The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Ultimate Answer : Should You Follow Your Passion?!

Anything related to matters of the mind

JPDeCarvalho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Feb 18, 2018
Brazil
For a entire year I was disturbed by this advice " Follow Your Passion" , or worse "Find Your Purpose". I tried everything until someday I had the epiphany that this advice is FULL BS!!
How could you find your purpose if there is NO purpose .

“Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather must recognize that it is he who is asked."

Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

The point I'm trying to make is : YOU are the responsible for creating your PURPOSE.
There is no right path . Maybe you should go to college , maybe not . It's up to you to decide it.
If your ultimate goal is to have a 9-5 job , go ahead and just do it . If not , pick the other alternative .

I know , it's confortable when someone else is telling us what to do . But they can be wrong , and if you want to be an entrepreneur you have to get used to uncertainty and ambiguity.
I don't even think that people who say " do what you love " have bad intention. But believe me : work is work . You won't feel good everyday . Usually what makes people enjoy their work are the traits of the work . I recommend the book "So good they can't ignore you" by Cal Newport.
He explain that skills trump passion , and what makes you love your work . First you get good then you enjoy more . Not the opposite.

Also as a side note I want you to realize that THERE IS NO COMPLETION. If you want to get rich , go ahead with all your heart and do it . But realize that the ultimate joy of life isn't consuming , it's producing , engaging. If you want to get rich in order to never work again or something like that ... Maybe you want to think again .
Remember :
life is a journey not a destination.

Thanks for your attention folks ! rs

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.