The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money Can't Buy Happiness!

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
Lauren-

Have you read Global Student? It's about a mom/dad who developed careers they could do from anywhere (net based, and writing). They then spent their time traveling-- FULL TIME-- all over the world-- w/their kids.

We also plan (if we can sell the business) to travel all over the world w/our kids, full time-- and give them a global education. Using the internet will be a key part of that.
-Russ H.

Hey Russ-Thanks for the suggested reading! Will check it out.

We will definitely travel the world more as our kids get older. Possibly live in Italy or France for a while.

When I was a kid, we had family friends who pulled their kids out of school and sailed around the world for a year on their sailboat. They lived all over the world as their kids grew. Quite amazing life experiences for all of them. I admire that.

Awesome that you're gonna travel the world with your kids! I love that! :hurray:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I have the life I want, but kids and mortgages and obligations don't allow for such spontaneous freedom.

Lauren, Lauren, Lauren...this is defeatist attitude. If you truly want to travel the world with the kids, you can do it. All it takes is the decision. You will figure out the details. It can be done.

When I decided to sell me company in 2007, one of the reasons was I was tired of being stuck geographically. I wanted to travel the world and acquire a global education for both myself and the kids. Up until that point, I had traveled a lot, but never lived abroad. I always had to come home for the 'kids and mortgages...'

Last year we decided to make the move. I am married and have a 14 yr old daughter, 10 yr old son, and a 2 yr old son. I have a house (or 2) in the US with a mortgage. We even have dogs.

But we made the decision to move to Estonia. The details worked themselves out. Of course I had planned for this beginning in 2007 when I started the sales process, then I formalized my consulting business which allowed me to work from anwhere. And this was by design, not accident.

We found a house sitter who also takes care of the dogs. We did all the detail things necessary to make it happen. And we left.

And I can honestly tell you this was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. And the rest of the family would completely agree.

In fact, we are moving back to the US this summer and selling everything and will move abroad again in a few months. Most likely we will let the kids finish their school year there, but next summer, we are gone. We aren't exactly sure yet, but we are considering 4 different options and we have already decided we will move to another country again after 3-4 years, max.

Just so you know, before last year, I had lived within 10 miles of the house I grew up in my entire life. My parents and all but one of my siblings live in the same area. I have friends I have known since 1st grade. And I even told my wife 2 years ago I would never, ever move again until it was in a long black limosine.

Funny you mention spontaneous freedom too. When I moved here last summer I came a couple of weeks early with just my 10 year old son. We flew into Czech Republic to watch a MotoGP race in Brno (I am a huge motorcycle race fan and a rider/racer as well). But Will (my son) and I didn't even know how we were going to get to Estonia from Czech once the race was over. We didn't even have a hotel room booked. And we had not even begun to look for a place to live in Estonia.

We just traveled through Czech, Poland, Lithuania, and Latvia for couple of weeks before arriving in Tartu, Estonia where we stayed in a hostel. We then called a RE agent who showed us apartments. I litterly signed the rental contract the night before my wife and other kids arrived and we moved in the same day they arrived.

Now this may not be the thing for you, but don't ever let these limiting thoughts enter your brain. If you want to do something, allow yourself to find a way to make it happen. If you tell yourself you can't do it because of kids, mortgages, or other obligations, your mind believes what you say and accepts the excuse as reality. Don't ever give your mind that excuse. Do you really want to be 80 years old with regrets? I don't.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Lauren-

Have you read Global Student? It's about a mom/dad who developed careers they could do from anywhere (net based, and writing). They then spent their time traveling-- FULL TIME-- all over the world-- w/their kids.

Story is a bit dense (hard to read). But makes great points.

We also plan (if we can sell the business) to travel all over the world w/our kids, full time-- and give them a global education. Using the internet will be a key part of that.

Our oldest is almost 4-- so we're getting close!!! :banana:

-Russ H.

Russ,
I highly recommend it. It has been a great decision for our family and my kids love the adventure. They learn more by travelling than any school lectures.

Since we have lived in Estonia, we have traveled to Riga - Latvia, several towns in Estonia, Helsinki and Rovaniemi - Finland, Stockholm - Sweden, Brussels/Bruges/Ghent/Dendermonde - Belgium, and we are going to Dublin - Ireland in 2 weeks.

My daughter has learned more in the past year than 3 years of middle school.

andy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 28, 2010
UK
I see serious philosophical flaws with this statement.

