The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need some advice (follow your passion? Binary options?)

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Haha. Printing money from people who want to print money.

I'm glad for you, you're pride of yourself how to print money, but it's not give me any idea about your topic.

Does he owe you that for some reason?

There's like a thousand people willing to vouch for his thread, and for him on this forum alone.

None of them have any financial incentive to do so.

Others took action, and they discovered things that changed their lives on the inside.

But you sit on the outside, and question it because specific proof (much like instructions) isn't offered.

Nobody owes you shit. Especially not one of the most legendary contributors on this board.

If you search around you'll find other threads discussing whats on the inside.

Or you can find reasons to doubt, and never know.

Good luck with that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Haha. Printing money from people who want to print money.

I'm glad for you, you're pride of yourself how to print money, but it's not give me any idea about your topic.

It is a chronology of creating a passive income stream. Printing money.

However, I would not recommend you join the INSIDERS at this point. You need to boost your post to like ratio first.

The INSIDERS is populated by people who invest in themselves and others.

Let's take this thread back to it's topic.

G

Guest14692

My past experience with binary options ultimately sums up everyones experience with binary options...

kuhdfg_zpsrfqk9trh.png

Avoid it like the plague unless your ABSOLUTELY sure you can make it work and understand the psychology involved. I would also only trust NADEX, a new platform that is actually a US regulated exchange, over sighted by the CFTC.

Keep truckin'. Good luck finding something that is both profitable and your passionate about......

I'll tell you that I'm absolutely NOT passionate about what I'm currently selling ..... actually I wholeheartedly and fundamentally disagree with them and those who feel they are the answer to their "problems".... but they seem to be paying some bills!

IMG_6915_zpsg7zwgv6i.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am not going to edit your post, but I suggest you do.

This forum has several hundred thousand visitors per month. Most are lurkers, and many are looking for easy businesses to knock off.

I would delete the reference to your specific product. You can leave the photo, just delete the product reference.

@joefazzolari

G

Guest14692

I am not going to edit your post, but I suggest you do.

This forum has several hundred thousand visitors per month. Most are lurkers, and many are looking for easy businesses to knock off.

I would delete the reference to your specific product. You can leave the photo, just delete the product reference.

@joefazzolari

Thanks boss. Heat of the moment!

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Here people collect LIKES too.lol

Thanks for your free advice. Ok, I'll avoid to be an INSIDERS without a ton of LIKES.

It has nothing to do with collecting likes. It has to do with being a valuable person to the community. Sling this low-value B.S. on the inside and you're throwing your money away. Learn to listen, read, and comprehend and the INSIDERS' section will have value.

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
You don't get it. Which is why you're still making worthless posts and derailing the thread further, even after Vig asked to get it back on topic. It's not about "collecting likes," it's about providing value, which you clearly don't judging by your like & rep vs activity. You post all the time and yet produce no value.

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
I made this thread in the hopes of getting some kind of advice or inspiration, something to get the creative juices flowing

@Luffy did you get what you asked for? So far it looks like:
Was that what you were looking for?

59769059.jpg

Grinning-Jack

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Mar 8, 2015
Nobody owes you shit. Especially not one of the most legendary contributors on this board.
Yep, and it makes me happy. Because nobody owes me anything as well as I owe nothing to anybody.
I asked the question and ve received the answer that thread is about.lol

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It has nothing to do with collecting likes. It has to do with being a valuable person to the community. Sling this low-value B.S. on the inside and you're throwing your money away. Learn to listen, read, and comprehend and the INSIDERS' section will have value.

^^^ If it's not blindingly obvious why your rep bank is in dollars and is engineered to increase as you help or entertain the people around you, then this advice is the single most important advice for you at this stage.

Look at what people are "liking" and passing rep for.

What's the pattern?

Sometimes it's from creating a helpful thread for others to read.

Sometimes it's from curating content out there on the web and pointing to an article that this community would be interested in.

Sometimes it's from spending 20 minutes responding to someone's query.

Sometimes it's from being grateful.

Sometimes it's from being open and honest about your problems and "bleeding on the page" (mostly INSIDERS threads because they aren't indexed).

Sometimes it's from a few insightful prods (@jon.a is very good at this).

And if you're worried you don't have anything to contribute, then sometimes it's just from doing some hard work to help others in this forum (see plenty of Gold posts by new members who dig out all the other gold in here and hand them to us on a platter).

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
^^^ If it's not blindingly obvious why your rep bank is in dollars and is engineered to increase as you help or entertain the people around you, then this advice is the single most important advice for you at this stage.

Look at what people are "liking" and passing rep for.

What's the pattern?

Sometimes it's from creating a helpful thread for others to read.

Sometimes it's from curating content out there on the web and pointing to an article that this community would be interested in.

Sometimes it's from spending 20 minutes responding to someone's query.

Sometimes it's from being grateful.

Sometimes it's from being open and honest about your problems and "bleeding on the page" (mostly INSIDERS threads because they aren't indexed).

Sometimes it's from a few insightful prods (@jon.a is very good at this).

And if you're worried you don't have anything to contribute, then sometimes it's just from doing some hard work to help others in this forum (see plenty of Gold posts be new members who dig out all the other gold in here and hand them to us on a platter).

Speed Points:
Rep Bank:
$15,701

below 1:1 likes to messages means you're likely taking more than you're contributing (so far) or new

1:1 likes to messages is good. It's above average. It's hard to get here as you have to overcome your newbie posts and early ratios suck.

