The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Startup and crowdfunding

JoeBl89

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 30, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I've been working with a team to get our startup going and it recently went live on Kickstarter! I wanted to give a few insights in how we are trying to get funding to see if it might help some people or if you would have any suggestions.

You can check out my kickstarter here: [link removed by mod]

Thinking about getting my kickstarter funded while I was still planning the campaign seemed near impossible when I saw the sheer volume of similar kickstarters out there - how could I appeal to the backers and stand out from the competition?

I reached out to my network contacts
During the planning of my eyewear campaign I reached out to an Australian online eyewear retail company who I had worked with, so I could collect feedback and suggestions from over 200,000 customers to apply to my collection of eyewear. This is how I could be sure that my products appealed to the needs and interests of my backers.

I also reached out to co-workers,bloggers, friends and family, to help spread the word about my campaign before the launch. This grew my list of email subscribers and followers/likes on my campaign’s social media pages!

I set a reasonable goal When I started my kickstarter I decided on setting my pledge goal to be the minimum that I needed to raise. This made it more likely to be funded while appearing more successful in getting backers. No one wants to back something that is not even close to the goal, but people are more attracted in supporting something that was fully funded early on.

Thanks!
Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Everyone,

I've been working with a team to get our startup going and it recently went live on Kickstarter! I wanted to give a few insights in how we are trying to get funding to see if it might help some people or if you would have any suggestions.

You can check out my kickstarter here: [link removed by mod]

Thinking about getting my kickstarter funded while I was still planning the campaign seemed near impossible when I saw the sheer volume of similar kickstarters out there - how could I appeal to the backers and stand out from the competition?

I reached out to my network contacts
During the planning of my eyewear campaign I reached out to an Australian online eyewear retail company who I had worked with, so I could collect feedback and suggestions from over 200,000 customers to apply to my collection of eyewear. This is how I could be sure that my products appealed to the needs and interests of my backers.

I also reached out to co-workers,bloggers, friends and family, to help spread the word about my campaign before the launch. This grew my list of email subscribers and followers/likes on my campaign’s social media pages!

I set a reasonable goal When I started my kickstarter I decided on setting my pledge goal to be the minimum that I needed to raise. This made it more likely to be funded while appearing more successful in getting backers. No one wants to back something that is not even close to the goal, but people are more attracted in supporting something that was fully funded early on.

Thanks!
Joe
Hey Joe,

I hope another way of kickstarting your startup is not to post links into forums.

If you've insights into how to successfully run a kickstarter then we'd love to hear them. Or maybe you can update this thread with your progress and other forum members can support you and maybe even give helpful advice?

Welcome to the forum, and all the best with your startup.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.