First of all, if you rely on others to make you happy, you need to reanalyze your life. No one makes you happy, only you can do this. That doesn't mean that others cannot enrich your life, but if you need outside influence for happiness, you have some self esteem problems you need to contend with.

And second, what do you mean by share your wealth? Why would you give your money away to someone who didn't earn it? I don't know the exact statistics, but generally lottery winners end up completely broke within a few short years because they received something they did not work for and had no concept of managing it. In my admittedly controversial opinion, charity (in most cases) is very destructive for society. You are handing money over to people who did not earn it and have no concept of managing it, for the benefit of someone else who did not earn it.

An alternative would be to create economic productivity. Create businesses which hire people. Invest in assets that improve the standard of living for all people (of course this sounds a bit pollyanna, but I am talking in general terms).

If/when you become fabulously wealthy, do you really want to lavish gifts upon your friends? Do you think it's possible their motives may change in regards to your friendship? Maybe, maybe not. But if your buddy earns $35k/yr and you make $500k/yr, guess who is picking up the bar tab when it breaks over $1k?

In reality, if/when you become fabulously wealthy, you will upgrade your friends along the way. Your associations are very critical to your success, and as you raise your level, you will find that some friends aren't really friends at all, and in fact are boat anchors. You may not see this now, but you will. And as you raise the level of your friends, the need for subsidizing your entourage diminishes greatly.

A few things about this post, while I can see where you are coming from and I respect your opinion, I appreciate your input and I 110% agree that 'your associations are very critical to your success', very wise words of wisdom there.

Firstly, I haven't gone in to the details within my post, the people who make me happy may be the people who have supported me through everything I do and have done, and have made me who I am today, which in my eyes, personally, means they have earned it. I'm not just talking about giving a lump of money to a 'mate' just for the sake of it, as I know these things can really come back to bite you in the backside!

The second point, regarding your alternative of creating a business, is already something I think about most of the time, especially when I am made aware of the struggles these people close to me go through in their current jobs, yet are capable of so much more.

If you wouldn't mind me asking, albeit a little off topic :) what are your opinions on family businesses?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
If you wouldn't mind me asking, albeit a little off topic :) what are your opinions on family businesses?

I don't like to mix family and business. I know many have had success at this, and many have not. For me, I prefer to keep that segmented.

I hired a cousin a few years ago who created real problems for the company. He had to be fired at the directive of our 2nd largest client (about $3m revenue) due to some client relations issues, so I was forced to let him go. I gave him a very generous severage package in return for a resignation letter. Once he accepted the terms and the severance was paid, a couple of weeks later he called threatening to sue me for non-payment of back vacation pay. This was included in the severance, btw. Then he filed for unemployement and got it due to a clerical error in the state of OH. He stayed on unemployment for nearly 2 years draining our acount and raising our rate in the state. Then he proceeded to bad mouth me throughout the family and I started getting nasty calls from his wife and his mother.

I also hired my father as CFO a few years ago and this created several problems. He is a brilliant guy and very successful in his own right, but something about working for me caused issues. He always knew best and made decisions without my approval on a regular basis. One of his decisions cost us a fairly large client (about $1m in annual revenue). Of course it was ultimately my resonsiblity as the leader, but how do you tell your dad he did something stupid? Eventually I phased him out and kept him on contract to review our books quarterly as a paid consultant.

While in both cases, I remained the company owner, the family dynamic caused much strife. Life is too short for me to deal with that again.

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
Lauren, Lauren, Lauren...this is defeatist attitude. If you truly want to travel the world with the kids, you can do it. All it takes is the decision. You will figure out the details. It can be done.

Now this may not be the thing for you, but don't ever let these limiting thoughts enter your brain. If you want to do something, allow yourself to find a way to make it happen. If you tell yourself you can't do it because of kids, mortgages, or other obligations, your mind believes what you say and accepts the excuse as reality. Don't ever give your mind that excuse. Do you really want to be 80 years old with regrets? I don't.

Thanks, but I think you guys misunderstood me. I NEVER have a defeatist attitude. Of course I can live anywhere in the world I want. I NEVER have limiting thoughts. I don't ever create excuses. I don't have regrets. I retired at the age of 35. I didn't get to this place in my life by being negative and without beliefs, etc. Your giving good advice about having positive beliefs, but you're preaching to the choir.

