- Joined
- Dec 16, 2022
- Messages
- 48
Rep Bank
$365
$365
User Power: 198%
I am feeling overwhelmed. Overstretched and unproductive.
It is the busiest time of the year in my day job. Tasks are piling up. I’m traveling a lot. Things are getting forgotten. My mind is busy.
Weekends are filled up with social events.
I have set targets for my fastlane. The chaos of day-to-day life is slowing progress.
I am time-poor.
I am energy poor.
I am slacking on good habits. I have become complacent.
I must find a way out of this. There is no other option.
I skimmed through eEsentialism the other day, one of my top 5 books. It was a much-needed reminder.
I’m sharing my quick-fire action plan and some quotes from the book. Would love to hear your thoughts or advice.
Quotes from Essentialism by Greg McKeown
“Simplify. Do Less. Do It Better.”
Rule 1: We can choose how to spend our energy and time.
Rule 2: Almost everything is noise… very few things are exceptionally valuable.
Rule 3: We can’t have it all or do it all.
“Remember that if you don’t prioritize your life someone else will.”
“Essentialism is not about how to get more things done; it’s about how to get the right things done. It doesn’t mean just doing less for the sake of less either. It is about making the wisest possible investment of your time and energy in order to operate at our highest point of contribution by doing only what is essential.”
“You cannot overestimate the unimportance of practically everything.”
“What if we stopped celebrating being busy as a measurement of importance? What if instead we celebrated how much time we had spent listening, pondering, meditating, and enjoying time with the most important people in our lives?”
“Essentialists see trade-offs as an inherent part of life, not as an inherently negative part of life. Instead of asking, “What do I have to give up?” they ask, “What do I want to go big on?”
“There should be no shame in admitting to a mistake; after all, we really are only admitting that we are now wiser than we once were.”
“Sometimes what you don’t do is just as important as what you do.”
“The way of the Essentialist means living by design, not by default. Instead of making choices reactively, the Essentialist deliberately distinguishes the vital few from the trivial many, eliminates the nonessentials, and then removes obstacles so the essential things have clear, smooth passage. In other words, Essentialism is a disciplined, systematic approach for determining where our highest point of contribution lies, then making execution of those things almost effortless.”
Actions:
Get organined
What is essential
What is not essential?
I’m going to batch exercise, meditation and scheduling into a morning routine. 7am -9am.
It is the busiest time of the year in my day job. Tasks are piling up. I’m traveling a lot. Things are getting forgotten. My mind is busy.
Weekends are filled up with social events.
I have set targets for my fastlane. The chaos of day-to-day life is slowing progress.
I am time-poor.
I am energy poor.
I am slacking on good habits. I have become complacent.
I must find a way out of this. There is no other option.
I skimmed through eEsentialism the other day, one of my top 5 books. It was a much-needed reminder.
I’m sharing my quick-fire action plan and some quotes from the book. Would love to hear your thoughts or advice.
Quotes from Essentialism by Greg McKeown
“Simplify. Do Less. Do It Better.”
Rule 1: We can choose how to spend our energy and time.
Rule 2: Almost everything is noise… very few things are exceptionally valuable.
Rule 3: We can’t have it all or do it all.
“Remember that if you don’t prioritize your life someone else will.”
“Essentialism is not about how to get more things done; it’s about how to get the right things done. It doesn’t mean just doing less for the sake of less either. It is about making the wisest possible investment of your time and energy in order to operate at our highest point of contribution by doing only what is essential.”
“You cannot overestimate the unimportance of practically everything.”
“What if we stopped celebrating being busy as a measurement of importance? What if instead we celebrated how much time we had spent listening, pondering, meditating, and enjoying time with the most important people in our lives?”
“Essentialists see trade-offs as an inherent part of life, not as an inherently negative part of life. Instead of asking, “What do I have to give up?” they ask, “What do I want to go big on?”
“There should be no shame in admitting to a mistake; after all, we really are only admitting that we are now wiser than we once were.”
“Sometimes what you don’t do is just as important as what you do.”
“The way of the Essentialist means living by design, not by default. Instead of making choices reactively, the Essentialist deliberately distinguishes the vital few from the trivial many, eliminates the nonessentials, and then removes obstacles so the essential things have clear, smooth passage. In other words, Essentialism is a disciplined, systematic approach for determining where our highest point of contribution lies, then making execution of those things almost effortless.”
Actions:
- Get organised - this is number one - make this simple
- What is essential?
- What is not essential?
Get organined
- Work - Monday.com
- Personal/business - Goal Sumo
- Start every day with a routine and a plan
What is essential
- Exercise
- Meditation
- Scheduling
- Diet
- Focus - I must follow a schedule (even if not perfect). I must do one thing at a time.
- Getting on top of Job workload - without this, my focus on everything else cannot pinpoint.
- Continue posting on groups and reaching out to potential clients
What is not essential?
- Staying up late
- YouTube
- Trying to do everything at once
- Looking for other productivity systems and ignoring the obvious
I’m going to batch exercise, meditation and scheduling into a morning routine. 7am -9am.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
