The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire By 25 Documentary

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
So you're only allowed to criticize people after you started your own progress thread here? Interesting.

I think the point is that it's easy to criticize someone who has exposed themselves in the way Corey has. It takes nerve to do something like this. In a way Z was saying do you have the cojones to put yourself out there and risk the criticism? His point may have also been, what success have you experienced to qualify you to be so critical?

He started 5 completely different business ventures in 2 years, hopping from idea to idea while filming fancy videos. He just got distracted. No focus, no real plan. That's not how you get to a million.

No one is arguing that he was all over the place. BTW, we see this with a lot of members here. I posted above that people aren't seeing the big picture. I'm sure he's learned highly valuable lessons during this process. Lessons that sometimes have to be learned the hard way.

Bottom line. Corey has done more during the last 2 years than most people here have in the last 2 years. Actions that lead to failures is still better than inaction. Yes, he didn't realize his goal and we can pick apart all the things he has done but it's a process isn't it. (A lot of the people picking him apart and offering advice haven't reach a million either but we don't want to confuse the situation with facts.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser2

Bottom line. Corey has done more during the last 2 years than most people here have in the last 2 years. Yes, he didn't realize his goal

but he learned more lessons faster.

he isnt a millionaire now. BUT he just got his first taste of the process to become one. his chances that he will make it to the fast lane, have gone up dramatically. in fact, I would put his chances in the 70-80% chance he will hit millionaire status, sometime in his life (vs the less than 5% I give most people)

his execution sucked. but that now means he has a map of what not to do, and better understanding of what it takes. good on him.

its fine to be critical of others, its feedback for them. however, they guy should also look to himself, and say, well, am I speaking from ego, or helpfulness? I am trying to justify my own lack of results, or am I trying to give good feedback that will benefit everyone.

you want to get better? give better feed back. take the same risks, and put your self out there, and get the lessons, and SHARE THEM. I have spent years F*cking up. Hell, I have f*cked up more than most people. BUT I share my F*ck ups, and my successes on here. hoping to leave bread crumbs for others to follow. maybe it will help them.

Me, I dont do it for ego, I do it to live a more self examined life. to be more reflective of my own choices. and if someone else benefits. great. most to of the time, because of valueless posts like the one i mentioned, I have learned to ignore the masses and their ranting, and mumblings. occasionally, I look for a good solid feed back, and from someone who has tried to do shit as well. (successful or not)

more power to the self examined life, and those taking risks. at his age, I would have F*cked that up too.

at my age, now i just want good feedback from people who take risks as well, so i Know the value of the advice given.

hope that helps

Z

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
How could he possibly have succeeded?

He just distracted himself big time. Thats it. He did it all wrong
then why don't you show us the RIGHT way so we can all benefit maybe?

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
IMO ..Success rate can only be determined by execution. Learning the ropes will take time. With the ideal mindset time scale truly becomes the only unknown. Time becomes slightly more of a priority for those middle aged fastlaners in training like myself. No doubt his net worth is increasing by the day. "Do not ever determine anyones fate but your own"

Arandhawa23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 28, 2013
Cleveland
I started doing business when I was 14. A family friend had came from India and was looking for an iPhone. I realized the price was very expensive in Asia so I started my own wholesale business. I made 60k in profits my first year in. The thing about the business was that it was a more bandwagon type business and wasn't something anyone could ever grow in to reach fastlane. The knowledge I gained all these years is priceless.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Under25 Millionaires by 25 crew assemble, Lol we should have some sort of execution/progress thread for this.

Lets roll, I have 5.5 years left. 993k road ahead.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I just heard/read this recently and I thought what Corey has done might have been a good example for it. "Fortune favors the bold."

Bold and Determined haha

Under25 Millionaires by 25 crew assemble, Lol we should have some sort of execution/progress thread for this.

I've got 4 years and a little over 8 months left until I am 25 y/o. I've got some time but I still want to maintain the sense of urgency the coming of 2014 is giving me.

I'm going to break it down to: My daily routine, my 30 or 90 day plans (once one is over I will have a new one), my objectives for the year 2014 :writing: All of them will not only be about business and money of course.

Haha, yeah it would be nice. Almost everyone else I know personally is focused on college to then get a job or is in the military. I think there was a thread about people in their 20s that I saw when I first joined the forum. I'll search for that one first...bring it back up since I have not seen it since.

I also think we should start a 2014 New Year thread. On one of MJ's videos he says that most people don't stick to their plans...let's see if we will stick to ours via a thread?

PS: I've always wondered who else is in their early 20s on the forum.

elliot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 21, 2012
Kent United Kingdom
I am 25 myself and very surprised how young some are on this forum, its great!
When I was in my early 20's I was so set on my apprenticeship and thought nothing else then 3 months to completion waiting for the nice wage and comfortable slow lane life my company went bust and well its not totally wasted, yes okay its wasted.
Anyway its great seeing people in there early 20's looking at the fastlane and I guess some are way ahead of myself.
Wish somebody came and hit me with this when I left school and gave up creating websites/programming (which I am back to doing now with other stuff). The thing is when I was at school this one teacher said to me and I was like 13 at the time when he caught me working on my games website that I should press on with it and he was amazed how I could create sites like that and I ignored him and thought nobody is going to visit my sites... I think this guy setting a goal by 25 is great.