What I meant was, that I thought it was cool that this couple decided within a couple of days to pick up and move to Thailand having never been there before. I don't have that COMPLETE freedom without consequences. I could have left in 2 days also, but my kids were in school and my husband was in finals in his 3rd year of dental school. To have had that SPONTANEOUS FREEDOM, we would have had to make arrangements for business, houses, investments and a 160-lb dog. Of course it CAN be done, It's just less complicated when 2 people without kids and other stuff choose to move to another country in a moment. Personally, I don't want to move abroad now.

I traveled all over the world before kids. We will buy 1-2 more vacation homes abroad. We will travel the world more as a family when my kids get older, but if I tried to drag my fiesty 5 year old across Europe now, Mommy would need some cocktails and Xanax!! :smx4:

(Totally kidding!!)

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Lauren,
I wasn't really trying to bust your chops, but your comment about 'life, kids and mortgages' seemed uncharacteristically defeatist for you.

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
Lauren,
I wasn't really trying to bust your chops, but your comment about 'life, kids and mortgages' seemed uncharacteristically defeatist for you.

No biggie! If I did somehow become a defeatist with a poopy attitude, I would hope those close to me (including those on this forum) would verbally b*tch slap me back into my happy-place reality! Thanks! :smug2:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A

Anon3587x

Wealth doesn't buy happiness.
It buys opportunity.

Those who take advantage of the opportunity they are given will be happy.

Those who do not will be miserable.

But it all goes back to social Darwinism.

The same people who are successful now, would of been successful 500 years ago if they would of been around at the time.

These people always find a way to make something happen.

The same people who are happy poor just because.
Will be happy rich just because.

It all comes down to each individual person.
You cannot generalize a statement like

"money can't buy happiness"

There is no universal answer to it.

BadolzoN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 2, 2010
I completely agree with you, happiness stems from lack of discomfort, so the more comfortable we are with what we have, the happier we are. I GUARANTEE you there are poor individuals who are happier than the richest people you know.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
Im sorry but I disagree with this thread, I understand the concept and philosphy behind this, but in this day and age it is simply not true.

I have lived a life at times where I can not afford to get on public transport and eat properly everyday. I have actually been struggling again for 6 months as I lost my job at christmas, the truth is simple.

The books I like to read are never found in my local library, I like to read books dating back to 15th century, so rarely do I find books I want to read so buying them or downloading them and printing them off is the only option, both of which need money.

To eat healthily you need money, a healthy mind body and soul will create a state of happiness. Most people will struggle to be happy if their brains are lacking in nutrients and clouded with stress.

I have been asked to go back for 2 days training for a job I recently applied for, the training is 3 hours of walking away, so 6 hours in total.

As much as I love walking, this is clearly not efficient.

Money does buy happiness but only when you spend it on your happiness, if you have money and all you do is waste it on junk and partying then you wont be happy.

On the other hand if you invest it in yourself, your health and your wealth, this is a different story.

I dont want to work at this job, believe me its not job of the century. But I have a dream, I have a vision and this job is taking me closer to my goal, therefore I am so thankful that I have managed to find a job in these bad times.

1 year and I will be self employed and earning good money, you need a job if you want to be wealthy, how else are you going to pay for a domain, pay for websites, pay for investments, or pay people to do the work for you.

A job is a blessing in disguise if used wisely.

G

Guest3722A

Im sorry but I disagree with this thread, I understand the concept and philosphy behind this, but in this day and age it is simply not true.

I have lived a life at times where I can not afford to get on public transport and eat properly everyday. I have actually been struggling again for 6 months as I lost my job at christmas, the truth is simple.

The books I like to read are never found in my local library, I like to read books dating back to 15th century, so rarely do I find books I want to read so buying them or downloading them and printing them off is the only option, both of which need money.

To eat healthily you need money, a healthy mind body and soul will create a state of happiness. Most people will struggle to be happy if their brains are lacking in nutrients and clouded with stress.

I have been asked to go back for 2 days training for a job I recently applied for, the training is 3 hours of walking away, so 6 hours in total.

As much as I love walking, this is clearly not efficient.

Money does buy happiness but only when you spend it on your happiness, if you have money and all you do is waste it on junk and partying then you wont be happy.

On the other hand if you invest it in yourself, your health and your wealth, this is a different story.

I dont want to work at this job, believe me its not job of the century. But I have a dream, I have a vision and this job is taking me closer to my goal, therefore I am so thankful that I have managed to find a job in these bad times.

1 year and I will be self employed and earning good money, you need a job if you want to be wealthy, how else are you going to pay for a domain, pay for websites, pay for investments, or pay people to do the work for you.

A job is a blessing in disguise if used wisely.

