The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One Person Business Model

Idea threads

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Has anyone heard of Dan Koe? He talks about turning your skills, interests into a business.

Here is a video of him talking about it.

View: https://youtu.be/BZ2nSULolKI
Ha. I expect a few forum members might get triggered by this thread.

I came across Dan Keo on Twitter originally.
I might have even bought a short course off him, but I'm not sure as I never complete courses. I just buy them to go through their funnel and see what their setup is like.

I haven't watched his YouTube videos as I find his thinking (or presenting?) a bit hard to follow.

I'm trying to watch this one to comment. I'm only 12 mins in. I don't really understand his point. Work for yourself and do or don't have a team. It's your choice.

What he is doing that's great is letting more people know they don't have to follow the script.

He seems a bit hung up on the model that works for him though, which is post to social media and sell a product or service. That's not the only way people can get started in business, and kind of comes across as yet another form of script.

Curious what other people think.

What were your thoughts @Cojo?

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Ha. I expect a few forum members might get triggered by this thread.

I came across Dan Keo on Twitter originally.
I might have even bought a short course off him, but I'm not sure as I never complete courses. I just buy them to go through their funnel and see what their setup is like.

I haven't watched his YouTube videos as I find his thinking (or presenting?) a bit hard to follow.

I'm trying to watch this one to comment. I'm only 12 mins in. I don't really understand his point. Work for yourself and do or don't have a team. It's your choice.

What he is doing that's great is letting more people know they don't have to follow the script.

He seems a bit hung up on the model that works for him though, which is post to social media and sell a product or service. That's not the only way people can get started in business, and kind of comes across as yet another form of script.

Curious what other people think.

What were your thoughts @Cojo?
Well what I got so far is that he wants people to build a social media following then offer a product or service. Sounds like an obvious advice or maybe I'm oversimplying it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
Plenty of people turn themselves into a 'business' daily ... have you opened up a Instagram or Tik-Tok lately? :rofl::rofl:
I'm definitely not much active there but I have seen some YouTube videos.......

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Well what I got so far is that he wants people to build a social media following then offer a product or service. Sounds like an obvious advice or maybe I'm oversimplying it.
I watched all the video and am not sure what his conclusions or advice are. He spoke sense in places but then had some strange conclusions.

Like he thinks selling personalised coaching is more scalable than providing the service. Surely both can be scaled?

As for "building a following and then offering a product or service", why not start closer to the end and just offer a product or service?

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 29, 2021
I watched all the video and am not sure what his conclusions or advice are. He spoke sense in places but then had some strange conclusions.

Like he thinks selling personalised coaching is more scalable than providing the service. Surely both can be scaled?

As for "building a following and then offering a product or service", why not start closer to the end and just offer a product or service?
I guess he just trying to promote his courses. To be honest, I didn't understand much, that's why I sent it here to see what you guys thoughts would be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I guess he just trying to promote his courses. To be honest, I didn't understand much, that's why I sent it here to see what you guys thoughts would be.
Nothing wrong with promoting courses imo, especially if he gave 30 mins of free value first. I think many people are too quick to dismiss people who teach.

My reply to your takeaway was because I personally don't advise the first step into entrepreneurship to be posting on social media to build an audience.

I also think the "Follow me as I start as a newbie" angle is a bit overdone now. It's like the blind leading the blind. That's my own viewpoint though and people have and will continue to make it work.

I prefer "Get results. Teach people how to achieve similar results."

And prefer even more "Get results. Get even more results."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!