and grow as a copywriter...don't apply.
• If you don't have time, don't apply. If you can't deliver a 1k word blog post in a day, don't apply.
• If you're stuck on Gary Halbert and have the emotional capacity of a rock, please for the love of god don't apply.
• If you think you know it all, don't apply.
• If your own scaredy cat limitations tend to hold you back, don't apply.

• If you need cash to fund other Fastlane pursuits...DO apply.
• If you want to get paid to learn to write copy...DO apply.
• If you don't mind writing vulgar language sometimes...DO apply.
• If you want to work with me...DO apply.
• If you're ready to take action and step slightly outside your comfort zone...DO apply.

The right person really has a lot of room to grow. Come with an empty cup, ready to fill it up. I'll find new ways to make it worth it for you to stick around should you choose. I don't care if you're brand new or been around the block as long as you perform.

To be considered, please tell me a story.

Write a blog post on what Fastlane Freedom means to you.

Please answer the following questions in your post:

1. What does Fastlane Freedom mean to you and what does your Fastlane lifestyle look like?
2. What do you currently struggle with most?
3. If I could grant you one wish, what would it be?
4. How committed are you to learning to write copy?
5. Why should I choose you?

Please send your story as a .pdf to me at lex@apollyonsfavor.com along with anything else you feel I should consider in my decision. Feel free to post questions here or email those to me too. That's all.

Just do it.

Yours Truly,
SinisterLex

Answers to early questions:

Q - Is there a deadline?

A - Whenever I find the right person. (I want someone ASAP.)
A - I'm traveling this week and won't make a decision before early next week.

Q - How long should it be?
A - However long you think it needs to be to sell me on you.
I am in. I WANT AND NEED THIS. It is in perfect alignment with what I want to do. Here are some examples of my work. I would love to be paid to learn and improve. https://4pmatrix.com/2016/08/08/do-you-wonder-if-you-have-a-great-business-idea/

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
With Upwork now declining new copywriting Freelancers (they tightened their quality control), it will be very hard to even get your profile accepted on Upwork now - especially if you have zero experience. If you're considering becoming a copywriter, then this mentor-ship is a no-brainer.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Just writing copy is not really a Fastlane business. You're not separate from your time. You can get paid quite well, better than most even, but in the end you're still getting paid for the hours you put in. You want to stop writing? There goes your paycheck.

So Lex's mentorship is not necessarily THE way to a Fastlane Existence (although to be fair, that existence does differ from person to person). However, knowing how to sell is invaluable. Plus, using copywriting skills to freelance can help augment your income and fund your Fastlane.

I believe Vigilante's comment is centered around you wanting to learn copywriting so that you can work for Lex. Which is the definition of a job.

Those of us who applied are seeking to learn copywriting for a number of different reasons, but for most of us, there's a goal we're working towards. A Fastlane Existence. Copywriting is merely a step in that direction, but it isn't the end-goal. Some want to go freelance to escape the 9-5 and then segway into entrepreneurship. Others want to know how to sell their products. Some need a side-hustle to get their real business off the ground.

So why do you want to learn copy? Is it to work for someone else? To help your business? I would suggest finding out why you want to, before you devote any large amount of time to it.

Know your reason
for what you're doing.

This right here. Well said @Invictus

@SuperDuper Don't take this mentorship as your way to be making money. All that is doing is putting your right back into the Slowlane, working for someone else. However, this opportunity can be a make or break for some people who want to learn how to sell their own products, learn the concepts of sales(in general,) start up their own copywriting business etc.

The list really goes on.

The important distinction is that the primary goal is NOT to make money from this mentorship, but rather quite a generous bonus that @SinisterLex is offering.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I am in. I WANT AND NEED THIS. It is in perfect alignment with what I want to do. Here are some examples of my work. I would love to be paid to learn and improve. https://4pmatrix.com/2016/08/08/do-you-wonder-if-you-have-a-great-business-idea/

I advise anyone who is applying for this to follow every single instruction 100%. How you do one thing is how you do everything.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey ya'll,

Just a quick update. I've selected a trainee.

It was really challenging because there were a lot of great applications.