Seeing that you like books, how about using some creativity to build your own personal library of rare books that soon enough could be worth well over 6 figures?

Here's how it works:

1. Use the internet or go to the library and research what types of used books hold the most value for resale.

2. Go to several used book stores around town that purchase used books and see what they're selling used books for.

3. Get listings from the newspaper that give the dates of library sales.

4. Go to the sales early and purchase books by the bulk that hold resale value and sell them to the used book stores for a worthwhile spread but at a discount to their secondary market pricing.

5. Use the proceeds from the sales and purchase one or two rare books.

A very good friend of mine has done this for several years and he literally has a library that spans across four rooms of the same exact types of books you're looking for. His collection is extremely valuable and his cost basis was next to nothing.

Allseeingeye

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jul 17, 2010
1. Use the internet or go to the library and research what types of used books hold the most value for resale.

Thanks for the reply, but before I can move on to any other the other steps could you please explain more about the first. I did not know there is a search function for book values, I am from the UK so if you could enlighten me more about this, it seems like a feasable idea. I wont even need the money to buy the book if I can find a seller with stock, I can just do a dropship listing somewhere or take pre orders.

Please let me know as this is very interesting.

Thanks again my friend

G

Guest3722A

Thanks for the reply, but before I can move on to any other the other steps could you please explain more about the first. I did not know there is a search function for book values, I am from the UK so if you could enlighten me more about this, it seems like a feasable idea. I wont even need the money to buy the book if I can find a seller with stock, I can just do a dropship listing somewhere or take pre orders.

Please let me know as this is very interesting.

Thanks again my friend

One more bit of info I'd like to give you with this venture is to also locate several book stores to sell your inventory to and make sure that you have a 'cleaner' at the end to pick up whatever you cannot sell elsewhere. Cleaners are usually the giant book sellers out there who also for the most part are the ones with the rare books you desire.:smxB:

God Bless and stay good... ok? :)

sharper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jan 18, 2010
London
It all comes down to each individual person.
You cannot generalize a statement like

There is no universal answer to it.

I 100% agree with this... define your idea of happiness... maybe money wont buy it...

Ben Middleton

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 26, 2011

I spent the best 24 hours of my life with an amazing female called Jiina from London. If i could move to London or even had the money to Travel to London just to visit her I'd be the happiest man on the planet.

Not having money = Very sad Ben. :cuss:

Kdthelegend

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jun 5, 2011
To me money equals freedom. I would use my money to allow me to be free for the rest of my life. My happiness will come from being able to do what I want, go where I want, buy what I want, and to spend my time doing what I want. As long as I know I got a nice sum of money stashed away in a bank that I can live off of for the rest of my life I'm good. As long as I got some money to give my kids a nice start into the real world I will be happy.

Any access money I would use to help others through various non profit organizations. I understand that I cannot be controlled by my money. But I must control my money and direct it to bring in more money, as I live my life without worry about money coming in. I just don't want to worry about money. I know once I get it I know how to keep it. I just don't won't money to ever be able to stop me from doing what I want to do in my life.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If i could move to London or even had the money to Travel to London just to visit her I'd be the happiest man on the planet.

Money, properly used, can create an incredible freedom that words cannot describe, i.e "I can fly to London and spend time with an awesome gal!".

Improperly used, money destroys freedom. (Wow, I just got a raise and now have an extra $500/mo which will allow me to afford the monthly payment on that brand new Audi TT!)

Glad to see you all get it!!!

Anybid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 13, 2009
Switzerland
Well said, MJ!!!

to invest in a ticket to London in this case is indeed money properly used since you actually buy yourself a wonderful time, a terrific experience, that will eventually turn into a wonderful lasting memory. Great example (and of course the three F's play a big part in it);)

D

DeletedUser394

'Money can't buy me happiness
But I'm happiest when I can buy what I want, anytime that I want
Get high when I want.'

Who in this world wouldn't love the opportunity to do whatever they want, whenever they want, with the ability to purchase whatever they want, and visit wherever they want, and help whomever they want?

Money certainly helps the cause along.

Not wealthy yet, but I'm relatively happy now, even with so few resources at my disposal now. Why? Because every day I hustle harder and get one or two steps closer to the dream.

I'm meeting great people along the way, leaving bad influences behind, and growing as a person every step of the way.