Last edited:

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what happened with Corey 'millionaire by 25' Not seen updates for a while now and he's past his time.

[Merged by Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

ColtonJD91

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Just turned 22 here. I greatly admire the work Corey put in, and the videos on his website are pretty inspiring. His "why" of retiring his parents appears to be selfless and is something I can respect. If anyone gets a hold of him you should post a little information on this thread so we can hear about his success' and failures.

How could he possibly have succeeded?

I'm with everyone else, man. $81k is more than I can attribute to my name, and I would consider it a success even if it falls short of his lofty goal.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
He succeeded because besides the 81K, he earned experience which combined with his drive and consistency will be worth $10 million in the next few years. Experience of taking action is invaluable.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what happened with Corey 'millionaire by 25' Not seen updates for a while now and he's past his time.

[Merged by Mod]

My guess is he either somehow did it and he's still celebrating right now. Even after almost 2 weeks of non-stop action haha.

...or more likely. He is accepting that he did not make it, but is taking time off to relax and to think of how to earn at least $1 million but with out a time frame.

@arcola I know it's possible. The thing is how? Information product(s) with an affiliate army to market it is what I can see happening.

Information product(s) that serve the desires of my customers' "lizard brain"...and I already came up with an idea haha! :woot:

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
When you do what Corey did you're in a Win-Win situation.

If you're a Millionaire - F*cking tremendous

If not - you're still MILES further than your woulda been working in a plastics factory.

cristian tello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 11, 2013
India
what corey did right was that he actually took action instead of just making plans , his lack of clarity may have costed him the chance to complete his goal

Lets roll, I have 5.5 years left. 993k road ahead.

7 years and 998k for me ; how about forming an under 25 mastermind ?

MorgothBauglir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Dec 23, 2013
23 here, only recently started taking action. The things I've learned in this short time are tremendous.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

Heisenberg

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 11, 2013
What happened to this guy? He just disappeared off the face of the internet when he didn't reach his goal loool

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I too checked yesterday, no footsteps or fingerprints anywhere :p

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
What happened to this guy? He just disappeared off the face of the internet when he didn't reach his goal loool

Some of the forum members were pretty critical of his goals and project so I am assuming he decided that the forum wasn't a productive environment anymore, that was well before his "timeline" was up. It takes balls to make your goals as public and as ambitious as he had, and for that I have mad respect for him.

And on that note, he probably gained a ton of valuable knowledge and experience while many people were sitting here on the forum bashing him and accomplishing nothing. He's probably done a lot more than you have as well. He aimed for the stars and only ended up on the moon, so what, that's better than a lot of us have done.

Last edited:

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
According to his facebook... "I'm still working on the challenge. Going a little incognito for a bit, Too many copycats were popping up. Will post an update soon."

Ashta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 24, 2014
United Kingdom
Not been here long and just had a scout around this thread. From reading his first post and the last couple of pages I decided to have a mosey on over to his website/blog/facebook & twitter. All of which haven't been updated for some time.I get the vibe from looking at these that maybe he was spending a little too much time faffing around on social media and building up hype about what he was doing more than the actual 'doing' part of his plan.

Him going off the grid for a while was most likely to detach himself from the ball and chain of keeping the world updated. It's actually very time consuming and most likely ate into a lot of the time he could have been using more constructively. Most likely he's gathering his thoughts on how to carry on towards his goal - no shame in moving the bar when you're on the right track :)

No doubt we'll hear off him soon and he'll be back on his feet with a better plan. Nobody can take away the learning curve this would have been for him so I think even if he hasn't achieved what he set out to do he is in good stead to start again with the knowledge he's accumulated from this project.

One last thing I'd like to add is that even if he has completely failed, instead of bashing him people could still learn a lot from him. His determination, ambition and most of all his mistakes so we can avoid making them ourselves.

Heisenberg

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 11, 2013
Some of the forum members were pretty critical of his goals and project so I am assuming he decided that the forum wasn't a productive environment anymore, that was well before his "timeline" was up. It takes balls to make your goals as public and as ambitious as he had, and for that I have mad respect for him.

And on that note, he probably gained a ton of valuable knowledge and experience while many people were sitting here on the forum bashing him and accomplishing nothing. He's probably done a lot more than you have as well. He aimed for the stars and only ended up on the moon, so what, that's better than a lot of us have done.

He didn't only disappear from this forum but the rest of the internet as well, he has not even updated his website.

He aimed for the stars but built a spaceship made of cardboard (minecraft skin apps and self-publishing LOL)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"I'm still working on the challenge. Going a little incognito for a bit, Too many copycats were popping up. Will post an update soon."

Copycats of what? The glamorous title of "millionaire by 25" or the copying of a legitimate business model? I'm not sure what "copycats" have to do with creating a sustainable business that provides value on a worldwide scale. I'm assuming the "copycats" are in reference to every 20 year old that wants to become a millionaire by 25 by doing little to no work. So yea, I'm sure there are a ton of copycats doing a lot of mental masturbation and action-faking with little to no execution.

As for Corey, I always thought the concept was doomed from the start because it was clear his focus was on the money (and the documentary) and not on the value that would generate the money. Nonetheless, I commend him on the effort and the bravado to put himself out there. I'm confident he will indeed one day, reach his goal.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.