The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking Advice on how to market my videogame crowdfunding campaign

Marketing, social media, advertising

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
Hey guys.

I made buildaguy.org, a crowdfunding campaign where I sell Doom Marines to raise money to build a new game platform that combines Doom and Minecraft.

The investmemt comes with a percentage of our platforms future revenue for life.

I’d love advice on how I should go about selling first 5 marines. I’m struggling with how to voice my offering and which crowd I should focus on.

I’m more interested in working with entrepreneurs looking for a fun investment.

I’d love your feedback.

Thanks in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Seems like a cool idea. Are there any copyright issues with the Doom sprites?

You could do with some more detail on exactly what this platform will do.

If I was going to pony up $2,500 I'd want to know exactly what was going on, the project, costs, the outcome, milestones.

Can you get a MVP made with some basic demos?

And with the numbers... you want the entire budget covered in return for 7.5% of revenues? Do you have any projections for revenues, or parallels from other companies you can use? Did I read correctly that the payout for investors will be capped?? What examples are there of this style of subscription model working?

How many people are involved? What's their background, what have they accomplished?

When I subscribe for $3.99/week, does that mean I can play all the games, or is that the cost for the people that want to make the games?

How is Doomkit going to promote itself, what's the marketing strategy?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.