The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New To Blogging Some Advice

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

seanmegaw88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 3, 2021
Hi folks, My names Sean and I'm new to the FastLane Forum

I was wondering if there was any Bloggers on the forum, Or anyone who could give me some advice on starting a Blog.
What I was looking to know really is,

Is it normal for a blog to start really slow, I know it takes some time for google to index your posts and to get ranked on google, But was just wondering if this was normal going at a real slow pace. any sort of feedback would be absolutely perfect.
The Blog is in the Side Hustle Niche.

Would be very grateful if anyone could take a look and give me some feedback on the site, Hustleforprofit

Really appreciate it and look forward to your feedback..

Sean

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

themarkboogie

Mamba Mentality
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Oct 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Hi Sean. Welcome to the forum.

Ahrefs has a great free lesson on blogging for business. I'd recommend checking it out.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Hey Sean, I'm a content writer so I can give you some guidance.

Yes, it is perfectly normal for a blog to start very slow, especially in a niche as crowded as side hustles.

Things I noticed checking your blog:

1) It feels sluggish. Google cares a lot about blazing fast loading times. Can you improve your website's speed?
2) The writing has too many mistakes. The occasional typo is fine, but your website has way too many. I can hardly trust you because of all these errors.
3) The navigation is unclear. The 3 service pages are confusing. I'd rethink the site structure.
4) I'd consider niching down more. Side hustles are dime a dozen. Focus on one of the service categories you have in your navigation. You already have multiple articles on the blog about eBay. That seems like the obvious choice to me, but since I don't know you, I can't give you a definitive answer.

What are the strategies you are using to grow your audience? Is it all organic? I suggest working on building an email list.

Your blog posts don't have a CTA and aren't doing anything except existing. Which isn't the worst, as mere existence means indexing by Google. But you're wasting a lot of potential by not having them do something.

Your writing must be crystal clear and have 0 mistakes. Right now your pages and posts are full of typos and weird wording. You will never beat out someone who writes well with the content you're putting out.

You'll eventually improve your writing with practice. But the typos aren't going away without a conscious effort from your part. And don't capitalize random words in the middle of a sentence.

If you need more help on writing feel free to ask.

seanmegaw88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 3, 2021
Hi Sean. Welcome to the forum.

Ahrefs has a great free lesson on blogging for business. I'd recommend checking it out.

Hi mark mate,

Thanks a million pal. really appreciate that ill be sure to give that a go.

Sean

seanmegaw88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 3, 2021

Yes, it is perfectly normal for a blog to start very slow, especially in a niche as crowded as side hustles.

1) It feels sluggish. Google cares a lot about blazing fast loading times. Can you improve your website's speed?
2) The writing has too many mistakes. The occasional typo is fine, but your website has way too many. I can hardly trust you because of all these errors.
3) The navigation is unclear. The 3 service pages are confusing. I'd rethink the site structure.
4) I'd consider niching down more. Side hustles are dime a dozen. Focus on one of the service categories you have in your navigation. You already have multiple articles on the blog about eBay. That seems like the obvious choice to me, but since I don't know you, I can't give you a definitive answer.

What are the strategies you are using to grow your audience? Is it all organic? I suggest working on building an email list.

Your blog posts don't have a CTA and aren't doing anything except existing. Which isn't the worst, as mere existence means indexing by Google. But you're wasting a lot of potential by not having them do something.

Your writing must be crystal clear and have 0 mistakes. Right now your pages and posts are full of typos and weird wording. You will never beat out someone who writes well with the content you're putting out.

You'll eventually improve your writing with practice. But the typos aren't going away without a conscious effort from your part. And don't capitalize random words in the middle of a sentence.

If you need more help on writing feel free to ask.

seanmegaw88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 3, 2021

If you need more help on writing feel free to ask

Hi Madame

Thanks so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Im new to this blogging scene and don't really have a clue to be honest, But real eager to learn. I know my spelling and writing is something I really need to work on, especially taking on a blog lol.

I know Im not the best of writers and do need to learn how to word things better whilst writing, but in regards to running businesses I know what i'm talking about, and think I could offer some guidance to others that may need it.

When you say CTA what exactly does that mean, Is that monetising the blogs,

Again your feedback was really much appreciated.

Sean

Nick perry01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 6, 2020
Bates City, Missouri
One of the more obvious things(and more common sense) that I havent seen answered is:

Don't give up on your first failed blog, if your first blog doesn't get traction, so what? If your 100 blog doesnt get traction, so what? Same with your your 200th, 300th, and 500th. After all, it took thomas edison 10,000 tries to improve the (a/c?) current of the lightbulb

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
When you say CTA what exactly does that mean, Is that monetising the blogs,
I'm referring to having a CTA (call-to-action) at the end of your blog posts. Imagine someone reads one of your posts and found it insightful. You can get them to subscribe to your email list, or redirect them to your services page/correlated blog posts.

Basically, you want your blog posts to do something other than just existing and waiting for them to be indexed.

seanmegaw88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 3, 2021
One of the more obvious things(and more common sense) that I havent seen answered is:

Don't give up on your first failed blog, if your first blog doesn't get traction, so what? If your 100 blog doesnt get traction, so what? Same with your your 200th, 300th, and 500th. After all, it took thomas edison 10,000 tries to improve the (a/c?) current of the lightbulb
cheers pal appreciate the comment, im going to keep going full steam ahead. Ive made any other business I've started a success and can't see why I can't do the same here..

Thanks again Bud

seanmegaw88

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 3, 2021
I'm referring to having a CTA (call-to-action) at the end of your blog posts. Imagine someone reads one of your posts and found it insightful. You can get them to subscribe to your email list, or redirect them to your services page/correlated blog posts.

Basically, you want your blog posts to do something other than just existing and waiting for them to be indexed.
Yes sorry I don't know how I didn't work that one, call to action.

appreciate your feedback

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
I know my spelling and writing is something I really need to work on, especially taking on a blog.
I'd totally recommend using Grammarly. They have a free tool you can install to check your texts for errors, haven't tested the pro version yet though.

Combine it with this grammar checker - Online Editor – Grammar Checker (Free)

And you're golden on typos!

Though, if you don't have the time to sharpen your writing skills to the expert level it might be best to outsource the handling of the blogs (writing, SEO, proofreading etc) so you can focus on what really matters in your business.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Turn it all into instagram reels, tik toks, youtube shorts, etc. and then send the traffic to your blog for more detailed information.

Blogs are just a medium of spreading information. It's outdated, hard to get readers, etc. Go where the best ROI is and you'll find it grows 10x faster.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Is it normal for a blog to start really slow, I know it takes some time for google to index your posts and to get ranked on google
In my experience, the more crowded the niche, the slower the initial progress. This particular niche is among the hardest to get started in (read: hard, not impossible). If you keep writing, learning, and improving, there is space for you to carve out a corner.

When people ask "how long does it take" or "how fast can I" in the blogging space, I am reminded of a comment that I saw somewhere. The answer is basically, how long will it take you to write 75-100 excellent, long-form, valuable posts in your niche? For a really competitive niche, it could be 150+ posts. And then add 6 or so months to that time (to allow for Google to do it's thing).

The number of posts isn't really a magic number, it's just keywords, essentially. The more text on your site, the more keywords you have the potential to rank for, etc. If you write super long posts and they are well-optimized for search, you might find that you need fewer posts to really start seeing action on search engines.

Important to note: If you have extra skills in marketing and social media, or are an SEO expert, you might find that you can achieve your desired results a little faster. Regardless, it is definitely normal for it to take a while, which is why so many people give up. So, don't give up (you have indicated that you won't!), and you'll get there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.