• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Customer Service Own a Business? Answer Your Damn Phone

Discussion in 'People Mgmt: Customers, Employees, Investors' started by amp0193, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Paul Thomas

Paul Thomas Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,713
    Came in for Gold post. Left with mayonnaise knowledge.

samsara, jpanarra, Scot and 1 other person like this.
  2. Azure

Azure Perpetual Motion Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,681
    When you guys refer to "bulk", are you referencing pack size or order volume? Heinz definitely makes 5/10 lt tubs of mayo though. Not sure why you'd use Heinz over Hellman's though, the quality is generally considered to be lesser.

I deal directly with both French's, Heinz etc and may be able to help you out. I am in Canada though, so that may be prohibitive.

3. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $29,913
    Haha oh lord I turned this into a Mayonnais thread.

Long story short, it's for use in a specific diet. Most mayos have ingredients not allowed in this diet. I found a specific one that Heinz makes that's compliant for the diet.

If I was going by taste alone, I'd use Helmans for sure.

Edit: my copacker has a direct line to them so they're checking into it.

4. InspireHD

InspireHD Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,219
    Check out Just Mayo. Vegan friendly and tastes the same.

Scot likes this.
  5. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $29,913
    Thanks, I'll have to look into their ingredients list more and find out if they make foodservice size.

Btw, this is now a Mayonnaise thread.

MidwestLandlord and OldFaithful like this.
  6. bonitachika

bonitachika New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Great and bright example of unprofessionalism and how business owners lose their money due to the service management. The best way out in this case, would be an integrated service management software, which keeps records of all calls and customers' queries. Moreover, it is easier in such a way to keep all the things under control and understand why your company does not have an increasing number of customers.

Certg and Peta of JamRock like this.
  7. Peta of JamRock

Peta of JamRock Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $135
    Wow.

So I came here to ask where and how you'd go about learning customer service skills apart from having good manners and home training, and I learned "Answer your flipping phone!". It's common sense but that isn't all that common. I could recount my own cruddy experiences but I'd rather make notes instead.

[​IMG]

I'll throw out a general question: what resources (whether free or cheap) would you recommend for a fledgling micro/small business with just one person running the show (for now)? I'm taking stock of what skills I currently possess and if they're enough to carry me through or if I need to strengthen them with knowledge/training as I forge ahead. For right now, I'm concentrating on providing services. I might be tiny, but size is no reason to not be as mighty as I can.

Certg and Aaron T like this.
  8. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,022
    Could it be that some employees don't answer their phone because we've all gone VCS (vocal conversation stupid) with texting and tweeting?

Or does it boil down to that age old question: will you put in the work?

9. minivanman

minivanman Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,747
    When I had my cleaning business we answered calls 24/7. You would not believe the number of calls I received at 2am from people wanting to know if we could come do an estimate. With my current business I am not dependent on the income so I can set my own rules. So here is what I did, since I drive a lot nowadays I can't really take calls or text and drive so I changed my voice mail to this:

Text me please ###-###-#### Thank you.

Almost everyone that gets the message does text me. Since I've gone to this method I actually found that I helped myself in more ways than one. Now I don't have to remember who called and about what as I am on the road. Plus, now I have the date/time stamp of the text for future reference. It is working great for me. I know it might not work well for others and some people might not like the idea at all. But, that's why I'm in the position I'm in and not having to depend on this business is because I've always tried to stay ahead of my time. By the way, 50% of all the washers/dryers that we sell are sold around midnight. Luckily my sales people start around noon and stay up LATE!! :)

10. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,890
    Just curious, do you promote that you have a 24 hour contact? Or are there just a lot of weirdos out there lol.

11. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,890
    I'm just flat out AMAZED this is even an issue for so many businesses.

I saw my Dad do it for years (Electrical business) and it drove me crazy. I learnt a hell of a lot in my teenage years watching him mismanage his business unfortunately (or fortunately if you look at it another way). Nothing could get though to him.

No joke, some small tweaks to how he ran his business, largely including customer service, and he could have been hugely successful. Instead, his competitors became millionaires.

12. minivanman

Rep Bank:
    $2,747
    Weirdos are just normal every day people. Did I promote it for 19 years for my cleaning business? Never. Do I promote it now? Not once. Over the last 10 years people have changed a lot. Moms finally get time to have quiet time or dads finish their work or vice versa. More and more people are awake during the late hours. I can drive through Dallas at 7am or 5pm or 11pm or 3am and the traffic is sometimes almost as bad no matter the time. A few weeks ago I pulled on to our cross street about 10pm and you would have thought it was
    5 o'clock traffic. I don't know if they are weirdos... I'm up late every night (it's 1:23am right now). I'll get up at 6:43, make my grandson breakfast, take him to school and be back asleep by 9am... sleep till noon and start my day. I'm happy for my night owls. While all my competitors are asleep, I'm basically stealing their customers! :)

13. MattR82

Rep Bank:
    $1,890
    Calling them weirdos was a bit flippant. But calling a business like that at 2am isn't something I would personally do unless it was an emergency, so that's why I found it a little surprising is all.

Now, taking the calls, that's another matter. Gravy :)

Andy Black likes this.
  14. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $131,475
    Love this. I was thinking of putting a voicemail message up asking them to email me. Texting might be better.

minivanman likes this.
  15. minivanman

Rep Bank:
    $2,747
    Be sure to have a HAPPY tone and the very 1st thing you need to say is..... TEXT ME PLEASE!! ###-###-#### Thank you.

Don't start the message off with crap, "Ummmm, hello or something, aaaaahhhhhh can you text me?". Just tell them what you want them to do and do it fast and very upbeat. I can't say it would work for everyone but it works for me.

Certg and Peta of JamRock like this.