+/- 2:1 likes to messages is great. People approaching 2:1 ratios means what they have to say is resonating with people. They're giving more than they are soaking in.

almost 3:1 likes to messages is adding serious value. You'll see a big rep bank there, probably at least one or more gold threads, and people likely are listening to you very seriously.

THANK YOU for your contributions to the Fast Lane Forum Andy.

** There are obviously exceptions to this at all parts of the spectrum. The bottom line is a 1:1 ratio is something to shoot for, and at 3:1 with a high post count, you're probably a speaker candidate for the next get together.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Protip: you can also post lots of Emma pics as likebait :cigar:

"Likebait"... nice... lol.

Just don't make the mistake of thinking the rep bank is real. There's people in here with hardly any posts who're banking it, and people who maybe spend too much time posting and not enough taking action.

It's a good closed system for learning that adding value results in more $Rep, and actually shows how hard it is to get people to even press a like button, never mind hand over some real money.

It's no substitute for going out and doing it IRL.

(Thanks for the kind words @Vigilante... but it's you guys running the forum who deserve the thanks for creating this microcosm where the more we put in, the more we get out.)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
"Likebait"... nice... lol.

Just don't make the mistake of thinking the rep bank is real. There's people in here with hardly any posts who're banking it, and people who maybe spend too much time posting and not enough taking action.

It's a good closed system for learning that adding value results in more $Rep, and actually shows how hard it is to get people to even press a like button, never mind hand over some real money.

It's no substitute for going out and doing it IRL.

(Thanks for the kind words @Vigilante... but it's you guys running the forum who deserve the thanks for creating this microcosm where the more we put in, the more we get out.)

MJ has actually been asked by people how they cash out their rep banks. Usually the question comes from people with $20 or less in it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Luffy

Is this helping?

What can you do even just to add value to the forum?

If you work on that, you'll develop the mindset needed to go out and add value to people outside the forum... which is the only way you're going to make real $$.

You're already showing signs of developing - becoming more coachable...

Keep going sir.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my flight in 3 hours. So I go looking for some popcorn eating threads to pass the time and I find a thread started by Luffy! It's like Christmas morning!

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I can't respond to everyone but there are plenty of great advice in this thread worth paying for. Thanks everyone.

@Andy Black You're absolutely right, I'm building a lifelong habit by trying to give value to people in the forum.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Protip: you can also post lots of Emma pics as likebait :cigar:

Imagine if you took those door-to-door!

Fastlane salesman overnight!

Maybe this belongs in INE. :D

Gotta find opportunity right?

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
No, no he's not. Look at how enthusiastic any successful person is about the company they run. It's not that they love building computer, or they love selling people napkins. It's that they love building an empire. That is the passion people speak about in business.

For some reason people hear someone with success say stuff like "I wake up at 5:30 and read the newspaper while I ride the exercise bike. Then at 6:30 I have a fruit smoothie and head to the office" and take this as literal advice to do those activities. Stop. Don't. You're trying to replicate their routine that brings them success. Take the underlying implications as the advice.

The common theme you hear from successful people is to work hard, keep working, and learn to love what you're doing (working hard). Think about Job's words in this video,

I was lucky, I found what I loved to do early in life. Woz and I started Apple in my parents garage when I was 20. We worked hard, and in 10 years Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a $2 billion company with over 4000 employees.
He ends that bit with

We had just released our finest creation the Macintosh a year earlier, and I had just turned 30. And then I got fired.
He's not saying he started building computer and loved it. No! He says we founded Apple, we grew apple for 10 years. We had 4,000 employees. We had just launched our best creation yet. I got fired! I was still building an amazing company...

He loved taking Apple from two people in a garage to $2b in sales and 4,000 employees. That's what he loved doing. He built an empire on an idea. The idea that he could find an untapped desire in the market and build a solution to fill that desire with the best possible hardware in the world.

That's what he did when he returned to Apple. He took his struggling empire that had deflated due to dry unimaginative management, and made it one of the best companies in the world by rebuilding the empire to give the market things it didn't know it wanted.

You gotta love the grind. You have to have passion for the niche your business is in--not a passion for the work itself, or even the product--but a passion for providing things so valuable to people that they will wait in line to get them. Sure Jobs liked his iPads, but he probably LOVED the market response and the way his empire strengthened off the back of his thesis: Make great things. Never settle. Be different.

This got a bit wordy, but the ultimate point is that it doesn't matter what you sell, it matters how you sell it. It matters that you love the process of creating, marketing, and fulfilling. <-- that, by the way, is the process we talk about. Create, market, fulfill. Once you create something and someone says, "wow, here's my money I want that," you'll be in love with the process too.
This is a GOLD post.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I have an idea theag, how about I start liking all of your posts from now on but you send $20 to my rep bank per like?
So now you're whoring yourself out?

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
What if you're passionate about money like Kevin O'leary?

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
So now you're whoring yourself out?
I'm offering a business deal by filling a need you have so if you see value in it you'll take the offer. That said businesses operate like that so if I'm whoring myself out so is everyone else running a business.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
What if you're passionate about money like Kevin O'leary?

Then find a way to make money. Kevin O'leary started his own software business and worked his a$$ off to get where he is.

I feel like you're just trolling everyone now though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.