The decision was made based on a number of factors including:

• Application response
• Timeliness of response
• Uniqueness of response
• Past record of execution
• Writing ability
• General motivation level
• Attention to detail
• Other stuff I'm probably forgetting now

@Vigilante wanted to know who was chosen, so this post is that announcement.

The person I chose is @Aimee

She's been around the forum long enough to understand the mindset of winner, and she's taken action numerous times to create income systems of her own. Her posts tend to be less "what can you do for me" and she's shared helpful tidbits and encouragement time and time again.

We'll meet this weekend to discuss her goals and how I can help her move forward.

At some point one of us will probably start a new progress thread to keep up as she becomes the 2nd best copywriter in the world! (Next to me of course :D)

Note to everyone who didn't get picked:

Thank you for taking the time to apply. If you didn't get picked, it is what it is, and it ain't nothin' personal. Keep on truckin', take action, help others, and drive on.

Just do it.

Last edited:

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
Thanks for the opportunity Lex.

From your threads, Youtube videos, book recommendations, and on - I've learned a lot these past two weeks.

Not only about copywriting, but general mindset.

You are beyond generous with your resources.

Congratulations @Aimee, it's well deserved. You'll do great.

P.S. @SinisterLex, you might just have some competition for that #1 spot in the future. ;)

Last edited:

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Hey ya'll,

Just a quick update. I've selected a trainee.

It was really challenging because there were a lot of great applications.

The decision was made based on a number of factors including:

• Application response
• Timeliness of response
• Uniqueness of response
• Past record of execution
• Writing ability
• General motivation level
• Attention to detail
• Other stuff I'm probably forgetting now

@Vigilante wanted to know who was chosen, so this post is that announcement.

The person I chose is @Aimee

She's been around the forum long enough to understand the mindset of winner, and she's taken action numerous times to create income systems of her own. Her posts tend to be less "what can you do for me" and she's shared helpful tidbits and encouragement time and time again.

We'll meet this weekend to discuss her goals and how I can help her move forward.

At some point one of us will probably start a new progress thread to keep up as she becomes the 2nd best copywriter in the world! (Next to me of course :D)

Note to everyone who didn't get picked:

Thank you for taking the time to apply. If you didn't get picked, it is what it is, and it ain't nothin' personal. Keep on truckin', take action, help others, and drive on.

Just do it.

Any way we can see the award winning copy that impressed one of, if not, THE best copywriter in the world? :D

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Aimee Don't screw this up. Give it 150% as we want a success story. Good luck.

Aimee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 3, 2014
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. :) Most of all thanks to Lex, I'm really looking forward to starting! We had our first Skype call this morning and it's looking good so far! :D

@Aimee Don't screw this up. Give it 150% as we want a success story. Good luck.

There will be a success story. There is no other option. ;)

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Awesome job @Aimee Looks like I'm going to have to follow a new progress thread pretty soon ;)
Of course, thank you to @SinisterLex for not only providing value to the forums, but mentoring. So much value exchanged on this forum, it's great!

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Guilty bump.

Any updates?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Guilty bump.

Any updates?

Not sure if @Aimee made a progress thread. It's been a bit so I don't remember.

She's been in school for a while now. Was picking up clients and making money fast tho.

She's not using copy as a Fastlane business but to pump gasoline into her Amazon business.

With any luck she'll post her progress on that soon if she has time. :)

At the very least she's now a competent copywriter who can:

A) Get clients anytime she wants
B) Is part of my INSIDERS mastermind and has access to the group and our monthly calls
C) Can write legit copy that helps generate sales on Amazon

So I'm really excited to see what comes next for her!

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Not sure if @Aimee made a progress thread. It's been a bit so I don't remember.

She's been in school for a while now. Was picking up clients and making money fast tho.

She's not using copy as a Fastlane business but to pump gasoline into her Amazon business.

With any luck she'll post her progress on that soon if she has time. :)

At the very least she's now a competent copywriter who can:

A) Get clients anytime she wants
B) Is part of my INSIDERS mastermind and has access to the group and our monthly calls
C) Can write legit copy that helps generate sales on Amazon

So I'm really excited to see what comes next for her!
Lex, I am just now starting copywriting as I've been convinced that the skill will increase the value that I bring greatly. If there is any way that I can help you and as a consequence develop my skills please let me know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.