The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first business attempt - Is this a potential fastlane road?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

sangmen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 10, 2015
So, my mom's friend has asked me if I could help her in bookkepping services as a freelancer in her restaurant. Since I graduated from college in accounting 3 months back, it is still kinda fresh in my mind on how to keep this going on. After I set up her books and all that she will give me a fee. I know that the fastlane road is really when it conforms to the rule of effection. I feel that in my city, the smaller restaurants do not have proper bookkeeping and accounting systems and also face some issues (mainly inventory management). Many of the small restaurants with a limited budget do not invest on erp softwares or pos systems and all that becoz of their budget constraints. I was wondering if I could come up with a cost effective yet efficient systems for these restaurants, which are budget friendly. Since I graduated in accounting, I am developing other skills like coding (HTML, Java n so on from online sites like codecademy) so that it can help me in making a system. My question is I just wanna know if this is a fastlane road becoz I think that there r many small restaurants that might benefit with this

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
How many have you sold? Offer cheap accounting help to a couple of local restaurants in return for smaller fees and free dining. (Sell the free dining to others). Use them as test beds to see what money you can save them and then ask for a portion of that as a monthly amount in payment. Then start adding restaurants and staff to handle the work. Then bundle it all into a system and sell.

The software is already there. There are many POS and quickbooks type systems. What is not there is the expertise. Find a way to get in the door and get some free food. Then show them what you save them and get that as monthly fees.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Offer cheap accounting help to a couple of local restaurants

Really, this is a great start out of college. Perfect to get experience and your feet wet. I wouldn't worry about "Fastlane".

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
There is one thing about being an accountant for others. Once, you have to work few years before for other companies, to get really good and deep knowledge how it is everything all about. Second, you will have to spend a lot of time just in reading about the changing rulex, takes and etc. I know that for a restaurant it's rather not too demanding, however, doing bookkeeping for others usually needs few years of working in comoany like that before.

This may be a good route, but, get a proper experience first, otherwise you can do a lot of harm to your clients.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.