KittyWrestler

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 6, 2011
Look no further, here is your answer to "what is true happiness" based on a century long scientific research. The researchers did follow real folks for decades to conclude this:

You enjoy the true happiness when you are grateful for what you have and able to give back.
The recent research concluded that once you make around $50K - $70K for your family, anything beyond that doesn't contribute to your happiness as much as you think. However, your relationship with other humans matter a lot. If you have a very loving relationship with your family and friends and you are able to give back to them and your community, you tend to enjoy your life to the fullest.

Now, back to "if money brings happiness". I believe once you can make a few millions or billions, you won't feel happy spending it on "things". You will only feel happy when you can use that money to make a difference and improve others lives.

I am speaking from my own experience too. I have made a little over a million bucks and we still pull in quarter million a year. Financially, I feel no difference comparing to those days while I was making $60K and got only a few thousands in the bank. But it made a huge difference while I was able to get a few of my friends to attend a nerd conference on my dime (cuz I can), or buying 4 iPads for all my child's grandparents to facetime with us, or giving my best bud my spare car while hers broke down for a while and couldn't afford to fix it... When I helped others with resources I have, it contributed to my happiness...

Give, you shall receive. And I think what we receive is true happiness. Money is the mean for you to be able to give big.

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
The question that comes to mind from your statements here are;
1- who will view you as a failure?
2- why do you care?

This guy had some serious guilt issues to contend with. This likely is due to the world view that wealth is bad and if you attain it you are lucky and you have an obligation to help those that didn't win the sperm lottery like you did. This is bullshit.

If you attain wealth, you deserve it. Money doesn't need to equal things however. As I stated with a blog reply to this guy, you can do much better things with your money than give it away. He could have gone to Brazil and bought land and started a farm. This would have been a productive asset which would have fed and employed people. He could have increased the world's prosperity with acts like these, instead he chose to destroy it.

By this, I mean, when you give money away to a charity, you are hiring managers to determine asset allocation. These are not productive people (usually). If they were, they would be doing something productive. You are paying them a salary for their time which decays the value of the investment. Then, they are giving money or food or clothes (or whatever) to people who didn't earn it. Then, by injecting these free or cheap goods into an economy, you crush the local competition because they cannot compete with free or very cheap. This creates an ongoing reliance on the charity because you have not given them sustainability, only an undeserved gift.

Think about it this way, if I gave you $100k per month, would you still go to work? Whatever you did at work, presumably, was productive, but now has completely evaporated. By giving you charity, I have destroyed productivity and therefore, wealth. Yes, I know this is a simple example, but I am too lazy to type out a long one).

On to your backpacking question. Why not go backpacking? Who cares what others think? In reality, your friends with their nice cars and nice houses will envy you because you will be experiencing more in 6 months than they will likely experience in their lifetimes because they are a slave to their things. They have a car payment and a mortgage. They must work daily doing things they may or may not enjoy to support their debt levels.

Do you need a car to be happy? Do you need a house? Maybe you do, maybe not. Only you can answer that. But what you need to survive is your capacity to think and work. Do you have the financial ability to backpack around Europe/South America (or wherever you were considering)? If it is something you want to do, is there going to be a better time to do it? Not likely.

You only ride this roller coaster once.
Bump...

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
Absolutely and it is usually because money bought them the wrong things ... money can buy bondage while it can also buy freedom. I'd guess that millionaires are under stress because they have a lifestyle to upkeep; bills, debts, cars -- and it all can come crumbling down with a simple pink-slip or uncontrollable market action ... I'd be stressed too!

THIS. Thank you MJ.

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
If you tell yourself you can't do it because of kids, mortgages, or other obligations, your mind believes what you say and accepts the excuse as reality. Don't ever give your mind that excuse. Do you really want to be 80 years old with regrets? I don't.
Amen. Thank you very much@GlobalWealth. I just recently woke up to this very fact....especially, and unknowingly blaming my kids for my unfreedom to do what I want. I've been carrying it around as a badge of honor!
I'm doing something about it to rectify the situation.

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can:

1) buy you the best (organic) food and supplements so your body can have the nutrients it needs

2) buy you a comfortable house so you can live well there

3) give you freedom to indulge in the otherwise “useless” (or should I say less profitable) passion, like traveling, becoming an artist (both kinds), playing video games etc

4) allow you to help others in a grand scale, like building a hospital and give free treatment to the poor and underprivileged, or buying an entire forest just to preserve it. Tell me how you can do that without money?

My father has Parkinson’s disease and it’s getting worse. I found out that there might be a hospital in China that can help. But the treatment could take more than a year. Imagine how much that's going to cost! With money I can drop everything, fly my father over there for treatment and let him get well. That would have been something money can buy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.